IF WE LOOKED AT BOLDIN HOW COULD TD PASS ON HOLMES FOR A 5TH

I'm not so sure it's the receiver that is the MAIN problem

What is the knock on the Colts -- bad O-line

Look at their receptions

1. WR1 Wayne 100

2. TE Clark 100

3. WR2 Collie 60

A drop off of 40 between the #1 & #3 receiver.

Now look at the Falcons

1. WR1 White 85

2. TE Gonzo 83

3. WR2 Jenkins 50

A drop off of 35 between the #1 & #3 receiver

similar results, maybe similar problem?? O-Line maybe?

Edited by delaigle

Don't know that the Falcons had any serious interest in Boldin. Only reports I've seen about that come from the Boldin camp, who may have just been using the old- "there's another team interested ploy" to drive up the price.

People forget that a lot of that is just "smoke-screens" to make a player seem more desirable. People forget about posturing and trying to get more than what the player is worth. And from my understanding, the Rooney's wanted to flat out release Holmes. They were happy to get rid of him, hence the 5th round pick...

To me the 4 game suspension is a big deal.

I think we take for granted how short an NFL season is. A 4 game suspension is 25% of the season and then when you add in a new playbook and one or two games of rust...

It's a fairly significant risk.

And as far as the Jets go.... if Sanchez comes out and has a sophmore slump, (which is entirely possible), then this trade will end up looking like a bad move.

Holmes also said that he wanted to play in a large market (read: "New York City") and he's in the last year of his contract. He has just enough baggage and dynamite to blow up our locker room on his way out. Of course, we could tag him and get a 1st rounder next year for a 5th rounder this season if somebody was dumb enough to do it.

Look at their receptions

1. WR1 Wayne 100

2. TE Clark 100

3. WR2 Collie 60

Now look at the Falcons

1. WR1 White 85

2. TE Gonzo 83

3. WR2 Jenkins 50

Jenkins had some drops at bad times, leading to folks here wanting to see him go. Jenkins has, in the past, also produced some big catches, so I do want to give him a chance to bounce back.

Plus lets face it...there is only one ball to go around. Typically there are 60 to 70 offensive plays in a game. Say Turner gets his 20 (when we win its more), Norwood 8, Snelling/Mughelli 4, thats half our plays right there. Ryan has a good day when he completes 66 percent of his passes, roughly 6 out of ten. Thats about oh, 18 catches in a game. White gets 6 to 8 of those, so does Gonzalex. Call it 14 catches just for those two. Theres only 4 to 6 catches left for our #2 WR and the slot guy. Do we really need an elite receiver for 4 or 5 catches a game? No we need a possession guy, which is what Jenkins is.

Not saying if a really good WR comes along we shouldnt get him, but only if he can help our team without ignoring other areas. We need to use our draft picks to work on our lines and OLB, so we can field the best team we can.

That was a rock bottom price, but that was the highest they got for him. They called all 31 teams, and the best they could get was a 5th round for him. There's a reason for the bottom price.

and that reason is his expiring contract. hes not a super star. had he not got in trouble i dont see him fetching more than a 3rd, especially the way draft picks are so overvalued when comparing them with vets.

the jets are becoming a team i hate, they are doing what the cowboys did that ruined their chemistry, signing every "iconic" player they can, they signed LT, cromartie, now holmes.... IMO the three of them will be a disapointment.... tomlinson is just not the same anymore, cromartie will play good but he will start to play poorly when he sees his team is not winning and holmes has never been that good imo not to mention he will be out four games and need to work chemistry with a 2nd year qb who LOVES to throw picks haha stupid jets i cant wait to see the face in rex ryan's face when they dont get to the playoffs hahahaha

P.S. Sorry falconmama im just speaking my mind

id rather have shon greene and lt behind their oline over turner and snelling/or norwood behind our line ANY DAY. i agree holmes isnt a stud but i thought that was common knowledge. 1 great super bowl catch doesnt make you a star, and cromartie isnt any worse than robinson.

Look at their receptions

1. WR1 Wayne 100

2. TE Clark 100

3. WR2 Collie 60

Now look at the Falcons

1. WR1 White 85

2. TE Gonzo 83

3. WR2 Jenkins 50

what you should be pointing out is that austin collie is a rookie and caught more balls than junkins, a "veteran"

Jenkins had some drops at bad times, leading to folks here wanting to see him go. Jenkins has, in the past, also produced some big catches, so I do want to give him a chance to bounce back.

Plus lets face it...there is only one ball to go around. Typically there are 60 to 70 offensive plays in a game. Say Turner gets his 20 (when we win its more), Norwood 8, Snelling/Mughelli 4, thats half our plays right there. Ryan has a good day when he completes 66 percent of his passes, roughly 6 out of ten. Thats about oh, 18 catches in a game. White gets 6 to 8 of those, so does Gonzalex. Call it 14 catches just for those two. Theres only 4 to 6 catches left for our #2 WR and the slot guy. Do we really need an elite receiver for 4 or 5 catches a game? No we need a possession guy, which is what Jenkins is.

Not saying if a really good WR comes along we shouldnt get him, but only if he can help our team without ignoring other areas. We need to use our draft picks to work on our lines and OLB, so we can field the best team we can.

Jenkins isn't horrible, he just can't consistently beat man coverage, or catch the ball when he's covered (like a TE). I agree with your theory, but the numbers are a bit off.

Say it's 70 offensive plays. Say we want to pass 55% of the time (becoming standard.) That's 37 passes. Say 66% completion (as you did). That's 25 completions. 6 go to Roddy (96/yr). 5 go to Gonzales (80/yr). That leaves 14 passes...more than Roddy and Gonzales combined, that need to be accounted for. Now if we assume fewer offensive plays, the numbers change a little, but basically, we need our 2 receiver, 3 receiver, RB etc. to combine to produce what our 1 receiver and TE do. We actually need the receivers to step up more because this is TG's last year, and you don't want a huge void there...you want the team to transition to that.

Jenkins would be a good 4, if we bring in a real 2. It would make a radical difference, because the playaction pass would leave single coverage on our 2 receiver, and a good 2 will exploit that, making the defense adjust, and opening up holes in the run game for Turner.

Receiver is a pretty important position for us right now...we don't need an amazing guy, but we need a quality starter who consistently beats man coverage or catches when covered (think Muhsin Muhammad in his prime...not amazing, but very very dependable.)

Stop making sense. We need to go after every player that's had a Sportscenter highlight that doesn't already play for us and you know it.

we dont need character upgrades so whats your point? he didnt molest a child or kill your grandmother. lets get real here.

Yep. All he's ever done is sell dope, smoke weed, and abuse women. As long as it's not killing pit-bulls, child molestation or grand-matricide, we should be willing to take anybody on this team.

I mean, we all mess up from time to time.

we dont need character upgrades so whats your point? he didnt molest a child or kill your grandmother. lets get real here.

no, but he did fail a drug test while on probation with the league, hence the four game suspension. One more failed drug test, he's gone for a year. You wanna bet that's going to happen? I agree smoking weed isn't the worst thing in the world [ assuming its not PEDs], but missing that much time is.

Story is the steelers were going to release him whether or not they got a trade worked out for him