Can i ask you guys a question about the draft?

hudson

You konw in the last 2-3 weeks i have seen more and more posts about people falling to us at 19! Started with haden and he slow time at the combine. Now hes coming out with something about a back strain(w/e). Now im starting to see things about morgan falling to us.

Dont you ever sit back and think to yourself why these people are falling to us? Its not like either of them have character flaws, like a moss back in the day where he fell. Arent you guys actually think that sometimes these guys are not as great as they have been made out to be since the end of the season? I mean what happenes when haden goes and he runs slow again at his proday? goona blame it on indy surface? What happens if morgan comes out stiff as a board at his proday? Gonna still say hes the best DE?

I think alot of people have a hard time on this board looking past the hype and where people rank the in the draft before really looking at who the best guy is. I mean tell this isnt there there is a large percentage of pople on here want morgan soley cause he went to GT? Open your eyes people just cause hes projected by some guy on TV doesnt mean hes the best guy for the job!

I COULD CARE LESS Y THEY FEEL, IF THE TAPE SAYS THEY CAN PLAY, THEN THEY CAN PLAY, BUT EITHER WAY IM NOT EYEING ANYONE OF THEM, BUT IF HADEN DROPED TO 19, THAT WOULD BE A VERY TOUGH DECISION TO MAKE, U CAN NEVER HAVE TO MANY DB, BUT U ALWAYS GOTTA MAKE SURE THAT THE TAPE IS THE DECIDING FACTOR, NOT WAT HE DOES IN SHORTS

The closer we get to the draft the more I am convinced that we are going to "catch" a prospect who falls due to reasons other than their actual ability. Although we do draft for need, there are no positions on our roster that we couldn't field a decent player at (Biermann, Peterson, & Nicholas).

DE, WR, & OLB are the 3 spots that are most ripe for a rookie to come in and start from day 1. But all of them are manned by at least a decent player already. The only positions we won't draft with our first pick are QB, MLB, FB, & S. If a guy TD has rated as top 10 falls to us and happens to be a DT, CB, TE, etc., he has constructed the roster to allow him the freedom to take them.

Of course we would like to address our needs, but the truth is that a real playmaker or two could fall at a position other than DE/OLB. We need to groom a TE. We need more youth at WR. We need to prepare for Clabo/Dahl possible departure. All of those positions will likely be addressed in the draft. But in the first I think the actual players available are going to trump the urge to just grab the best DE/OLB we can.

If TD had Haden as the 9th best player in the draft and Graham as the 19th best player, I believe he would take Haden. If the gap is smaller, then that's a different story.

You konw in the last 2-3 weeks i have seen more and more posts about people falling to us at 19! Started with haden and he slow time at the combine. Now hes coming out with something about a back strain(w/e). Now im starting to see things about morgan falling to us.

Dont you ever sit back and think to yourself why these people are falling to us? Its not like either of them have character flaws, like a moss back in the day where he fell. Arent you guys actually think that sometimes these guys are not as great as they have been made out to be since the end of the season? I mean what happenes when haden goes and he runs slow again at his proday? goona blame it on indy surface? What happens if morgan comes out stiff as a board at his proday? Gonna still say hes the best DE?

I think alot of people have a hard time on this board looking past the hype and where people rank the in the draft before really looking at who the best guy is. I mean tell this isnt there there is a large percentage of pople on here want morgan soley cause he went to GT? Open your eyes people just cause hes projected by some guy on TV doesnt mean hes the best guy for the job!

You draft the best football player , and the most productive ones. That's why Morgan and Graham won't be there when we pick at 19. The tape don't lie.

I truly believe Graham/Morgan will be going to the Jaguars and the Giants since both need pass rushes for their defenses (not like other defenses don't but they REALLY only rely on their front four) JPP is the wild card. If some 3-4 team takes Graham/Morgan as a OLB then JPP will replace them but I don't think neither Graham nor Morgan fall to us.

the jaguars will not change draft plans just because they signed Kampman.

Change their draft plans? Maybe, maybe not. But say they grade Morgan & Dez Bryant both with 94 grades. Who will they draft? Another DE after the Kampman signing or Bryant to fill that need at WR?

Teams filling needs in FA is 1 of the reasons some players do fall further than expected this early into the process.

You konw in the last 2-3 weeks i have seen more . . .

Dont you ever sit back and think to yourself why these people are falling to us?

I think alot of people have a hard time . . . percentage of people on here who want Morgan

just becasue he came out of TECH Open your eyes people just cause he's projected by

some guy on TV doesn't mean he's the best guy for the job!

I'm a TECH fan, and I don't want the FALCONS to take any of the TECH players

just because most of them are coming out as juniors. I don't like underclassmen

in the draft, and I don't think Dimitroff does either.

But, you know that fans second guessing management is just the off

season game; it is all fans have to do.

I'm not interested in people falling within a round; I'M interested

in them falling from a round to the next or the next. And, I think that WILL

happen, and I'M interested in it happening not from the quality of the player not

being what's expected but rather from the NEEDS of teams not being what is expected.

Falcons don't need a QB, but if Tebow falls to Round 6, I say take him.

Not interested in GT players or juniors, but if Dwyer falls to the 5th, take him

Change their draft plans? Maybe, maybe not. But say they grade Morgan & Dez Bryant both with 94 grades. Who will they draft? Another DE after the Kampman signing or Bryant to fill that need at WR?

Teams filling needs in FA is 1 of the reasons some players do fall further than expected this early into the process.

no doubt. However, what i am saying is a player like Kampman, at this stage in his career, will not affect the decisions of those in the draft room dramatically. I do agree with you though that if they like Dez bryant the pick is obvious.