Official 2010 Draft Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest mashburn

well I'm glad some people know who he is. I can't tell you anything about o line or d line.

so I'm glad to hear the ones who know him thinks its a good pick

Pass blocking: Quick pass set, but often lines up in a two-point stance in UNLV's spread offense. Keeps feet moving after initial contact to stay in front of defender. Strong punch, but will overextend and lose his balance. Quick feet to maintain contact throughout the play, even when defenders take advantage of space afforded them with the line's wide splits. Plays with good leverage, and rarely gets pushed back into the quarterback. Good pre-snap awareness; will point out blitzers to the center. Picks up extra rushers quite well, punching his man and recoiling to catch and hold up the linebacker. Agile enough to help out tackles on the edge, but his consistent lunging at ends in space allows them to avoid or shed him too easily.

Run blocking: Mauler inside who latches onto defenders (both inside and outside the numbers) and does not let go. Strong enough to turn his man out of the hole. Keeps feet moving after contact; capable of driving three-technique tackles into the ground through his effort to sustain the block. Willing to add himself to the pile to drive the ballcarrier forward or pull defenders off him. Should be solid in a zone system, as he can block and move very well. Will lose the angle on his defender at times, allowing penetration on zone plays. Lacks great bulk to handle NFL tackles one-on-one; may be viewed as a center only by some teams.

Pulling/trapping: Very agile; gets around the center easily to trap and has the quickness to pull around the tackle. Not very consistent hitting his target on the move, however. Misses too many players coming inside-out to disrupt the play. Struggles to sustain if not immediately locking on because he bends at the waist instead of dropping his hips. Needs work on getting low on cut blocks.

Initial Quickness: More than acceptable quickness off the snap; gets his hands into a defender's jersey on run plays and is able to get into pulls and traps easily. Defensive linemen find it difficult to get a great initial push on pass rushes or in obvious run situations.

Downfield: Excellent mobility to reach the second level. Hustles to make second or third blocks, and can be downfield to help his running back off the ground. Lacks great flexibility to adjust to oncoming defenders, and will lunge at linebackers and allow them to elude or shed him at the second level.

Intangibles: Strong, confident, vocal leader for the offensive line. Won the team's Rebel Spirit Award in 2009, given to a senior who exhibited toughness, positive attitude and a strong commitment to his teammates. His durability and versatility will be valued.

Guest Gritz

Joey halloway or whatever isn't going to stop Mccoy/price...

Yeah, because it's obvious that you know so much about all of the parties involved.

We had to talk you off of the ledge Thursday night after your Sucs took McCoy.......... :lol::lol:

The guys on NFL/Sirius Radio are giving him big props. Another nasty guy that can play multiple positions.

Yea thats always a plus.

To answer one of your other questions.......

we are stockpiling linemen no doubt, I think 4 out of 5 are set ( possibly 5 depending on what happens with mcclure)

but as far as back up there are alot of questions.

We have Svitek(sp) who played fairly well, Rynolds who played OK, Ojinaka(sp) who played fairly well........ also nearly all our whole Oline are on 1 year deals even back ups.

So its going to make for some GREAT training camp battles.

Guest mashburn

Pass blocking: Quick pass set, but often lines up in a two-point stance in UNLV's spread offense. Keeps feet moving after initial contact to stay in front of defender. Strong punch, but will overextend and lose his balance. Quick feet to maintain contact throughout the play, even when defenders take advantage of space afforded them with the line's wide splits. Plays with good leverage, and rarely gets pushed back into the quarterback. Good pre-snap awareness; will point out blitzers to the center. Picks up extra rushers quite well, punching his man and recoiling to catch and hold up the linebacker. Agile enough to help out tackles on the edge, but his consistent lunging at ends in space allows them to avoid or shed him too easily.

Run blocking: Mauler inside who latches onto defenders (both inside and outside the numbers) and does not let go. Strong enough to turn his man out of the hole. Keeps feet moving after contact; capable of driving three-technique tackles into the ground through his effort to sustain the block. Willing to add himself to the pile to drive the ballcarrier forward or pull defenders off him. Should be solid in a zone system, as he can block and move very well. Will lose the angle on his defender at times, allowing penetration on zone plays. Lacks great bulk to handle NFL tackles one-on-one; may be viewed as a center only by some teams.

Pulling/trapping: Very agile; gets around the center easily to trap and has the quickness to pull around the tackle. Not very consistent hitting his target on the move, however. Misses too many players coming inside-out to disrupt the play. Struggles to sustain if not immediately locking on because he bends at the waist instead of dropping his hips. Needs work on getting low on cut blocks.

Initial Quickness: More than acceptable quickness off the snap; gets his hands into a defender's jersey on run plays and is able to get into pulls and traps easily. Defensive linemen find it difficult to get a great initial push on pass rushes or in obvious run situations.

Downfield: Excellent mobility to reach the second level. Hustles to make second or third blocks, and can be downfield to help his running back off the ground. Lacks great flexibility to adjust to oncoming defenders, and will lunge at linebackers and allow them to elude or shed him at the second level.

Intangibles: Strong, confident, vocal leader for the offensive line. Won the team's Rebel Spirit Award in 2009, given to a senior who exhibited toughness, positive attitude and a strong commitment to his teammates. His durability and versatility will be valued.

+1 thanks for letting me know who this guy is

LOL, great way to be positive. Looks like Johnson was drafted to play Center, but will play Guard this year and Hawley will be taking over for either at RG or LG next year, probably Rg or Vice Versa

Did I miss something? I have not watched press conferences from the Falcons. I didn't know or hear that Johnson was a center. Did TD say that?

Hmm Matt Tennant is still on the board.

Ryan must have bad mouth the Tennant when TD asked him about the Center :lol:

I thought the same thing. :D

Mularkey: "What do you say, Matt? Do we take him?"

Matt: "Nah. Summabeyotch used to step on my foot half of the time..."