Matt Giordano

Scantless

Who is Matt Giordano?  

67 members have voted

1. 1. What kind of player is Matt Giordano?

• Significant player (good backup / occasional starter)
    • Somewhere in between
    • Camp fodder

FLOWERY BRANCH, Ga. -- The Atlanta Falcons today signed safety Matt Giordano and released cornerback Tye Hill.

Giordano, a graduate of California, is a five-year NFL veteran who has competed with the Indianapolis Colts (2005-08) and Green Bay Packers (2009). In 60 career games (six starts), he has totaled 79 tackles (53 solo), three interceptions and seven passes defensed. In 2007 with the Colts, Giordano intercepted two passes, one of which was returned 83 yards for his first career touchdown.

Hill saw action in eight games last season and contributed with seven tackles and one interception. He was originally drafted by the St. Louis Rams in 2006 where he spent the first three years of his career.

I think that with his special teams value, he has a good chance of sticking as a backup at Safety, we actually did need some depth at SAfety, seeing that we released Harris, who was a Special Teams player, and Fudge was on IR for a good part of the year.

I think special teams is where he makes the biggest impact. Yes, he has some very good speed from seeing him in the past. I think he is good depth as an occasional starter but that is it. DeCoud, Coleman, and Moore will get all the work at safety.

Matt Giordano is one of the fastest football players out there in pads on the field. He wasn't too far off catching Devin Hester during the kickoff return TD in the superbowl and managed to just ankle-tap him into the endzone iirc. Still an amazing feat, regardless.

Matt Giordano is one of the fastest football players out there in pads on the field. He wasn't too far off catching Devin Hester during the kickoff return TD in the superbowl and managed to just ankle-tap him into the endzone iirc. Still an amazing feat, regardless.

So basically he's my new returner on madden since hill is gone?

he is a head hunter with questionable cover skills.

that transfers to a spot starter and a ST ace.

I think he is Antoine Harris and Jamaal Fudges replacement.

He will stick as a #5 Ssafety and ST player if he isnt the #3 or 4 safety at the start of the season.

He def isnt guaranteed spot, but he plays hard, and has playoff and winning experience.

I live in Indy and I've seen a lot of Matt Giordano. I can tell you exactly what he'll be. He'll be a pretty good ST's player. Typically he'll be the first guy down the field but will miss the tackle, but he will slow the ball carrier down enough for someone else to make the tackle. If he's on the field for defense, then something has gone terribly wrong.

Guest Gritz

wasted money...... but hey we are the falcons why would we wanna drasticly improve our team with good free agents

Yeah, because that wild spending on free agents has worked sooooooooooooooooo well for the Redskins......... :rolleyes:

FLOWERY BRANCH, Ga. -- The Atlanta Falcons today signed safety Matt Giordano and released cornerback Tye Hill.

Giordano, a graduate of California, is a five-year NFL veteran who has competed with the Indianapolis Colts (2005-08) and Green Bay Packers (2009). In 60 career games (six starts), he has totaled 79 tackles (53 solo), three interceptions and seven passes defensed. In 2007 with the Colts, Giordano intercepted two passes, one of which was returned 83 yards for his first career touchdown.

Hill saw action in eight games last season and contributed with seven tackles and one interception. He was originally drafted by the St. Louis Rams in 2006 where he spent the first three years of his career.

Things that make ya go hmmmmmmm?

Yeah, because that wild spending on free agents has worked sooooooooooooooooo well for the Redskins......... :rolleyes:

did I say anything about wild spending? no I said pick up players that would improve us

theirs a chance this guy doesn't even play

go sit in the corner and think about your comprehension skills

and rolling your eyes is a female trait

Edited by Sleepy27

This is good info guys. I value your opinions.

I hate to say this--but because he is a white man in a speed position, I think he has to stand out somehow and I think he is a hustler and big hitter to compensate---like a Zach Thomas.

Edited by Nono