whats up with all this Weatherspoon talk

Look at this draft,there's a lot of OLB that can play that position.You don't have to him in the first round.He may not even go in the first round.

Newb. That's all there is to it. The kid is going in the first round unless he gets hurt. He is a great OLB and we need one, put two and two together and come back later.

I tend to agree with this, I see a lot of Graham and Weatherspoon (sp?) talk, but I don't think either are worth the first round pick. This draft seems to be deep with LB and DE and despite popular belief, our rund defense is not the problem :/

Yea, but our pass coverage is and Spoon is REALLY good at that.

Yea, but our pass coverage is and Spoon is REALLY good at that.

I see where you are coming from, and I think spoon is a great player...but we were generally burned deep not quite as bad on the short routes - which is what he would generally cover. Then again, I am a huge proponent for Mayes :)

Look at this draft,there's a lot of OLB that can play that position.You don't have to him in the first round.He may not even go in the first round.
playmakers on the line, playmakers in the secondary, playmakers in the LB??? nope, on INT as a whole... weathesppon has been a first round pick since his junior yr, and he is better then any LB that we have period!!!!

I see where you are coming from, and I think spoon is a great player...but we were generally burned deep not quite as bad on the short routes - which is what he would generally cover. Then again, I am a huge proponent for Mayes :)

we gave up 52 passes of 20+ yrds or more, and if u look closley we gave up a lot to the TE and backs.. nicholas nor peterson can cover TE, and i dont expect lofton to cause he is a true thumper for the run game.

52 pass for 20+ that's meanly the secondary,plus TD said that his not picking DE high in the draft.We have enough high picks on the DL,TD said when P.Jerry comes back there going there pass rush to increase.Don't be surprized if you hear Spiller,J.Best,or Golden Tate name called when the falcons on the clock.

Edited  by falconsneedplaymakers

So his better than Loften lol,he may not get picked in the first round.The guy is way overrated.

Where do you get your information from? The game film shows he's not overrated, and while Lofton and Spoon are 2 very different players Spoon can cover better than Lofton and provides speed and the abiity to blitz better than Lofton. But Lofton is a true thumper, the ball comes his way you better bet he will bring the wood.

I agree. I wish we would trade Norwood and pick up Spiller if he is still on the board.

That's right....let's blow a first round pick on a position where we're already loaded in a year where we have so many holes on defense and no second round pick.

Seriously...I find the Spiller talk absolutely the most ridiculous and poorly thought out of all the draft talk on this board.

More important needs include.....

OLB, DE, C, T

Those are positions of NEED.

we gave up 52 passes of 20+ yrds or more, and if u look closley we gave up a lot to the TE and backs.. nicholas nor peterson can cover TE, and i dont expect lofton to cause he is a true thumper for the run game.

This guy knows what he is talking about ^. Rewatch the New England game (our first lost). We shutdown the deep ball but the 5-10 yard passes on third ripped us a part. If I remeber it was Ben Watson not Moss that was racking up the stats.

This guy knows what he is talking about ^. Rewatch the New England game (our first lost). We shutdown the deep ball but the 5-10 yard passes on third ripped us a part. If I remeber it was Ben Watson not Moss that was racking up the stats.

yep ive been saying that all year too we need a OLB even with a great pass rush we need LBs that can cover short routes if the QB gets the ball off

That's right....let's blow a first round pick on a position where we're already loaded in a year where we have so many holes on defense and no second round pick.

Seriously...I find the Spiller talk absolutely the most ridiculous and poorly thought out of all the draft talk on this board.

More important needs include.....

OLB, DE, C, T

Those are positions of NEED.

I'd put Guard being more of a need than Centre.

Why would we trade Norwood and then pick someone up thats just like him in Spiller? We dont need a RB and idk why the "experts" have us taking one in a few mocks. We also dont need a WR so theres no point in thinking Tate will be taken. Defense is a need right now, and the 2 glaring needs on that side of the ball is DE and OLB, so my thinking is that who ever is the best option when we pick at those 2 positions we will pick them.

Id rather have Weatherspoon because we have Bierman and Sidbury but we dont have anyone really to back up Pete or Nicholas. Weatherspoon can play all 3 LB positions which is a huge deal.

I think Spoon can be coached into a great weak-side OLB. My only concern would be his sideline to sideline pursuit of RB's. He doesn't look that fast in pursuit..... but that can be improved with technique (VG can coach LB's)... but he did show he can cover TE's which is something we seriously lacked last year. Besides... I pulled this from Mizzou's website. I like the sound of this....

2007 SEASON

First-year starter who blossomed into a leader on one of the Big 12's top defensive units, as he led the team with 130 tackles ... Also broke up 8 passes on the year (2nd-most on the team), and had two more balls that he deflected on pass rushes that were intercepted by FS William Moore - one of which Moore returned for a back-breaking touchdown in the Cotton Bowl against Arkansas ...

One of the best defenses in college for 2007 and we can have 2 memebers with the Falcons... on the field .... at the same time!

Call it fate...... or just a good idea!

i wouldn't rule out taking golden Tate i just think if there's a chance to trade down then pick up Tate in like mid 20's that's good but if weatherspoon is their i think we definitely take him its not secret Atlantas FO loves the guy if hes there we take him if hes not i think we look at trade possibilities if there's nothing take best DE,C or Tackle available .

Edited by Adam3328