It has to be D at 19---here's why

I am still having a hard time forgetting all the third and longs we gave up becuase we had no pressure on the QB---I don't care how good the CB's are if your not putting pressure consistently on the QB then your playing to not lose!!!

We have to focus on our weak pass rush---we just need another end and DT if Jerry isn't coming back

I am pretty sure the Falcons are committed to bulking Jamaal up and moving him over to DT at least through the preseason.

yes, Jerry might not come back in time, from what I read Coach Smith. A knee problem of a 300lb man can be a concern, so insurance and also a rotational player will be great.

DE is a huge need, but TD, Smitty, van Gorder etc all agree we need more push from the DT spot.

OLB we can grab in the 3rd Rd and still make a contribution. There is no way we bench Peterson, even if he sucks. He's the leader of the defense, A rookie OLB will only get action rotating with him.

I am still having a hard time forgetting all the third and longs we gave up becuase we had no pressure on the QB---I don't care how good the CB's are if your not putting pressure consistently on the QB then your playing to not lose!!!

We have to focus on our weak pass rush---we just need another end and DT if Jerry isn't coming back

I am pretty sure the Falcons are committed to bulking Jamaal up and moving him over to DT at least through the preseason.

Haven't heard anything about PJ not being available and ready to go by TC? So with his

return and Beerman/Sid having more experience, I personally think our front 4 is fine.

The only wildcard would be Babs possible suspension? OL/OLB would be my pick in the 1st.

JA-98 - IMO, has no future with the Falcons.

Haven't heard anything about PJ not being available and ready to go by TC? So with his

return and Beerman/Sid having more experience, I personally think our front 4 is fine.

The only wildcard would be Babs possible suspension? OL/OLB would be my pick in the 1st.

JA-98 - IMO, has no future with the Falcons.

IMHO---if we rely on what we have for down linemen and don't address the pass rush early in the draft we are in for a long year. Grimes and Owens saved our hineys with their play after toast Houston went down and remained on the bench. We got bombed by almost every opposing QB for 300+ yards. They were converting 3rd downs almost at will with all the itme in the world (so it seemed)

Edited by Nono

IMHO---if we rely on what we have for down linemen and don't address the pass rush early in the draft we are in for a long year. Grimes and Owens saved our hineys with their play after toast Houston went down and remained on the bench. We got bombed by almost every opposing QB for 300+ yards. They were converting 3rd downs almost at will with all the itme in the world (so it seemed)

These are the very same things that stick out in my mind, so I agree with you 100%.

I just don't see a DE taken in the 1st. With PJ's return (crosses fingers), giving us

a better inside push. and the emerging talent (Sid/Beerman) that TD has

amassed, just don't see it. Now if I was forced to go D in the 1st, i would focus

on a WLB, gotta improve on our underneath coverage. Just my .02 cents worth.

I agree with you. Jerry got hurt and that means that hes prone to get hurt again. (TRAGIC) Thats why i believe that the Falcons will take Brandon Graham at the number 19 pick

I agree. I was just thinking the same things. When Jerry went down last year it was like the pass rush disappeared.