Does anyone else feel REALLY good about this upcoming season?

ConnFalcon

As a fan, I feel good about every season. But there is just something about this upcoming season that really has me amped. Well, alot of things.

PJ and Willy-Mo coming back

A healthy Mike Turner

Now a 3rd year starter in Matt Ryan

A healthy Norwood...(for now) :rolleyes:

HD coming back

The exit of Houston, and the entrance of a great corner in Dunta

The fact that Grimes and Houston looked great the last half of the season

Hard hitting Decoud with another year under his belt. He will be a beast.

Who knows what the draft will bring, but I have high hopes

I am still a little worried about the pass rush, but I trust TD knows what he is doing. I LOVE the fact that we addressed by far our worst part of the team (secondary)and got it done. The sky is the limit for this team in 2010, and I really think we are going to be very, very succsesful.

I am worried about the pass rush too, and hopefully we stop playing with it and get some high quality talent, but I know that it will get worked out somehow.

I am excited mainly because i think that Ryan will progess from last year to this year. I see a big year from Matt Ryan especially in terms of his decision making.

If we can get a quality pass rusher or generate a quality pass rush I think we might have a shot at winning the division.

Most importantly I am truly excited about going to the dome for 10 games and getting those Wings before the Game.

Edited by Jaymadd

I feel great about this season. Our pass rush shouldnt be as bad as last year. We didnt intend to lose Jerry and we were pretty good when we had him. With the addition of Dunte at CB with Williams coming back and Owens in his second year. Im hoping to grab Spoon and maybe a #2 wr so solidify this great team

Me thinks...

Getting PJ back in the lineup will do wonders. Smith's defenses in Jacksonville were highly dependent on their defensive tackles.

I like Bierman. He has a big motor and he seems to be getting better.

But....

I think that Sidbury will be a stud in this leauge in the near future.

I am looking forward to this season VERY much. I think William Moore will be great a safety and I think we have an incredible safety rotation with Coleman, Moore and Decoud. Hopefully PJ94 can be half of what he has been cracked up to be. So excited, still need some defensive improvements. Mainly just the pass rush.

I'm worried because we are counting on PERRY and DOUGLASS to come back and produce. These guys has some serious injuries and it takes time mentally to come back and not worry about getting hurt again.

For years people talked about RODDY no producing but now it's JENKINS that has to step up to the plate and take charge.

I worry about TURNER, it took him about 4 games before he started hitting the hole hard and rushing for big yards.

I worry about ABRAHAM being able to hold up for another season. We were taking him out a few plays per series and I just wonder if he was 100% healthy.

I worry about playing the Saints because they are going to be talking big trash when they come to ATLANTA and I can only imagine how they will act when we make the road trip to the N.O.

What has happen to get excited about?

Dunta Robinson replaced Chris Houston

Bryant replaced Elam

Schneck retired replaced by Zenelke

Haynes, Gilbert, Harris are gone

They signed Klecko

Otherwise everything is the same as the beginning of the 09 season (before Douglas got hurt)

Edited by delaigle

I have a really good feeling. It all hinges on if jerry and HD come back healthy and can contribute, and if we get some production out of our top draft picks. If that happens and we stay healthy for the most part I think we are in really good shape.

Bryant replaced Elam

They signed Klecko

Otherwise everything is the same as the beginning of the 09 season (before Douglas got hurt)

debbie_downer.jpg

Bryant replaced Elam

They signed Klecko

Your absolutely right, nothing has changed. We haven't made any major changes since the end of the season.

Your absolutely right, nothing has changed. We haven't made any major changes since the end of the season.

We have Dunta, a BUNCH of guys that will be 100% healthy and hopefully a succsesful draft. Is this not something to be excited about? Im sorry if you guys are not pumped for the season..... :blink:

Guest Gritz

We have Dunta, a BUNCH of guys that will be 100% healthy and hopefully a succsesful draft. Is this not something to be excited about? Im sorry if you guys are not pumped for the season..... :blink:

Don't hurt 'em Conn....

These are the same guys who would complain after a fantastic night of fun with Beyonce that she had a little piece of lettuce stuck to her teeth.

Guest Gritz

I believe all the Falcons need is a good DE and WLB add in the fact some key players come back healthy and most importantly guys stay healthy especially at the main positions of QB and RB and I feel really good about the Falcons. We are no longer rebuilding from the ground up.

There's the prescription right there phatty.....You nailed it my man...... ;)

I'm not that excited about this year yet but we'll see after the draft. Even with the addition of Robinson, the defense is full of question marks. Even Abe, who could always be counted on to bring the noise, dropped off precipitously last year. If the pass rush doesn't improve dramatically, Dunta's addition won't matter that much.

On offense, the Falcons are obviously strong, but last year the team wasn't nearly as explosive as I expected them to be, or even nearly as explosive as they were in 2008. I think they could really benefit from an upgrade at number 2 wideout, and they will obviously benefit if HD is able to make a strong comeback.

But no, I wouldn't say I feel "Really Good" about this season. I'd call myself cautiously optimistic.

That same "BUNCH of guys" was healthy at the beginning of last season, they got hurt DURING the season (Douglas was the only one hurt before the season started)

I feel good about our team but I'm always leary about injuries. Injuries can always ruin a season, I hope next year we do not have as many as we did this year. It was nice to see this team still fight and pull off back to back winning seasons even with all our injuries and a completely unfair schedule.

But yeah as far as our team I feel we could win the Superbowl this year.

The SAINTS winning the Super Bowl really took a lot out of me last season. We lost so many games that we shouldn't have loss. I guess I'm looking for DT and AB to address the fans with what's going on. Seems like we are just doing a dog and pony show with no progress.