Official 2010 Draft Thread

I'm not entirely sure that Peters or Johnson were drafted to be "rotational" players. Johnson, especially, is going to be straight groomed to take over at Center in a year or two...and the more I read about Peters the more I think we might have gotten ourselves a tremendous diamond in the rough.

I like Johnson, but don't we have the interior of the line covered with Blalock, Clabo and Dahl. I have seen nothing to suggest that Johnson can be a Center. Peters may be a diamond in the rough, but your 2nd pick of the draft wasn't the spot to go mining(unless your Rich McKay)

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I like Johnson, but don't we have the interior of the line covered with Blalock, Clabo and Dahl. I have seen nothing to suggest that Johnson can be a Center. Peters may be a diamond in the rough, but your 2nd pick of the draft wasn't the spot to go mining(unless your Rich McKay)

We ALWAYS go mining in the third. That's the thing. There was nothing out of the ordinary about it. And TD said we drafted Johnson to be a Center, so take that as you will.

I said in another post, agree or disagree with TD (and I have no issue with people disagreeing with him, unlike some others seem to) but he has a playbook and he sticks to it. Everything he's done in the draft so far has resembled his prior two.

do y'all think we ae not going for a CB? I was thinking it might be a possibility.

Dropped Hill and Houston, while only adding Robinson and a healthy Williams who is a question mark. Chevis Jackson couldn't take the job of any of last year's weak group so I'd look to upgrade him. We have 5 more picks - TE WR CB would be good spots to hit

I got yelled at in another post topic, but I believe we will select a Safety, not a CB.... I am leaning towards Rolle from Florida State in the 5th. I thinke Chevis , and Brent will work the other side, and then use Williams to fill even though he was not very flashy for us. At Safety I say DeCoud is here, and Moore is coming off of injury.....just my 2 cents..

Edited by Scott Case 25
Guest mashburn

I would love to go with TE. hernedez and dickerson.

someone who can apprenticeship under Tony. this would be a excellent move. then when tony would have to step out to breath we could throw in a good TE

It'll be real interesting to see how the Carroll experiment in Seattle works out.

They're having a good draft, and that may keep Carroll around for a couple of years, but I don't think Pete is going to buck the trend of superstar college coaches becoming great pro coaches. Carroll's last run as an NFL coach was pretty much a disaster.

Guest mashburn

I got yelled at in another post topic, but I believe we will select a Safety, not a CB.... I am leaning towards Rolle from Florida State in the 5th. I thinke Chevis , and Brent will work the other side, and then use Williams to fill even though he was very flashy for us. At Safety I say DeCoud is here, and Moore is coming off of injury.....just my 2 cents..

I like thoughs hits that the safetys fom georgia put out. they got dez bryant nailed. LOL funny as crap

We ALWAYS go mining in the third. That's the thing. There was nothing out of the ordinary about it. And TD said we drafted Johnson to be a Center, so take that as you will.

I said in another post, agree or disagree with TD (and I have no issue with people disagreeing with him, unlike some others seem to) but he has a playbook and he sticks to it. Everything he's done in the draft so far has resembled his prior two.

I don't think this was the draft to go fishing...too many good players. You're right about T.D.'s draft style, he identifies his man and goes and gets him. I'd prefer the Belichek method of jumping around and getting maximum value for each draft position, but to each his own.