We still need a safety

hawkeye

Where have you been? We been cut Brock. I don't see Williams doing anything no time soon.

Williams was re-signed on 4 Mar 10 so I assume he will be available for the 10 season.

Brock indeed was cut in the final cut down to 53 in SEP 09 but was resigned to the PS on 29 Oct 09

and activated to the 53 man roster on 22 Dec 09 and actually played in the last 2 games.

JUST go the AF.com -click on people and read the list -- he is on the roster right now.

Or go to AF.com - click on news- click on official transactions - click on 2009 and check Oct and Dec

Edited by delaigle

I think we might see alot of 3 Safety looks this year, with Moore coming in as sort of like a 'dime-backer' with Coleman staying at Strong and Decoud at the Free. Don't get me wrong, I fully expect Moore to play up to expectations and ultimately see more snaps than Coleman, but particularly if we don't get a 'backer like Spoon that can help out in underneath coverage (where I feel both Peterson and Nicholas were a liability in 2009), I think Moore presents a nice option to come in and cover the H-back and screen/flat passing attacks that are spreading across the NFL.

That said, I think Williams will actually see any of the available DEFENSIVE snaps at either of the Safety positions not taken by some combination of the top 3, but at least one more safety will most likely be added to play special teams and provide neccessary depth.

If healthy, I think Fudge would be a fine choice to fulfill this role...he is an excellent gunner on coverage units, is supremely familiar with the defensive scheme and is a solid athlete for his size, capable of playing meaningful snaps if forced into the defensive backfield rotation due to injury.

P.S. If our secondary sees the desired improvement with the addition of Dunta, I wouldn't be suprised to see our Safeties start to blitz a lil' more next season...Decoud was very successful at this last year, with a couple big hits on the QB and several more QB pressures when blitzing both off the edge and in the A and B gaps as well (a la Jay Cutler).

Atlanta Falcons

Brock was promoted to the active roster on December 22, 2009 after safety Antoine Harris was placed on injured reserve. He was waived on February 9, 2010.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eric_Brock

Well I guess either you or I should go to Wiki and edit it to update it correctly, you do know that anyone can change Wiki don't you?

Brock is on the Official Atlanta Falcons roster on their home site as of today.

And the transactions tab is up to date through 9 Mar 10 and no release of Brock is shown

ADDITION

Now I'm not as sure, He is on the AF roster and no transaction is shown BUT he does not show on the NFL version of the Atlanta roster. And he does not show as a player (active or inactive) However I did get his stats for 08 & 09 to come up

Edited by delaigle

Atlanta Falcons

Brock was promoted to the active roster on December 22, 2009 after safety Antoine Harris was placed on injured reserve. He was waived on February 9, 2010.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eric_Brock

I want to know why people wouldn't bother taking a gander at our site's website (edit: why, that was quite redundant) and realizing that all of the official transactions are posted there.

Edited by taylor228193

Well I guess either you or I should go to Wiki and edit it to update it correctly, you do know that anyone can change Wiki don't you?

Brock is on the Official Atlanta Falcons roster on their home site as of today.

You must be from Missouri. I gotta keep showing you.

Feb 9 Eric Brock FS Cut by Atlanta

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/atl/transactions?month=2

I don't think we need one...so much as we need one to step-up and make it clear that he will be starting for a while to come.

Decoud had a pretty nice year, but another year under his belt should give a pretty good indication of what he'g got.

E Coleman is mediocre at best in pass coverage, but dependable against the run. Not sold as a starter.

Billy Moore is unproven.

I don't think we need one...so much as we need one to step-up and make it clear that he will be starting for a while to come.

Decoud had a pretty nice year, but another year under his belt should give a pretty good indication of what he'g got.

E Coleman is mediocre at best in pass coverage, but dependable against the run. Not sold as a starter.

Billy Moore is unproven.

William Moore. I can't believe he had the nerve to end his own season with an injury. Not worthy of being starting safety.

Next!

<_<