Falcons to hold second workout with Weatherspoon

http://draft.falcfans.com/?p=383

Pudge on March 29, 2010

Sean Weatherspoon

Ed Thompson of Scout.com reports that Missouri linebacker Sean Weatherspoon has another meeting set with the Falcons, scheduled for April 7. The Falcons already conducted an on-campus workout with Weatherspoon on March 17.

Although not specified in Thompson’s report, it appears likely that this second workout will be conducted in Atlanta and likely will be more in-depth than the previous meeting.

I know let the hate begin! I expect at least 4 negatives behind this one!

Pudge on March 29, 2010

Sean Weatherspoon

Ed Thompson of Scout.com reports that Missouri linebacker Sean Weatherspoon has another meeting set with the Falcons, scheduled for April 7. The Falcons already conducted an on-campus workout with Weatherspoon on March 17.

Although not specified in Thompson’s report, it appears likely that this second workout will be conducted in Atlanta and likely will be more in-depth than the previous meeting.

I think he's definitely one of the four or five guys they're considering. I'd be surprised if they don't work out Weatherspoon, 1 or 2 DTs, 1 or 2 OL, and 1 or 2 miscellaneous players in depth, for our first.

I think he's definitely one of the four or five guys they're considering. I'd be surprised if they don't work out Weatherspoon, 1 or 2 DTs, 1 or 2 OL, and 1 or 2 miscellaneous players in depth, for our first.

you're forgetting to add the few DE's that they have brought in. DE is a need in Atlanta and the Front office views it as a bigger need than DT. I honestly doubt that they view DT as a need.

As exciting of a prospect WItherspoon may be, it's looking more and more likely that he will be gone by 19. A lot of people are saying that scouts have him ranked much higher than people think. I think McClain and 'Spoon will both be gone by 19. Sergio Kindle is a more realistic prospect, and in my opinion, a better fit for our needs as he could play DE or OLB, similar to what Brian Orakpo (who is almost identical to Kindle) did in Washington's 4-3 last year.

you're forgetting to add the few DE's that they have brought in. DE is a need in Atlanta and the Front office views it as a bigger need than DT. I honestly doubt that they view DT as a need.

DT is definitely not a first round need. If Jerry is healthy (crosses fingers) DT will be one of our deepest positions next year.

I think the two Weatherspoon workouts are indeed a smokescreen. That is how this front office works. We all thought we would be taking Dorsey two years ago, and who really saw Jerry being drafted last year? TD and Smitty love to keep a low profile on who they will actually draft. I would really be surprised to see our first pick go to Spoon. Honestly, I think and hope we will trade down.

Edited by Andersen Fan

DT is definitely not a first round need. If Jerry is healthy (crosses fingers) DT will be one of our deepest positions next year.

I think the two Weatherspoon workouts are indeed a smokescreen. That is how this front office works. We all thought we would be taking Dorsey two years ago, and who really saw Jerry being drafted last year? TD and Smitty love to keep a low profile on who they will actually draft. I would really be surprised to see our first pick go to Spoon. Honestly, I think and hope we will trade down.

I heard of denial but this is a little extreme!

Who is this Pudge from FalcFans a few select people keep quoting? Is it the FalcFans version of the Bleacher Report? I am curious.

Pudge on March 29, 2010 — Leave a Comment

Sean Weatherspoon

Sean Weatherspoon

fyi :D +1 for being brave :)

I wonder if the smoke and mirrors has already worked with the experts and 75% of this board thinking we are drafting a DE in the 1st? just my thoughts.

Edited by falcon057

Pudge on March 29, 2010

Sean Weatherspoon

No negatives from me on this news

+1!

Pudge on March 29, 2010 — Leave a Comment

Sean Weatherspoon

Sean Weatherspoon

fyi :D +1 for being brave :)

I wonder if the smoke and mirrors has already worked with the experts and 75% of this board thinking we are drafting a DE in the 1st? just my thoughts.

Thanks. I completely missed that. I wasn't doubting necessarily that Weatherspoon was working out again as much as I was curious why I am seeing the name Pudge more than any other name all of a sudden. Perhaps things are a little slow over in FalcFan land. Sometimes I find it funny that certain posters on here post the same names at Bleacher Report. It's as if they are pretending they personally didn't write it.

Defensive tackle was the one position that was not filled from the draft where we acquired Matt Ryan, we took care of that last year by getting Peria Jerry. It would only make sense that the one position of need left over from that draft would be the target for the start of this years draft.

I really think Weatherpoon would flourish here.

I want Weatherspoon, Graham, Pouncey in that order.

If none of them are there I want to trade down.

Morgan, Hughes and Graham

We attended Morgan and Hughes pro days and have not looked at graham since the combine he rescheduled his pro day to nurse a bad hamstring spoon is the only one first to receive a private workout in atl

I don't know about that there where way more post about matty ice than dorsey and obviously TD made the right choice there

I know that TD is known to be discreet when it comes to the draft and likes to keep things hush, hush, but The more I see that we are giving him workouts the more I do start to think that this could be a smokescreen because either IMO how many times do you need to work out a prospect, maybe the 1st two workouts didnt go quite as well or maybe we still have some question marks about spoon.

I am not saying this because I want a DE because if we bought in a DE this much i would say the same thing too.

I know that TD is known to be discreet when it comes to the draft and likes to keep things hush, hush, but The more I see that we are giving him workouts the more I do start to think that this could be a smokescreen because either IMO how many times do you need to work out a prospect, maybe the 1st two workouts didnt go quite as well or maybe we still have some question marks about spoon.

I am not saying this because I want a DE because if we bought in a DE this much i would say the same thing too.

That's a lot of smoke in that screen!