neko mock

neko

1 Sean Weatherspoon OLB 6-1, 239

I have not been caught up in the debate between DE Graham & Spoon because I like them both. However Graham is too short for me to love him, plus I believe Biermann could grow into a solid LDE. Also I have heard the argument that there are plenty of OLBs that can be had in later rounds with not much skill drop-off. Frankly though, I don't see anyone else that I really like for OLB. Weatherspoon has it all and could be one of the 'sure thing' picks in rd 1.

3 Jimmy Graham TE 6-6, 260

It is imperative that we draft our TE of the future this year. Seeing the falcons bring in TG last year showed me that Mularkey's prototype TE (primarily a blocker) is out the window. Graham is still developing his game (most notably blocking) but he is a superb athlete who has already received praise of comparison to the likes of TG. Great route runner and receiver. The perfect TG understudy.

3 Austen Lane DE 6-6, 276

It would not hurt to add another DE to our rotation, especially one that has great potential for LDE. Lane is an exceptional athlete, perfect size, and more importantly he possesses all the traits TD gushes over from character, to motor, to work ethic, to leadership, et al. A phenomenal pass rusher who has the size and motor to be a great all around player.

4 J.D. Walton C 6-3, 300

One of the best centers in the country this year. Tough, nasty, non-stop player who will go thru the whistle. Great drive blocker. Smart - can make all the line calls and would be a great replacement/understudy for the aging McClure.

5 Blair White WR 6-2, 209

While I would love to draft an electric playmaker for WR this year, it may not be in the cards until next year. First of all I don't see Jenkins losing his spot just yet so there is no need for a high draft pick at WR. White is a player who is still developing, and while he is not 'electric' per se, he is plenty fast and quite quick if you look his combine #s. His intangibles are off the charts (as with most all the picks in this mock). I view White as an upgrade/replacement for Finneran. He is more of a possession receiver, but has the tools to excel in any capacity within our WR core.

5 Arthur Jones DT 6-3, 301

All the intangibles. An explosive penetrating DT to add to the rotation. Can also hold the point well. Has had some significant injuries (currently knee) so its possible he slides. Would be a perfect compliment to our attacking DT rotation.

6 Shawn Lauvao OG 6-3, 315

Versatile, dependable, captain, smart, hard worker, tough (all the intangibles again). Has experience at OT. Can pass and run block very well. Has great quickness for an OG, maybe a bit slow for OT in NFL. A rock - just a solid and dependable player to add to our depth, and a player who could find a spot for himself next year depending on what happens with Blalock/Dahl/Clabo. We need a G badly in this draft. (I would prefer Johnson in the 3rd, but there is great value here.)

6 Leigh Tiffen?? K

I don't know if this is the best choice. We need to draft a kicker, but apparently this guy has hardly dealt with pressure kicks in college. Maybe too risky for my taste. I might prefer to find a K gem in the RFA pool and draft MYRON ROLLE instead to get some S depth.

Like this mock overall. The only thing is that Arthur Jones probably won't fall that far.

maybe not, but its quite possible depending on how well he recovers for his workout. i would also be willing to take him in the 4th instead and pick up Olsen for C in the 5th.

thanks for the replies fellas.

I do like how your filling the most needed positions first (OLB, DE, and TE).

Thats one route to take. I would definately want a clean bill of health on Graham. from the team doctors

I want to come out with 1 of these OL in rounds 3-4. (Jerry, Johnson, Black, Tennant).

I would like to see some of tape of how Walton faired vs. McCoy & Suh (assuming he played both in the Big 12). I just know less about him then the SEC guys who I have seen for years. His weakness on scouting reports is that he struggles vs. bigger and stronger DTs. That worries me a little with the monster NTs for a 3-4 being the in vogue thing.

Edited by coachx

I do like it how your filling the most needed positions first (OLB, DE, and TE).

Thats one route to take. I w0uld definately want a clean bill of health on Graham / TE first.

I want to come out with 1 of these OL in rounds 3-4. (Jerry, Johnson, Black, Tennant).

I would like to see some of tape of how Walton faired vs. McCoy & Suh (assuming he played both in the Big 12). I just know less about him then the SEC guys who I have seen for years. His weakness on scouting reports is that he struggles vs. bigger and strounger DTs. That worries me a little with the monster NT for a 3-4 being the in vogue thing.

of the 4 OL you mentioned i like Johnson best, but unfortunately i think drafting him would get in the way of the guys i have in rd 3 who i dont want to sacrifice. i suppose it could work out if Graham could be had in the 4th.

thanks