IF WE LOOKED AT BOLDIN HOW COULD TD PASS ON HOLMES FOR A 5TH

If we looked at Boldin clearly TD is looking to upgrade and find a true #2 WR. We all know Holmes has off field issues but I really believe with our organization and the people we have Holmes would have flourished here. Holmes for a 5th heck even a 4th would have been great for us and I can only imagine Ryan throwing to White, Holmes and Douglas.

For the people who think Douglas can be our #2 I don't see it he is so like Welker and a perfect #3 slot type receiver. But wow would I have loved to see Holmes in a Falcon's uniform.

Holmes for a 5th wow just wow.

Still in TD we trust.

Edited by Xfactor

If we looked at Boldin clearly TD is looking to upgrade and find a true #2 WR. We all know Holmes has off field issues but I really believe with our organization and the people we have Holmes would have flourished here. Holmes for a 5th heck even a 4th would have been great for us and I can only imagine Ryan throwing to White, Holmes and Douglas.

For the people who think Douglas can be our #2 I don't see it he is so like Welker and a perfect #3 slot type receiver. But wow would I have loved to see Holmes in a Falcon's uniform.

Holmes for a 5th wow just wow.

Still in TD we trust.

Welker is the #2 WR in New England. Just because he is a great slot WR doesn't mean he can't be a #2. You don't have to be a #3 WR to line up in the slot.

The key here is if he can stay healthy if he can I know he is better than Jenkins and imo can be a legit #2 WR

BS. He hasn't done anything to back up this claim. If he can't stay healthy, he can't catch the ball and even when he catches the ball, Jenkins has a better per catch average and has averaged nearly as many catches per season (51) in the last three years as Robinson has caught total (55). Robinson is, was, and probably will ever be a bust.

You take enough risk with any NFL player an injury and he's lost for the season and the $ you invested with him.

So why take all that regular risk PLUS a chance he will self-inflict more lost games due to

1. Repeated substance abuse (you don't get 4 game suspension for a 1st offense)

2. Hanging out in clubs with people who think it's cool to hurl full drinks at women's faces.

2a. Do you really believe that guy that claimed it did that or is 'taking one for the team'

3 Do you think the Jets make that trade 24 hours later AFTER the suspension?

I, personally, would rather trade for Marshall...the guy is simply looking for a winner.

After his clowning last season (not hustling during practice, kicking the ball away from the ball boy, not wanting to practice during the last week of the season) and his off-field issues (domestic abuse accusations, aggravating the banger that shot Darrent Williams, Marshall would clog up the Falcons Filter beyond repair.

I suspect like others it's the 'character' thing. I have little doubt that TD was interested and went to Mr. Blank and that's where it ended. AB is so gunshy after believing in Vick that he'll never agree to another player with even a hint of bad behavior in him.

I suspect like others it's the 'character' thing. I have little doubt that TD was interested and went to Mr. Blank and that's where it ended. AB is so gunshy after believing in Vick that he'll never agree to another player with even a hint of bad behavior in him.

Which is why I dont think Babs is long for this team. I dont think its far fetched to think we will draft a DT in the first round of this draft.

Honestly, most cities aren't as bad for getting into trouble as Atlanta is. I mean, players from other cities' teams come to Atlanta and have murder or rape charges filed against them... if Holmes couldn't get his act together playing in Pittsburgh, if he buys a house in Atlanta, it's only going to be worse.

Honestly, most cities aren't as bad for getting into trouble as Atlanta is. I mean, players from other cities' teams come to Atlanta and have murder or rape charges filed against them... if Holmes couldn't get his act together playing in Pittsburgh, if he buys a house in Atlanta, it's only going to be worse.

and New York City is a nice city to NOT get in trouble in?

the jets are becoming a team i hate, they are doing what the cowboys did that ruined their chemistry, signing every "iconic" player they can, they signed LT, cromartie, now holmes.... IMO the three of them will be a disapointment.... tomlinson is just not the same anymore, cromartie will play good but he will start to play poorly when he sees his team is not winning and holmes has never been that good imo not to mention he will be out four games and need to work chemistry with a 2nd year qb who LOVES to throw picks haha stupid jets i cant wait to see the face in rex ryan's face when they dont get to the playoffs hahahaha

P.S. Sorry falconmama im just speaking my mind

Don't forget about Braylon.

Anyway... even after the Holmes pickup, the Jets WR I'd most like to see in a Falcons uni is Cotchery. Good hands. Gets YAC. Blocks. Locker room guy. He's a perfect fit for us (or any good team, really) and has been much more productive and consistent than Holmes has over the years. But because he's so underrated (i.e., cheap) the Jets have absolutely no reason to trade him.