Saints fans would be wise to shy away from Hog85 comments

HASHBROWN3

I realize Hog85 is having fun with us but my comments to him below are combative yet true nevertheless...

"Yawn....and...may the flea's of a thousand camels infest your armpits! I would rather have Ryan than Brees right now bro... Our future is brighter than yours no questions asked. Enjoy the SB win cause y'all deserved it. But I would be real careful not to flap your gums too much about the future. Here's the thing and you need to listen real close because this is straight up NON-FICTION: Saints are a very unimpressive team without Drew Brees! He takes the Saints to places that you have absolutely no way of getting to without his talent! Therefore, it is not a stretch to suggest that with a major injury to your Stud QB, the Saints return to mediocrity very fast!! Remember this when you pick on a very up-and-coming, young falcon team who is rapidly on it's way back from some major (petrino/vick) disasters. You look at last years devastating injuries that we OVERCAME. Jerry, Douglas & William Moore, and we still had a winning season. We also had a QB in his Sophomore year who had an injury. The future belongs to Atlanta. Oh, a quick reminder that Schaub is in Houston. When Brees is taking Geritol and rubbing icy-hot on his aching bones, Matt Ryan will be steaming ahead to lead this team to something special. I will only concede Brees, at this time-frame, as being better right now. Beyond that your day dreaming..."

What say y'all???

I realize Hog85 is having fun with us but my comments to him below are combative yet true nevertheless...

"Yawn....and...may the flea's of a thousand camels infest your armpits! I would rather have Ryan than Brees right now bro... Our future is brighter than yours no questions asked. Enjoy the SB win cause y'all deserved it. But I would be real careful not to flap your gums too much about the future. Here's the thing and you need to listen real close because this is straight up NON-FICTION: Saints are a very unimpressive team without Drew Brees! He takes the Saints to places that you have absolutely no way of getting to without his talent! Therefore, it is not a stretch to suggest that with a major injury to your Stud QB, the Saints return to mediocrity very fast!! Remember this when you pick on a very up-and-coming, young falcon team who is rapidly on it's way back from some major (petrino/vick) disasters. You look at last years devastating injuries that we OVERCAME. Jerry, Douglas & William Moore, and we still had a winning season. We also had a QB in his Sophomore year who had an injury. The future belongs to Atlanta. Oh, a quick reminder that Schaub is in Houston. When Brees is taking Geritol and rubbing icy-hot on his aching bones, Matt Ryan will be steaming ahead to lead this team to something special. I will only concede Brees, at this time-frame, as being better right now. Beyond that your day dreaming..."

What say y'all???

Young and upcoming? You haven't seen any of your young players play besides Ryan and you think they will be studs... An injury to Ryan (again) can very much end a season for your beloved Falons allah last year. Point I am trying to make is although what you are saying "maybe" true don't count your chickens before they hatch.

What say y'all???

Injuries are a varible that no one could predict. The NFL is a QB driven league and to say that the Saints would suffer tremendously because the loss of their leader shows your lack of objectivity. This would be true for about 98% of the NFL teams. You think the Colts, Chargers, Vikings, Pats, Cards, Cowboys, and Bengals would have won their division had they lost their QB? Face it, as much as you think Redman excelled in Ryan's absence, the league would have figured him out and exploited his weaknesses just as they did with Sanchez. Then you all would be right back in the stone ages of the NFL, trying to pound the ball with your running game while teams with an explosive offense, via the pasing game, score at will and a speed that you all would not be able to keep with.

Edited by DJ1BigTymer

Injuries are a varible that no one could predict. The NFL is a QB driven league and to say that the Saints would suffer tremendously because the loss of their leader shows your lack of objectivity. This would be true for about 98% of the NFL teams. You think the Colts, Chargers, Vikings, Pats, Cards, Cowboys, and Bengals would have won their division had they lost their QB? Face it, as much as you think Redman excelled in Ryan's absence, the league would have figured him out and exploited his weaknesses just as they did with Sanchez. Then you all would be right back in the stone ages of the NFL, trying to pound the ball with your running game while teams with an explosive offense, via the pasing game, score at will and a speed that you all would not be able to keep with.

Nope. I just feel like if THE SAINTS lost their leader, they would be even more adversely affected than the rest of the league considering he was far and away a much larger % of your success relative to THE REST OF THE TEAM... Take away Ryan and Breez from both teams and our future is much brighter due to the potential of its younger players... IMO