Grimes issue

Thanks for proving my point he has only been "IN THE LEAGUE" FOR THREE YEARS DOH.

OK LETS TRY THIS.

"but too small and unable to be physical off the line against the big WR's in the NFL"

"When he starts he gets burnt and shows very poor tackling"

IF YOU WERE NOT PUTTING HIM DOWN HE SURE DOESN'T NEED YOU AS A FAN.

:lol::lol: OK I'll bite just what is it that happens on the field that doesn't result in a stat of so kind. Poor tackling skills

Owens started 6 games and had 29 total tackles

Grimes started 8 games and had 66 total tackles

Lets see that is 33 more tackles more for two games or 18.5 tackles per game for the two extra games which I doubt happened so somehow them stats you think don't prove much say he can tackle. He had 6 ints (seven if you count the one from the bad call) Owens had 2 oops there go them STATS again.OH and 6 ints look good on paper and on the Field.

You said he "was a great coverage guy with great athletics." See I thought That's was what CB did. sure if its a run play the have to tackle but just look about and you will see he can tackle.

He is 5"10" Owens is 5"9" and before you try and say other wise, my wife stood next to them both getting autographs at camp she is 5"9" and was same height as Owens slightly smaller then Grimes.

But again I have given you lots of reason to start Grimes , PLEASE show me some reason to start Owens.. Oh wait that's one of them "what is happening on the field that isnt statistical" things HUH. Guess you forgot that Owens was not starting a lot because we kept putting in Houston HUH if he could not beat out Houston how good can he be.

Wow buddy calm yourself down, Grimes had been in the league 4 years and if you say why couldnt Owens beat out Houston, than whats Grimes excuse? I said I like Grimes and your taking what I said like I was bad-mouthing your mom. Grimes had way more playing time than Owens last year so that explains the differance in tackles, and Grimes has had 4 years to be a starter and couldnt keep the job, I simply stated IMO why I thought he wasnt starting material. Why the sudden attack dude? If your that much of a Grimes lover, thats okay, I have no problem with that, I like the guy too, but he isnt a starter.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You realize that this coaching staff historically has never been one to throw new CBs out onto the field until they have experience and a full grasp of the system? That was a weak attempt to knock Owens, and you have serious Owens hate going. You sound like FFS1970 back in 2007 with Jamaal Anderson, minus the nicknames.

Owens was pretty good down the stretch, regardless of your obsession with "Brandon Marshall" burning him in the Jets game. :rolleyes:

Really historically They have been here tow years how does anyone do anything historical in only two years :blink: :wacko:

Learn to read. I like Owens just refuse to make him all the great just yet.

Wow buddy calm yourself down, Grimes had been in the league 4 years and if you say why couldnt Owens beat out Houston, than whats Grimes excuse? I said I like Grimes and your taking what I said like I was bad-mouthing your mom. Grimes had way more playing time than Owens last year so that explains the differance in tackles, and Grimes has had 4 years to be a starter and couldnt keep the job, I simply stated IMO why I thought he wasnt starting material. Why the sudden attack dude? If your that much of a Grimes lover, thats okay, I have no problem with that, I like the guy too, but he isnt a starter.

Ok lets try this one more time this is straight from Falcons site.

Originally signed as a rookie free agent by the Atlanta Falcons on May 16, 2006.

Re-signed by the Falcons on January 10, 2007 and was allocated to the Amsterdam Admirals of NFL Europe.

Signed to the Falcons practice squad following training camp. Was activated to the 53-man roster on October 29, but was waived and signed back to the practice squad on November 6.

Elevated to Atlanta’s 53-man roster on December 17, 2007.

How has he had 4 years to be a starter when he was only on 53 man roster for 2 games in 2007 and all 2008 that just don't add up to 4 years to try being a starter sorry.

And I said

""but too small and unable to be physical off the line against the big WR's in the NFL"

IF YOU WERE NOT PUTTING HIM DOWN HE SURE DOESN'T NEED YOU AS A FAN." Sorry but just don't call the statements you made about him liking him. Really see I can't fine anywhere how much playing time one or the other has other then Grimes started 8 games and Owens 6. Now unless you have the total minutes & seconds they both played you can't say one has more playing time then the other beyond the two games. So again we go back to the Stats which just don't support you argument.

I like both player equally but get sick and tired of poster trying to make Owens the next Darrelle Revis when he has a LONG way to go.

You might be right but he his more of a starter at this point the Owens his.

Oh and Please don't bad mouth my mother she is passed and has nothing to do with anything.

You realize that this coaching staff historically has never been one to throw new CBs out onto the field until they have experience and a full grasp of the system? That was a weak attempt to knock Owens, and you have serious Owens hate going. You sound like FFS1970 back in 2007 with Jamaal Anderson, minus the nicknames.

Owens was pretty good down the stretch, regardless of your obsession with "Brandon Marshall" burning him in the Jets game. :rolleyes:

yea but grimes also got better as well, so that just proves he needs experiecnce

Really historically They have been here tow years how does anyone do anything historical in only two years :blink: :wacko:

Brought in Foxworth - Wouldn't try him until midseason

Brought in Tye Hill - Wouldn't try him until midseason

Chris Owens - Drafted in 3rd round, wouldn't try him until midseason.

The only exception has been Brian Williams, who had experience in Smith's system. No need to get into a massive case of butt hurt over the terminology used; and you sound a lot like FFS1970 whenever you get off on your, "Chris Owens got burnt by Brandon Marshall(lol) in the Jets game" rant.

Ok lets try this one more time this is straight from Falcons site.

Originally signed as a rookie free agent by the Atlanta Falcons on May 16, 2006.

Re-signed by the Falcons on January 10, 2007 and was allocated to the Amsterdam Admirals of NFL Europe.

Signed to the Falcons practice squad following training camp. Was activated to the 53-man roster on October 29, but was waived and signed back to the practice squad on November 6.

Elevated to Atlanta’s 53-man roster on December 17, 2007.

How has he had 4 years to be a starter when he was only on 53 man roster for 2 games in 2007 and all 2008 that just don't add up to 4 years to try being a starter sorry.

And I said

""but too small and unable to be physical off the line against the big WR's in the NFL"

IF YOU WERE NOT PUTTING HIM DOWN HE SURE DOESN'T NEED YOU AS A FAN." Sorry but just don't call the statements you made about him liking him. Really see I can't fine anywhere how much playing time one or the other has other then Grimes started 8 games and Owens 6. Now unless you have the total minutes & seconds they both played you can't say one has more playing time then the other beyond the two games. So again we go back to the Stats which just don't support you argument.

I like both player equally but get sick and tired of poster trying to make Owens the next Darrelle Revis when he has a LONG way to go.

You might be right but he his more of a starter at this point the Owens his.

Oh and Please don't bad mouth my mother she is passed and has nothing to do with anything.

Do you know how to raed and understand what was printed there bud!!!! I wasnt insulting your mom, I stated your actig like I was bad-mouthing your mom. AS for the Owens being the next D.Revis bit, I never once mentioned them in the same sentence, I said Owens has a big upside and is ahead of the game curve compared to Grimes at this point in their careers. I never insulted Grimes and you act like I was out to bash the guy, you need to stop creating crap and just take as an "IMO" statement. What do you go from site to site and type up how mad you are for guys giving on-field opinions of players you like. I also stated I liked Grimes numerous times, and that certain aspects of his game are weak, so that puts him at a coverage guy in nickel or dime packages and you all of a sudden act like I was trying to insult him in some way. I simply talked about his game play and thats all, so if you have a beef with him not being a starter maybe go yell at Smith and BVG for not starting him, cuase he's a really swell guy. Lay off and tajke for what it is, the guy has had time to develop and hasnt succeeded as a starter, cause if he had he would be, and the Falcons wouldnt be trying to get guys in here to start.

Do you know how to raed and understand what was printed there bud!!!! I wasnt insulting your mom, I stated your actig like I was bad-mouthing your mom. AS for the Owens being the next D.Revis bit, I never once mentioned them in the same sentence, I said Owens has a big upside and is ahead of the game curve compared to Grimes at this point in their careers. I never insulted Grimes and you act like I was out to bash the guy, you need to stop creating crap and just take as an "IMO" statement. What do you go from site to site and type up how mad you are for guys giving on-field opinions of players you like. I also stated I liked Grimes numerous times, and that certain aspects of his game are weak, so that puts him at a coverage guy in nickel or dime packages and you all of a sudden act like I was trying to insult him in some way. I simply talked about his game play and thats all, so if you have a beef with him not being a starter maybe go yell at Smith and BVG for not starting him, cuase he's a really swell guy. Lay off and tajke for what it is, the guy has had time to develop and hasnt succeeded as a starter, cause if he had he would be, and the Falcons wouldnt be trying to get guys in here to start.

:lol::lol: Do I know how to read talk about the pot calling the kettle. Never said you bad mouth my mom said please don't, as in if you were going to DOH. Again never said you said anything about Owens being the next D.Revis. Learn reading comprehension.

You have said that Grimes has weak points to his game, yet he played lots better the Owens last year and you said nothing but good thing about Owens. See I like both players equally and think they both have upsides to help the team. Guess we will see after camp who gets what.

Edited by falcons faithful

I'd rather he not start,but he'll be an excellent nickel and spot starter.But if he continues to improve,who knows.The kid's got grit.That leaping pick and the one in the EZ still stick in my mind.Grimey's the man! B)

K now I would like to see how many of you really want to see Grimes start next year

He played well the last few games,but im not comfortable with him as an everygame starter. With that being said I believe Owens will out right take the job in training camp. I know Grimes is athletic and everything but i cant get the image of Mushin Muhammad abusing him out of my head -he needs to bulk up some.

I'd rather he not start,but he'll be an excellent nickel and spot starter.But if he continues to improve,who knows.The kid's got grit.That leaping pick and the one in the EZ still stick in my mind.Grimey's the man! B)

Okay he has a nice vertical as well but that doesnt help much after the catch when it Grimes on an island trying to tackle a 6'4 220 lb receiver.