Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

markymark7478

Tye Hill gone

41 posts in this topic

For those of you who thought he might be with the team this year, he has been cut. Personally, he had one good play, the INT for TD, and was constantly picked on by QB's last year. Hopefully we can draft another CB for depth and can't wait to see how much imporvement the secondary will show.

I think TD and Mike Smith know what there doing i'm all for it if it helps us get somewhere in the draft.

I think TD and Mike Smith know what there doing i'm all for it if it helps us get somewhere in the draft.

Yes, he was useless last year. Looked like Rossum out there. TD should have kept the 7th rounder and just picked up a street player.

Honestly Hill struggled.. But i didn't really exactly understand the use of Hill.. They gave Houston every chance getting burnt over and over and over.. If Hill would make one bad play they would yank him and he would be done for the game.. And didn't play him much at the first couple games.. Seemed odd the way they handled him.. Didn't make much sense wasting a draft pick on him how they used him.. He is fast as heck.. They could of tried him even at return..

Flashinator23 and luckyhole like this

Honestly Hill struggled.. But i didn't really exactly understand the use of Hill.. They gave Houston every chance getting burnt over and over and over.. If Hill would make one bad play they would yank him and he would be done for the game.. And didn't play him much at the first couple games.. Seemed odd the way they handled him.. Didn't make much sense wasting a draft pick on him how they used him.. He is fast as heck.. They could of tried him even at return..

Something wasn't right. They kept saying he was still learning the system. Either the system is incredibly difficult, Hill's not too bright, or something. It all just sounded strange to me. I think he was brought in for depth, and possibly to push Houston a little. But apparently he was a major disappointment. Best of luck to him, but he just didn't fit in ATL.

remember that we only see game day results. Coaches see the players every day in practice, they see how they learn the playbook and how they understand the concepts of the defense and so on...there could be more to this than meets the eye? Maybe Tye just blew an assignment or just didnt run the plays the way he was supposed to

remember that we only see game day results. Coaches see the players every day in practice, they see how they learn the playbook and how they understand the concepts of the defense and so on...there could be more to this than meets the eye? Maybe Tye just blew an assignment or just didnt run the plays the way he was supposed to

The thing I don't understand about it is why didn't they hold Houston accountable until this offseason trade really.. He got burned over and over.. Was just all in all a weird situation.. I prefer if we give up a draft pick to atleast make an attempt to get everything out of that pick possible.. Even if it was a 7th round pick

People were mad at Houston, but now the worst CB we had last season is officially gone!

Who got burnt for the most TD's on our team and killed momentum with not turning his head.. Clearly Houston.. Houston was our worst CB hands down.. Hill wasn't even on the field enough to be considered of be our worst CB.. Nough said

Who got burnt for the most TD's on our team and killed momentum with not turning his head.. Clearly Houston.. Houston was our worst CB hands down.. Hill wasn't even on the field enough to be considered of be our worst CB.. Nough said

Grimes gave up the most TD's.

did you consider that Hill not being on the field enough isn't a good thing? Especially if you think Houston was bad and he kept starting.

Hill and Houston were both terrible. enough said. Thank god both are off the team.

Actually Houston wasn't that bad in coverage or tackling. He just couldn't play the ball.

I think we should have kept him.

He looked out of place, but maybe that was because he was coached by emmit thomas. I think that the corners will be better due to coaching just like the Oline got better with coaching.

The have a plan, I just don't see it right now. Maybe chris owens and chevis jackson are ready to battle along with grimes and williams

Actually Houston wasn't that bad in coverage or tackling. He just couldn't play the ball.

Turning your head is a requirement to play CB. It does not matter if he has great coverage when the ball is completed right over his head every time.

Turning your head is a requirement to play CB. It does not matter if he has great coverage when the ball is completed right over his head every time.

You said that he was terrible. I'm just saying he wasn't terrible at everything.

You said that he was terrible. I'm just saying he wasn't terrible at everything.

When did I say he was terrible at EVERYTHING? I simply said terrible...and He IS terrible in coverage. Thats why QBs attacked him non stop and it was completed almost every time.

I knew Tye Hill wasnt going to make the roster and thought he could be cut soon, but expected him to play in TC and get a beginning of the preseason see how he is doing a cut him then, but knew he wasnt going to make it and expected this move and expect us to draft a guy like A.J Jefferson and Crezdon Butler, guys with a lot of potential and wouldnt cost a high pick, but there game might be a little raw traslating to the NFL but they can now learn behind 2 veterans Dunta Robinson, and Brian Williams, and I also think that Chevis Jackson and Brian Williams are not guarantees to make roster and one oculd be traded or cut if out played in preseason

Someone said they hated we lost a 7th for him, and didn't get another 7th by trading him. Why even bother trading him for a 7th? I mean, tons of undrafted free agents are out there that are basically the same as a 7th, and we can get them still, pick or no. Basically, everyone has unlimited 7th round picks, so why bother even picking up a phone for a player that clearly did not fit the system.