Official 2010 Draft Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Question...

Is there a rule about when you can start talking to guys about being an UDFA? For instance, since we don't have any picks in the 7th and our last pick is at the top of the 6th.. Can we go ahead and start calling guys about coming in for workouts/camp?

Like, "Hey, if you don't get picked up in this last round, we'd REALLY like you to come in and tryout for a spot"

Question...

Is there a rule about when you can start talking to guys about being an UDFA? For instance, since we don't have any picks in the 7th and our last pick is at the top of the 6th.. Can we go ahead and start calling guys about coming in for workouts/camp?

Like, "Hey, if you don't get picked up in this last round, we'd REALLY like you to come in and tryout for a spot"

I think it is the second that the draft is over. That's when you need to start working the phones. It is supposed to be better for the player to be able to pick their team as a UDFA instead of going in rounds 5-7. Pay is supposed to be pretty close.

Guest mashburn

Question...

I don't think there is aa rule. I think that is fair....and if the guy gets picked in the seventh and we call him, its not big loss to that guy, but it stinks we waisted our breath for five minutes