Enlightened, go get em!

nolafan33

Take a look at this:

http://life.atlantafalcons.com/topic/3886933-with-all-the-talk-of-the-falcons-nfcs-supremacy/page__st__60__gopid__5433713entry5433713

"Ryan better than Romo."

"What has Romo done to show he is better then Ryan? Choke in pretty much every big game he has played in? Hes so overrated its not even funny. If he was on any other team we wouldnt hear a word about him."

Go get em!

Seriously, you start a thread to have folks from RC go post in TAFT? unsure.gif It's a reason why the normal posters in RC post here. I thought you knew that by now.

Actually, if you ever ventured into TATF you'd know most of the RC regulars DO post in TATF.

Actually, if you ever ventured into TATF you'd know most of the RC regulars DO post in TATF.

I know, I see Boss posting there alot. SaintAnger is rattling the cages with a Bush post. They do have some good posters in TAFT, but sometimes there is no commonality of objectivity over there.

i think dunta has the potential to be better then greer.

Well, we agree on this one, sorta....

I agree Dunte has the potential to be better too, especially considering he was ranked as the #97th best cornerback in the NFL in 2009 according to Pro Football Focus.

I don't think he'll be better than Greer.

(fyi ... Greer was ranked #7)

This has got to be a joke. Not only did Romo look like 10 times the QB against the Falcons, he looked just as good in the win against the Saints. Romo's worst QB rating for a season is 91.7, Ryans best is 87.7. Tony Romo is 1-3 in the playoffs. Ryan is 0-1. Romo is 11-7 in his division, Ryan is 6-6. Romo has done better in the games that count than Ryan, so lets hold off on the BS that hes better.

BTW, to be considered an Elite QB in this league you have to at least have a 90+ QB rating, Romo has never been under 90 for a season.

Edited by Enlightened29

This has got to be a joke. Not only did Romo look like 10 times the QB against the Falcons, he looked just as good in the win against the Saints. Romo's worst QB rating for a season is 91.7, Ryans best is 87.7. Tony Romo is 1-3 in the playoffs. Ryan is 0-1. Romo is 11-7 in his division, Ryan is 6-6. Romo has done better in the games that count than Ryan, so lets hold off on the BS that hes better.

BTW, to be considered an Elite QB in this league you have to at least have a 90+ QB rating, Romo has never been under 90 for a season.

Don't worry, same guys were saying Ryan is as good if not better than Drew Brees last offseason.

Don't worry, same guys were saying Ryan is as good if not better than Drew Brees last offseason.

I know, just tired of Romo not getting his due. Dallas lost to Minnesota based on their horrible oline play, not Romo. Some people cant figure that out. What good is a QB if hes flat on his back or running for his life?

I know, just tired of Romo not getting his due. Dallas lost to Minnesota based on their horrible oline play, not Romo. Some people cant figure that out. What good is a QB if hes flat on his back or running for his life?

I used to be one of those Romo "haters" when he first became the starter. Now, I realize that he is one heck of a quarterback.

Elway was considered an elite QB...chek out his QB ratings over the years!

Elway was 14-7 in the playoffs and was one of the greatest comeback QBs in the game. He had a career 79.9 QB rating.

QB rating isnt everything, its just another stat to compare players. My point was this, Ryan is no Romo.

Edited by Enlightened29

That is my point En29. Someone had mentioned that you needed to be over a 90.0 in QB rating to be elite and I disagree. That's why I brought up Elway. Besides Ryan is no slouch. He's been at an 87 and 81 level not bad for a two year starter and he's TDs went up by 6 in three less games.

Well, Romo has never had a season under 90. I read somewhere that 90 is the standard for an elite QB in todays NFL. I think they were talking about seasonally, not career though. I couldnt find very many HOF QBs with a 90+ career QB rating. Which that alone should tell you that stat is bogus.

Well, Romo has never had a season under 90. I read somewhere that 90 is the standard for an elite QB in todays NFL. I think they were talking about seasonally, not career though. I couldnt find very many HOF QBs with a 90+ career QB rating. Which that alone should tell you that stat is bogus.

I guess the problem with Romo, is he'll have games with 90 rating or better. Then he'll change into Tony Ohno. But last season he made strides in finally winning a playoff game. So, this should tell you he's on the right track, if he keeps being consistent, folks will forget about MR. Ohno.

I guess the problem with Romo, is he'll have games with 90 rating or better. Then he'll change into Tony Ohno. But last season he made strides in finally winning a playoff game. So, this should tell you he's on the right track, if he keeps being consistent, folks will forget about MR. Ohno.

True. Those 9 INTs werent so bad last year. Of course there were those Cowboys fans that got mad that he wasnt throwing the ball down field more. Thats the funny thing about fans, if you are throwing the ball down the field they want you to cut down on the INTs. If you cut down on the INTs you arent throwing the ball down field enough. Its like the Brett Favre thing, you want him to make plays, but you dont want the turnovers. Well, you dont get any rewards without the risks. Im very satisfied in Romo's progression last year and I hope he continues to play at that level.

Romo or Rodgers?

Romo, no question. Romo came from nothing to be a top 10 QB. He wasnt even drafted. Rodgers was supposed to be a good QB, he was drafted 25th overall. Romo just has that "it" factor. I dont know how many non-Falcons fans saw the Dallas/Atlanta game, but the play right before the half where Tony eludes two pass rushers and throws a TD shows why I dont want another QB.

Romo, no question. Romo came from nothing to be a top 10 QB. He wasnt even drafted. Rodgers was supposed to be a good QB, he was drafted 25th overall. Romo just has that "it" factor. I dont know how many non-Falcons fans saw the Dallas/Atlanta game, but the play right before the half where Tony eludes two pass rushers and throws a TD shows why I dont want another QB.

Aaron Rogers was eluding pass rushers all year...He had no O-Line help.I mean he was sacked 50 times last season.

Aaron Rogers was eluding pass rushers all year...He had no O-Line help.I mean he was sacked 50 times last season.

Romo - 1178 for 1857 63.4% 15,045 yards 107 TDs 55 INTs 95.6 QB Rating Sacked 99 times

Rodgers - 726 for 1136 63.9% 8,801 yards 59 TDs 21 INTs 97.2 QB Rating Sacked 93 times

Rodgers isnt quite the playmaker that Romo is.