Myron Rolle

KizuStrife

This guy has been on NFL network quite a bit, but I haven't seen much draft buzz about him. Usually the stories center around the fact that he was a Rhodes scholar. I do remember someone saying at the senior bowl Rolle showed up lean and shredded, but beyond that I haven't heard much about where he may fall in the draft.

He seems like a Falcon's type of guy with the stellar character, but I wonder if he is there in the 3rd round will we draft him>?

No, we will not draft him with a third rounder.

We have Moore and DeCoud.

As it looks right now, that is our future at safety.

DeCoud has already proven himself to some extent, and Moore should get his chance this season. But, since Moore hasn't had an ample amount of time to prove himself, and also since he was just drafted last year with a second round pick, we will not be bringing in another young safety through the draft right now...atleast not with a third round pick.

We have greater needs that we need to target with our third rounder.

Edited by BlazerFalcon

Well now that that's out of the way...Ha Ha. Nah, but seriously. I could see ATL giving it some serious thought, he is a high character guy with a good skill set - granted he missed a year, but he kept in shape. The two safeties you speak of haven't proved anything yet and it is not like we have a superior pass defense - i'm sure every little bit would help.

Unfortunately, I don't see why we would we take him. He would be a perfect fit in my opinion, but there's no way we use a high pick on a safety now that we've got 2 guys back there that we feel really good about. Unless TD tried to trade one to make room for him, there's no way we use a pick that high on that position.

Well now that that's out of the way...Ha Ha. Nah, but seriously. I could see ATL giving it some serious thought, he is a high character guy with a good skill set - granted he missed a year, but he kept in shape. The two safeties you speak of haven't proved anything yet and it is not like we have a superior pass defense - i'm sure every little bit would help.

DeCoud hasn't proven anything?

Really?

I'm pretty sure he has proven himself as a starter on this team while also showing the ability to become known as one of the best safeties in the entire NFL.

As far as William Moore goes, you're right, he hasn't proven anything yet. I acknowledged that in my original post.

However, he hasn't had a chance to prove himself yet. We used a second round pick on him so you better believe we will give him a fighting chance to prove something to us.

He'll have this season to do that.

Edited by BlazerFalcon

We have Moore and DeCoud.

As it looks right now, that is our future at safety.

DeCoud has already proven himself to some extent, and Moore should get his chance this season. But, since Moore hasn't had an ample amount of time to prove himself, and also since he was just drafted last year with a second round pick, we will not be bringing in another young safety through the draft right now...atleast not with a third round pick.

We have greater needs that we need to target with our third rounder.

rolle can also play corner as well as safety

rolle can also play corner as well as safety

He is going to play safety in the NFL.

And you're right, he could play corner.

That doesn't mean he will be worth a **** at corner, though.

But what's your point?

You'd rather draft a guy that's a year removed from football and would have to convert to another position to play for us as opposed to a guy like Donovan Warren or some other possible CORNER that could be there in the 3rd for us?

Yeah, great post.

He will go to some team with a lot of comp picks in the mid rounds. Great story and a real class act, but too many questions as to whether can can play in the NFL and if he will want to be in the league more than 3-4 years to invest a high pick. Dude wants to be a neurosurgeon! (that's a brain surgeon for some of you :lol: )

He will go to some team with a lot of comp picks in the mid rounds. Great story and a real class act, but too many questions as to whether can can play in the NFL and if he will want to be in the league more than 3-4 years to invest a high pick. Dude wants to be a neurosurgeon! (that's a brain surgeon for some of you :lol: )

Just because he has something worthy to be after his football career doesn't mean he's going to call it quits in a couple years.

Get your head straight, bro.

from what I've read he should go in the 5th or so...I say we take him in the 5th now that we have a high pick thanks to the Lions :)

This.

+1

i love his story, etc.

BUT his TV time is making people think he is this greta prospect. Bottom line is before he left for his scholarship, he wasnt productive @ FSU. He never put up even good numbers considering he was the #1 rated HS safety prospect.

He could be good, but definately not good enough to be a 3rd round safety. I honestly could see him falling to round 6 or so. Safeties that played better college careers and didnt have the distraction concerns of Rolle have fallen to the 3rd or worse.

I know alot of his fans say he wouldnt leave the NFL to do his surgeon goal, but it still has to be a concern. Even if he just continues classes while in the NFL it will take away his focus. He isnt good enough to not need to work non stop tpo get better.

Like I said, I like his story, but I wouldnt use a mid round flyer on him in such a deep draft. Not even if he only did play ball and not take the season off.

This guy has been on NFL network quite a bit, but I haven't seen much draft buzz about him. Usually the stories center around the fact that he was a Rhodes scholar. I do remember someone saying at the senior bowl Rolle showed up lean and shredded, but beyond that I haven't heard much about where he may fall in the draft.

He seems like a Falcon's type of guy with the stellar character, but I wonder if he is there in the 3rd round will we draft him>?

rolle is way over rated the only reason he's getting attention is because he's a rhodes scholar , he had 1 int. his whole time at FSU plus he was average at best on a crappy seminole team. I know he'll get drafted I just hope it's not by us (maybe a free agent contract)

I think its hilarious that people are actually knocking him for wanting to be a Neurosurgeon.

You guys are right, we should only draft players with low IQ's that have no ambition outside of a

short term job(NFL) in their life.

I think I would rather draft a football player than trapper john M.D.

Like I said, his story is great, seems like a great guy.

I wont knock him at all for wanting to be a neurosurgeon. It is a better contribution to life than a football player.

With that said, he had a decision to make. He needed to decide if his love was football or medicine. He chose medicine, then came back to football. A GM is potentially sinking millions of dollars and a valuable roster spot into him. they have all the right in the world to be unsure about him for his decisions. Why did he come back? was it to get some money together to finish grad school and become a surgeon? Many GMs are concerned he isnt committed to football long term.

With that said, please....someone show me something great he has done on the field? He was the top safety prospect coming out of high school. With that said, hasnt he underachieved in college, since he hasnt done anything impressive @ FSU?

Like I said, great story, but I havent seen any reason to draft him, especially not in round 3-5 in such a deep draft. Better safety prospects than him have fallen further, in less talented drafts.