Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FalconKingSupa

Official 2010 Draft Thread

1,969 posts in this topic

And fwiw, Myron Rolle was the player I most wanted the Falcons to draft this year. He's a star in life, not just in football.

A great catch with the one hand, he should fit nicely even though I would have liked Mitchell over him. Nice replacement for Finni one day though!

I was thinking mitchell as well. but mitchell had the ball put in his hands. while beir did not. if beir can catch a ball more then a arms length behind his back, imagine what he'll do when matt puts it in his hands

I was thinking mitchell as well. but mitchell had the ball put in his hands. while beir did not. if beir can catch a ball more then a arms length behind his back, imagine what he'll do when matt puts it in his hands

Yeah, he should work out well with Ryan. Can't wait to see the season get started!

One of the aspects of this draft that I find interesting is that our first and last picks played with a couple of guys currently on our team, William Moore and Kroy Biermann. This tells me a couple of things about the way Dimitroff is drafting. One is that there are systems he feels translate well to what we want to do with Missouri and Montana being a couple of them. The other is that we're not afraid to ask a player for his scouting report and opinions about a former teammate and that we trust them to be honest and informative about their (presumed) friend.

hah im sure lefevour and cutler will be GREAT friends in chicago

They're going to get buried for that pick. When you only have five selections and don't draft until #75 due to a trade for a quarterback, you simply cannot use one of those picks on a quarterback. Chicaco fans and media are going to lose it over this.

One of the aspects of this draft that I find interesting is that our first and last picks played with a couple of guys currently on our team, William Moore and Kroy Biermann. This tells me a couple of things about the way Dimitroff is drafting. One is that there are systems he feels translate well to what we want to do with Missouri and Montana being a couple of them. The other is that we're not afraid to ask a player for his scouting report and opinions about a former teammate and that we trust them to be honest and informative about their (presumed) friend.

Hadn't thought about your first point before.

As to the second, yeah, it does seem that way.

We will regret the day we did not get Hardy and a burner at receiver. Mitchell was taller and faster. We will have the same boring and predictable offense as last year.

My thoughts on the picks.

1) Spoon- good pick, but could of moved back and still drafted him. Will have an impact Day 1.

3) Peters- makes me think Jerry is not close to being healthy and Babs will be suspended. Good depth, but will only make an impact this year if I am right about Jerry and Babs.

3) Johnson- Good depth at a position of need with future upside. Will only see the field because of an injury.

4) Hawley- Good pick at a position of need with future upside. Will only see the field because of an injury.

5) Franks- More depth, potential return man with a chance of being a steal, but will only make impact on special teams this year.

5) Meier- Drafted another Jenkins and Finneran and left a big play guy (Mitchell) on the board. We still don't have the vertical threat to take advantage of White and Gonzo. I think Mitchell will have the impact that Mike Wallace had last year. Speed and size. Would not be surprised if he doesn't make the team.

6) Schillenger- Nothing more than special teams or potential cut. He will never see the field on defense. Left an edge rusher on the board with first round talent (Hardy).

In summary, I feel we drafted for depth and the future. Besides Spoon and maybe Peters, I don't think we drafted anybody to make an immediate impact. We never take any chances and our way too safe with character.

Hopefully, Sidbury and Bierman can provide that pass rush. Big gamble in my opinion, but we will see.

My thoughts, kill it or endorse it, I don't care.

I'm not sure all of our pieces are in place, yet.

We may still make some more moves.

I'm just gonna wait and see how it pans out

Also add the Oklahoma Defense -- Curtis Lofton (MLB) and Dominque Franks (CB).

Top WR available at the time. Next year we will be solid enough structurally to start working on the flash!