App State’s Edwards visited Falcons

Pudge on April 10, 2010 — Leave a Comment

Scout.com’s Chris Steuber reports that Appalachian State quarterback Armanti Edwards has already visited with the Falcons.

Edwards was a highly mobile and productive playmaker in four years at Appalachian State. He was the Football Championship Subdivision’s (formerly Division I-AA) first two-time Walter Payton Award winner, given to that division’s top player. For his career, he completed 65% of his passes for over 10,000 passing yards, 74 touchdowns, and also rushed for nearly 5,000 rushing yards and had 56 touchdowns.

His small build (5′10″ 187) and natural athleticism have many teams wondering if he can convert to the wide receiver position. He clocked a 4.41 40 time at his pro day in March.

Player Ratings

Position Overall Pos. Rank Proj. Round 5th

WR 162 20

Complete 2010 Rati

Latest News

03/23/2010 - PRO DAY RESULTS: Last year it was West Virginia QB Pat White who was all the rage leading up to the draft due to his versatile skills and ability to run the Wildcat formation. This year, it's Appalachian State QB Armanti Edwards who brings similar talents to the table. Edwards, who led the Mountaineers to a national title in his freshman year, truly burst onto the national scene as a sophomore in 2007 when he led Appalachian State to a historic upset of host Michigan. He has continued to develop since then, and now finds himself a potential mid-round pick in the 2010 NFL Draft. He's going to be one of those guys that will give defensive coordinators gray hairs trying to defend him, and he showed why with an exceptional workout at Appalachian State's pro day on March 16. Ravens receivers coach Jim Hostler and Eagles QB coach James Urban were on hand to watch Edwards and five other players work out indoors on FieldTurf. Edwards (5-foot-11, 192 pounds) ran the 40-yard dash in 4.44 and 4.41 seconds, had a 34 1/2-inch vertical jump, a 10-foot, 3-inch broad jump, a 4.19-second short shuttle, a 6.74-second three-cone drill and did 13 bench press repetitions at 225 pounds. He also did position drills as both a quarterback and receiver. - Gil Brandt, NFL.com

Player Ratings

Position Overall Pos. Rank Proj. Round 5th

WR 162 20

Complete 2010 Rati

Latest News

03/23/2010 - PRO DAY RESULTS: Last year it was West Virginia QB Pat White who was all the rage leading up to the draft due to his versatile skills and ability to run the Wildcat formation. This year, it's Appalachian State QB Armanti Edwards who brings similar talents to the table. Edwards, who led the Mountaineers to a national title in his freshman year, truly burst onto the national scene as a sophomore in 2007 when he led Appalachian State to a historic upset of host Michigan. He has continued to develop since then, and now finds himself a potential mid-round pick in the 2010 NFL Draft. He's going to be one of those guys that will give defensive coordinators gray hairs trying to defend him, and he showed why with an exceptional workout at Appalachian State's pro day on March 16. Ravens receivers coach Jim Hostler and Eagles QB coach James Urban were on hand to watch Edwards and five other players work out indoors on FieldTurf. Edwards (5-foot-11, 192 pounds) ran the 40-yard dash in 4.44 and 4.41 seconds, had a 34 1/2-inch vertical jump, a 10-foot, 3-inch broad jump, a 4.19-second short shuttle, a 6.74-second three-cone drill and did 13 bench press repetitions at 225 pounds. He also did position drills as both a quarterback and receiver. - Gil Brandt, NFL.com

[/quot

He could really be helpful to somebody. Hope he does well

Man it has been awhile since I thought about Settle. Good back and went to the Pro Bowl for us once. Thanks for bringing that up Gazoo.

I was snow skiing at Sugar Mountain in Boone NC that same year and met John Settle at a party one night. I was introduced to him without recognizing him at first and recall telling him "Dude, you are absolutely tearing it up for us this year".

I was also introduced to this hottie co-ed mountain gal and.......well, this is a football forum :)

The great thing about App State is that it's Hot Hot Hot even when it's Cold Cold Cold.

DIAF, thou shalt NOT bring up that video, ever again.

despite its meme status, that video really was a joke made a LONG time ago. However all ASU alumni have had to suffer for it.

back on topic, like the poster above said - Armanti has amazing arm strength for his size. I've seen him gun it 60 yards downfield while on the run. Impressive? yep

Guest Gritz

Our own Slash?

I like it......Let's take care of our biggest needs first, and then if Edwards is there I'd do it....

Gaz...good call on Settle, he was more than decent for us.......

Watched them come to Paulson Stadium a few years back. I don't know what the scouts say, but for me, I was surprised at how accurate Edwards was considering his division level. Its real fustrating to watch a QB take of for the flats and toss it just before he crosses the LOS for a first down. :P. He has hella wildcat potential.

Don't forget what he did to Michigan as well.

Edited by atl falcon 89