NFL schedule release today @ 7pm ET

I'm looking forward to see the schedule release....I think the NFL decided to have only divisional games in Week 17? didn't they....it would be awesome to play NO in Week 17 @ home...and have the division up for grabs...I think the dome would be rocking!!!

Yea, Schefter confirmed the week 17 being all division games. I like it too.

I'm excited, I can map out what games I'll be able to attend, etc. I know we won't get the opener though.

I'm excited!! Now I can figure out which games I'm going to try to go to. Living in Oklahoma makes it alittle more difficult to go see the games live. Last year I went to the Dallas/ Atlanta game and the season before I went to the Denver/Atlanta game ( have a friend who is a huge Broncos fan so we went together). Atleast I have the NFL Sunday ticket for the rest of the games.

Honestly I'm in the "don't care" category since I am not able to attend games. My only concern is that we don't get screwed over by that bye week nonsense two years in a row. I'm not one of those guys who thinks it's a crime when Atlanta is looked over for Sunday Night and Monday Night games -- if I were a player I'd much rather play on Sunday afternoons.

Besides, we're going 16-0 anyway! :D

I'm excited!! Now I can figure out which games I'm going to try to go to. Living in Oklahoma makes it alittle more difficult to go see the games live. Last year I went to the Dallas/ Atlanta game and the season before I went to the Denver/Atlanta game ( have a friend who is a huge Broncos fan so we went together). Atleast I have the NFL Sunday ticket for the rest of the games.

Same here..I'm a doc student at OSU...I went to the Dallas game last year too.....I still get season tickets, just let my family and friends buy them from me for whatever games they can go to...

I usually do the BWWs thing to watch the games instead of buy Sunday ticket...there about 6-7 of us that go up there, so we have one of the larger contingents that are not Cowboy fans

would rather watch the hawks beat down the bucks. They should of released it at noon.

Agreed - doesn't the NFL already have enough primetime events this week?

I'll follow it online though - the details will probably be out there somewhere anyway even before the announcement is made on TV.

Plus, what are the chances that they actually spend any time talking about the Falcons in those release shows?

Agreed - doesn't the NFL already have enough primetime events this week?

I'll follow it online though - the details will probably be out there somewhere anyway even before the announcement is made on TV.

Plus, what are the chances that they actually spend any time talking about the Falcons in those release shows?

Agree with this last point...The Dirty Birds never get any love fomr ESPN....maybe we can surprise some folks this year...(SB?)

I'm hoping we get a Monday night, and a Sunday which I believe we will. I hope we play the Eagles and Steelers within the first 4 weeks of the season because the earlier we play Philly the more likely we are that Kolb will experience "growing pains" and turn the ball over, and hopefully we will get to play the Steelers with no Big Ben. I hope we get a bye week around week 8 and I hope the Saints have to play a ton of teams coming of their bye weeks this year. I'm excited to see how everything pans out. All in all its a great week for sports! Hawks in the playoffs, Braves vs. Phillies, NFL schedule released, and of course the Draft!

While a couple of last week division games may matter, usually the divisions are locked up by then, making that game not matter. I'd rather see us play the Saints in weeks 14-15 when it still matters, not the last week. I think they should AVOID last week divisional games for this reason. I mean, who wants to see us play TB in week 17 when we are already locked up as the #1 seed and are just sitting all our starters. :P

While a couple of last week division games may matter, usually the divisions are locked up by then, making that game not matter. I'd rather see us play the Saints in weeks 14-15 when it still matters, not the last week. I think they should AVOID last week divisional games for this reason. I mean, who wants to see us play TB in week 17 when we are already locked up as the #1 seed and are just sitting all our starters. :P

Feel you my man and it would be nice to see my Boi, John Parker get his 1st NFL

start ;)

Edited by vabchbirdlover

True, it is rare. However, you have the rare occassion where the division isn't locked up in the last week as well as the opportunity for a division rival to try and keep another team from locking it up/getting into the playoffs etc.

Watch we will have a week 2 bye week and all of our road games will be playing against teams coming off their bye week and we will have 4 road games in a row.

The teams we play looks fine this year and it looks to be an easier schedule I just freaking hope we aren't screwed with early bye week and playing to many teams off their bye week and no mid season huge road stretch like last year.

Last year's schedule would have screwed with even the best teams in the NFL.