Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Beef

Beef Jerky Falcon's Mock 1.0

Scenerio #1 - If Spoon is still there at 19, this is what I see happening:

1. OLB - Weatherspoon

3. OG/OT - John Jerry, Vladamir Ducasse, Jon Asamoah, Mitch Petrus (in that order, whichever is still there)

3c. OC - Matt Tennant, JD Walton, Eric Olsen (in that order, whichever is still there)

4. DE - Austen Lane, CJ Wilson, Kevin Basped (in that order, whichever is still there)

5. WR - David Gettis, Eric Decker, Riley Cooper, Danario Alexander (in that order, whichever is still there)

5c. TE - Colin Peek, Tony Moeaki, Dorin Dickerson (this position may swap with the regular #5 pick & WR go at 5c)

6. DT - Torrell Troup, John Fletcher, Corey Peters (in that order, whichever is still there)

6. CB - Trevard Lindley, Walter Thurmond, Myron Lewis, Brian Jackson (in that order, which ever is still there)

----------------------------

Scenerio #2 - If Spoon is gone at 19, but Graham is still there, I see this happening:

1. DE - Graham

3. OG/OT - John Jerry, Vladamir Ducasse, Jon Asamoah, Mitch Petrus (in that order, whichever is still there)

3c. OLB - AJ Edds, Dakota Watson, Rennie Curran (in that order, whichever is still there)

4. OC - Eric Olsen, Ted Larson, Chris Hall (in that order, whichever is still there)

5. WR - David Gettis, Eric Decker, Riley Cooper, Danario Alexander (in that order, whichever is still there)

5c. TE - Colin Peek, Tony Moeaki, Dorin Dickerson (this position may swap with the regular #5 pick & WR go at 5c)

6. DT - Torrell Troup, John Fletcher, Corey Peters (in that order, whichever is still there)

6. CB - Trevard Lindley, Walter Thurmond, Myron Lewis, Brian Jackson (in that order, which ever is still there)

Still not bad considering we fill our top 4 needs with excellent talent either way & Graham would be our future stud DE.

Scenerio #3 - If Spoon & Graham are gone, I see us trading back a bit & doing whatever it takes to get a 2nd round pick & still be high enough to get Pouncey. Maybe our #19 + 4th round to the Colts for their 31st & 2nd round, something like that. And maybe then do this this:

1. OL - Pouncey (he can play anywhere on OL but eventually replace McClure when that day comes)

2. OT/OG - Rodger Saffold, Vladamir Ducasse, OR OLB Daryl Washington, Navorro Bowman (depending on how high we are in the 2nd round)

3. OG/OT - John Jerry, Jon Asamoah, Mitch Petrus, OR OLB AJ Edds, Dakota Watson (depending on what we do with 2nd round)

3c. DE - Corey Wootten, Jermaine Cunningham, Austen Lane (in that order, whichever is still there)

4. I have a feeling we'd have to give this away to get the 2nd round pick along with moving our 19 back some.

We don't get quite the upgrades on defense that we wanted with this scenerio, but we mack out 2 guys who can start or at least rotate in immediately on the OL, which is huge. And the pickups at OLB & DE appear talented enough to be impact players at some point this season or at least next. Either way, I'd be very happy with any of these 3.

very nice...

weatherspoon - upgrade (starter 1st year)

ducasse - utility man (man i wonder if this guy can take on DTs and play LG and move blalock to RG) (rotation man)

matt tennant - upgrade (starter 1st year)

austen lane - rotation

decker - i like decker more vs. gettis, decker's injury knocked him out of the 1/2 rds. this guy refuses to drop a ball heh...and very physical and above average blocker.

your 5th rd C, could end up being a 6th...

torrel troup - is a massive run stuffer. dont let the 09 stats fool ppl. the guy had 2 solid ends that reaped the benefits of his pentration.

Scenerio #1 - If Spoon is still there at 19, this is what I see happening:

1. OLB - Weatherspoon

3c. OC - Matt Tennant, JD Walton, Eric Olsen (in that order, whichever is still there)

4. DE - Austen Lane, CJ Wilson, Kevin Basped (in that order, whichever is still there)

Scenerio #2 - If Spoon is gone at 19, but Graham is still there, I see this happening:

1. DE - Graham

3c. OLB - AJ Edds, Dakota Watson, Rennie Curran (in that order, whichever is still there)

4. OC - Eric Olsen, Ted Larson, Chris Hall (in that order, whichever is still there)

Still not bad considering we fill our top 4 needs with excellent talent either way & Graham would be our future stud DE.

Scenerio #3 - If Spoon & Graham are gone, I see us trading back a bit & doing whatever it takes to get a 2nd round pick & still be high enough to get Pouncey. Maybe our #19 + 4th round to the Colts for their 31st & 2nd round, something like that. And maybe then do this this:

1. OL - Pouncey (he can play anywhere on OL but eventually replace McClure when that day comes)

2. OT/OG - Rodger Saffold, Vladamir Ducasse, OR OLB Daryl Washington, Navorro Bowman (depending on how high we are in the 2nd round)

3. OG/OT - John Jerry, Jon Asamoah, Mitch Petrus, OR OLB AJ Edds, Dakota Watson (depending on what we do with 2nd round)

3c. DE - Corey Wootten, Jermaine Cunningham, Austen Lane (in that order, whichever is still there)

4. I have a feeling we'd have to give this away to get the 2nd round pick along with moving our 19 back some.

We don't get quite the upgrades on defense that we wanted with this scenerio, but we mack out 2 guys who can start or at least rotate in immediately on the OL, which is huge. And the pickups at OLB & DE appear talented enough to be impact players at some point this season or at least next. Either way, I'd be very happy with any of these 3.

Some good players in there. I love Spoon in the 1st. John Jerry or Ducasse would be great pick ups. I also love Austen Lane, Eric Decker and Walter Thurmond as late round picks.

I don't like Corey Wootten, David Gettis or Trevard Lindlay.

I'll be happy if any of these 3 happen. Rather Graham or Griffen over Spoon though.

Would rather have a good kicker at 6 over DT if we cant find a reliable one in FA.

love #1 but am I the only one who has noticed that the FO has yet to work out a DE and I haven't heard anything from TD or Smitty about one like I have about other players that they have been taking a look at (except morgan who more than likely won't be there at 19) I might be wrong but their actions to date don't suggest that they consider DE as big a need as everyone else.

love #1 but am I the only one who has noticed that the FO has yet to work out a DE and I haven't heard anything from TD or Smitty about one like I have about other players that they have been taking a look at (except morgan who more than likely won't be there at 19) I might be wrong but their actions to date don't suggest that they consider DE as big a need as everyone else.

We were in attendance for GA Tech Proday, I am sure that we will get a workout in with Morgan at somepoint and the other First round DE havent had there Proday's yet, even some of the later round prospects havent had proday yet, and usually the proday comes first then the workout later. Maybe their actions suggest that the DE options havent had proday yets, which would explain why there havent been private workouts for DE prospects. WE did work out a DE at WAshington University

Is that post a classic class of a strawman agrument for Spoon, I did notice that LOL

Sorry dude I am back now, I am going to GO HAM on the Spoon Riders

We were in attendance for GA Tech Proday, I am sure that we will get a workout in with Morgan at somepoint and the other First round DE havent had there Proday's yet, even some of the later round prospects havent had proday yet, and usually the proday comes first then the workout later. Maybe their actions suggest that the DE options havent had proday yets, which would explain why there havent been private workouts for DE prospects. WE did work out a DE at WAshington University

Is that post a classic class of a strawman agrument for Spoon, I did notice that LOL

LOL.......You crazy Jay.

:lol: ... Ok.. I am going to go HAM on anyone suggesting we go after another DE in the 1st that could very well be JA98 2.0. The ONLY DE that I feel comfortable drafting in the 1st is Brandon Graham. The others have question marks.

JPP = one hit wonder and too raw. Screams JA98!

Griffen = Lots of scouts questioning his work ethic. Started the season as a starter in 2007 and 2008 but lost his job. Had a good 2009 season but people still question his work ethic and just how much he really wants it.

Morgan = Had a good season and is a freak of an athlete BUT most of his production came against inferior opponenets. I just don't know about him...

Last season I wanted Matthews but I knew when Jerry was there that we were going to pick him. This draft I would completely understand drafting Graham but I want that OLB that I wanted last draft. I want Spoon! Now if Spoon was gone I would def. want Graham and if by chance they are both gone... go BPA O-Line.

:lol: ... Ok.. I am going to go HAM on anyone suggesting we go after another DE in the 1st that could very well be JA98 2.0. The ONLY DE that I feel comfortable drafting in the 1st is Brandon Graham. The others have question marks.

JPP = one hit wonder and too raw. Screams JA98!

Griffen = Lots of scouts questioning his work ethic. Started the season as a starter in 2007 and 2008 but lost his job. Had a good 2009 season but people still question his work ethic and just how much he really wants it.

Morgan = Had a good season and is a freak of an athlete BUT most of his production came against inferior opponenets. I just don't know about him...

Last season I wanted Matthews but I knew when Jerry was there that we were going to pick him. This draft I would completely understand drafting Graham but I want that OLB that I wanted last draft. I want Spoon! Now if Spoon was gone I would def. want Graham and if by chance they are both gone... go BPA O-Line.

^^^^ Is going Turkey Sausage Dude LOL :lol:

I am going to go HAM on anyone that wont move past JA98, not every DE is JA98, MOrgan is a beast, and was the only option on that Dline, was getting double team almost every play, but was still able to get pressure and be effective in the run game, he may not have gotten sacks but he was still disruptive, Morgan balled out in college which is why he is considered a top 10 pick which happens to be higher than what your boi Spoon is, WOW I wonder why is that = Going Ham

I could live with 1 or 2, but 3? I mean was that just a joke?

Has there ever been a team in history who have drafted 3 consecutive O lineman? That is not even close to realistic

Scenerio 3 isn't picking 3 consecutive OL's. The 2nd & 3rd picks are EITHER OL or OLB. It's either Pouncey, Saffold, & Edds, "OR" Pouncey, Washington, & Jerry.

No matter what happens, we're taking an OLB/OG/OT/C/DE in some combination with our first 4 picks. And the 2 OL's we get will likely be able to play any position on the OL, so that's why I list all 3 as an option.