Compensatory Picks Announced

ukfalc

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why not get excited. You never know what you are going to get in the draft. I don't think it is all that crazy for fans to be excited about getting 2 extra picks...just sayin.

Hard to get excited. Especially about a 3rd and 5th. I do welcome the extra picks though. TD needs to rise up and score for me to get excited. The NFL draft is about like the PowerBall and the Las Vegas slots. Hard to nail a winner.

WIth that said it can be done. Just get it done TD. Use your gut and your scouts, plus the top 10 message boarders. LOL.

Guest Gritz

Hard to get excited. Especially about a 3rd and 5th. I do welcome the extra picks though. TD needs to rise up and score for me to get excited. The NFL draft is about like the PowerBall and the Las Vegas slots. Hard to nail a winner.

WIth that said it can be done. Just get it done TD. Use your gut and your scouts, plus the top 10 message boarders. LOL.

That 3rd a couple of years ago was Thomas DeCoud.

As much as you might not want to believe it Dimitroff has a good plan for building this team. Precisely because of the way he is putting this roster together we are going to be solid for many years to come.

We'll somehow muddle through without your "excitement."

where you been bud :unsure:

That 3rd a couple of years ago was Thomas DeCoud.As much as you might not want to believe it Dimitroff has a good plan for building this team. Precisely because of the way he is putting this roster together we are going to be solid for many years to come.We'll somehow muddle through without your "excitement."

I'm trying to beat Aints and go to a Bowl in 2010 bro. You good people are building for a season many of us may not see.

DeCoud took two years to come up and needed Milloy to leave so Coleman could vacate his position.

TD needs to make the moves this year that buddy in NO made last year to get the Lombardi. Lombardi or bust. This is NFL 2010. The time is now.

Well...McClure was a 7th rounder. I wouldn't mind getting a solid center with one of those extra picks.

Drafted by the great Dan Reeves. I've seen all the Falcon coaches and to this day I still have to say that's my favorite Falcon coach of all time. That's right, Dan Reeves folks. Americus, Georgia. Took three teams to the Bowl. With limited talent. A downright good NFL Football Coach that could coach marginal players to a Bowl. Definitely knew how to draft late round OLinemen that could get it done. No disrespect but TD should at least ask Dan which Olineman he would take with a 5th rounder.

Guest Gritz

No disrespect but TD should at least ask Dan which Olineman he would take with a 5th rounder.

No disrespect to Coach Reeves, for whom I have a great deal of respect as a coach....but his other draft moves (many of which were abysmal) would make Dimitroff cringe even today.

Reeves Year 2-2nd round-Bob Hallen, G, Kent State......3rd round-Jammi German, WR, Miami.....4th round-Omar Brown, DB, North Carolina

Reeves Year 3-2nd round-Reggie Kelley, TE, Mississippi State....3rd round-Jeff Paulk, FB, Arizona State....4th round-Johndale Carty, S, Utah State

Reeves Year 4-1st round-Travis Claridge,G, USC.....2nd round-Mark Simoneau, LB, Kansas State......3rd round-Michael Thompson, G, Tennessee State...4th round-Anthony Midget, CB, Virginia Tech

Just a few "highlights" from the guy you want TD to consult?

No thanks.

No disrespect to Coach Reeves, for whom I have a great deal of respect as a coach....but his other draft moves (many of which were abysmal) would make Dimitroff cringe even today.Reeves Year 2-2nd round-Bob Hallen, G, Kent State......3rd round-Jammi German, WR, Miami.....4th round-Omar Brown, DB, North CarolinaReeves Year 3-2nd round-Reggie Kelley, TE, Mississippi State....3rd round-Jeff Paulk, FB, Arizona State....4th round-Johndale Carty, S, Utah StateReeves Year 4-1st round-Travis Claridge,G, USC.....2nd round-Mark Simoneau, LB, Kansas State......3rd round-Michael Thompson, G, Tennessee State...4th round-Anthony Midget, CB, Virginia TechJust a few "highlights" from the guy you want TD to consult?No thanks.

Wow trying to cut down my favorite coach. Blasphemy. Jus kiddin.

Look bro, Reeves put Olines together in DAL, DEN, NYG and even freakin ATL that flat out got it done. Mostly with late round picks and straggling FAs. He still has linemen on this team and he was fired seven years ago. Just totally LMAO. He is better at finding Olinemen than TD. Trust me.

Guest Gritz

Wow trying to cut down my favorite coach. Blasphemy. Jus kiddin.

Look bro, Reeves put Olines together in DAL, DEN, NYG and even freakin ATL that flat out got it done. Mostly with late round picks and straggling FAs. He still has linemen on this team and he was fired seven years ago. Just totally LMAO. He is better at finding Olinemen than TD. Trust me.

No, I'm not even coming close to trusting you on this one.....I've lived through the same Falcon history that you have....Unless you're living in another dimension.

I gave you the facts.....Those were rounds where the picks should have been heavy-duty contributors....starters at best, heavy rotational guys at least. Reeves whiffed on a whole lot of draft picks.

Your fondness for Coach Reeves has you ignoring the facts...

He could cook a decent meal but he wasn't worth a crap at picking the groceries.

And I don't care if you trust me or not. The facts speak for themselves.

No, I'm not even coming close to trusting you on this one.....I've lived through the same Falcon history that you have....Unless you're living in another dimension.

I gave you the facts.....Those were rounds where the picks should have been heavy-duty contributors....starters at best, heavy rotational guys at least. Reeves whiffed on a whole lot of draft picks.

Your fondness for Coach Reeves has you ignoring the facts...

He could cook a decent meal but he wasn't worth a crap at picking the groceries.

And I don't care if you trust me or not. The facts speak for themselves.

I haven't really read any post other than this one in this entire thread but I agree 100%. Dan Reeves was a great Cook, imo, but a very bad chef. Meaning, he could coach his @zz off but couldn't put a team together. If we had TD here when Dan Reeves was here we'd probably have like 5 SB losses or so by now. lol. All losses because Dan can't win the big one. lol. I do love the guy though. Let me make that clear.

Brett Romberg counted as a qualified compensatory free agent signing by Atlanta, although he was borderline. Therefore, he probably cancelled out Grady, and Peterson probably cancelled out Brooking. Therefore, only Foxy and Boley netted the Falcons with comp picks this year. Still a third and a fifth is not that bad at all. BTW even Dimitroff was expecting the Falcons to get 3 comp picks, so he wasn't expecting Romberg to count either.

No, I'm not even coming close to trusting you on this one.....I've lived through the same Falcon history that you have....Unless you're living in another dimension.I gave you the facts.....Those were rounds where the picks should have been heavy-duty contributors....starters at best, heavy rotational guys at least. Reeves whiffed on a whole lot of draft picks.Your fondness for Coach Reeves has you ignoring the facts...He could cook a decent meal but he wasn't worth a crap at picking the groceries.And I don't care if you trust me or not. The facts speak for themselves.

I've said time and again that Reeves was a victim of his own GMing. But despite his GMing he could flat out coach. Three teams, three Bowls? Could definitely find late round OLinemen better than TD. Trust me.

I've said time and again that Reeves was a victim of his own GMing. But despite his GMing he could flat out coach. Three teams, three Bowls? Could definitely find late round OLinemen better than TD. Trust me.

3 teams 5 SB's actually. And played in at least one other I believe. GREAT COACH!!!! No doubt about it. He really had bad fortune in who he played when he got to the SB's more so than him coaching poorly in those games. Our team is the only one that kind of got away from him because he might of had the better team but the younger inexperienced team that went to Miami and admittedly partied.

Guest Gritz

Could definitely find late round OLinemen better than TD. Trust me.

See, this is one thing that is a fatal flaw for you as a poster.....Reeves has a long, easy-to-check history as a de facto GM. Dimitroff has 2 years as a GM, has already won Executive of the Year....and you have already said that Reeves "could definitely find late round OLinemen better than TD."

Garrett Reynolds last year and Sam Baker the year before are the only drafted O-linemen that TD has pulled the trigger on....

And you've made the definitive call already?

Walking away shaking my head.............