Saints fans are the epitome of fair weather

dirtybirds32842

i am so sick of these cocky headed saints fans. these guys are the worst fair weather fans in the history of sports. we all stuck it out through Vick and when Petrino ran like a b itch.

Saints fans... mark my words, your time atop the south is very close to being over. the second this falcon's d clicks and the o line meshes... its done for you

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry but it is not just the Saints fans... the atmosphere in the Dome from 2008-2009 changed dramatically. In 2008 the diehards were there in the stands making noise the whole season. Last year it was PATHETIC at the games... Falcon's tickets became fashionable again and everyone was there for the "family" atmosphere and bringing dates, it was quite depressing actually.

here in the swiss football scene the saints are the favorite team for all the people who never learned to lose. i have no problem with honest fans of the team, i just hate those one year fans with their brees jerseys... or as you call it, bandwagoners

Yes Saints fans are weak, but lets be honest here guys....We have some weak fans as well, the Dome is rarley full, it's not ever really that loud and for goodness sakes we had "Fans" cheer for the opposing QB this year when he scored to end our playoff hopes!!!! I cant really point fingers at any other fanbase sorry.

I live in Indiana and all i heard was "who dat?"... I simply replied with the one thing we can all agree on... the Taints. It's hilarious that NOLA fans think that they deserved to win a super bowl because they built a city under sea-level. ESPN acted like they were "owed" a win... They backed into the superbowl because of old man Favre. I hate the Taints, I refuse to own any thing with a fur de lies on it, and I promote the idea of anti-NOLA any chance i get...19141_103156249711987_100000528363510_88893_6984899_n.jpg

I live in Indiana and all i heard was "who dat?"... I simply replied with the one thing we can all agree on... the Taints. It's hilarious that NOLA fans think that they deserved to win a super bowl because they built a city under sea-level. ESPN acted like they were "owed" a win... They backed into the superbowl because of old man Favre. I hate the Taints, I refuse to own any thing with a fur de lies on it, and I promote the idea of anti-NOLA any chance i get...19141_103156249711987_100000528363510_88893_6984899_n.jpg

Where in Indiana? I'm in Bloomington.

As to the OP, all these fake fair weather Saints fans disgust me.

Where in Indiana? I'm in Bloomington.

As to the OP, all these fake fair weather Saints fans disgust me.

Ft. Wayne... Way up north. I'm sick of hearing about them. Colts fans are at least mostly decent. Not to mention Peyton is a stand up guy. But I DESPISE everything about the Taints, even more than I hate the Cowgirls.

I can't be worried about bandwagon fans...every team has them after a Superbowl win. Once we win our first championship, watch how many Falcon bandwagoners we'll have then. I will say that our fanbase is more fickle than devoted...hearing about fans cheering for Vick sickens me. He's an EAGLE, a rival team and you cheer when he scores? Regardless of the ties he has with the city, when you step on our turf, you become the HUNTED. It was good to see him back on the field again, but I wanted to punish this dude for killing our 2007 season and setting this franchise back...but you cheer instead? No loyalty.

Think about how that affected the players who were out there giving it their all "for the fans"...:rolleyes:

Sorry but it is not just the Saints fans... the atmosphere in the Dome from 2008-2009 changed dramatically. In 2008 the diehards were there in the stands making noise the whole season. Last year it was PATHETIC at the games... Falcon's tickets became fashionable again and everyone was there for the "family" atmosphere and bringing dates, it was quite depressing actually.

I don't know if it was for a family atmosphere, but I do agree that the Dome was not a noisy place. Our home crowd has been lame the past 4 years. And yes, it is depressing.

i am so sick of these cocky headed saints fans. these guys are the worst fair weather fans in the history of sports. we all stuck it out through Vick and when Petrino ran like a b itch.

Saints fans... mark my words, your time atop the south is very close to being over. the second this falcon's d clicks and the o line meshes... its done for you

Everyone acts like they've been huge fans since Katrina,

but where were they week 10 in 2008?

Crying on forums and not attending games.

You cant be serious with this thread. I think if you are going to take shots at another teams fanbase you really should have a leg to stand on. Its even more pathetic that you are talking about a fanbase that has for years filled up your dome not to mention the whole philadelphia debacle. Tom I just multi quoted you for the heck of it, but what the **** are you talking about.

You cant be serious with this thread. I think if you are going to take shots at another teams fanbase you really should have a leg to stand on. Its even more pathetic that you are talking about a fanbase that has for years filled up your dome not to mention the whole philadelphia debacle. Tom I just multi quoted you for the heck of it, but what the **** are you talking about.

"Q: I have heard there is a waiting list for season tickets? What does that mean, exactly?

A: In an effort to service future season ticket holders and make the process of fulfilling their requests as seamless as possible, a waiting list for season tickets was established in 2006 by the New Orleans Saints. To join the growing waiting list for 2009 and beyond, fans are urged to call (504) 731-1700 or log onto www.NewOrleansSaints.com. "

2006 was the first time the Saints made the playoffs since 2000 and only the 2nd time since 1992. They also won only their 2nd Playoff Game in Team history in 2006.

/End Thread.

"Q: I have heard there is a waiting list for season tickets? What does that mean, exactly?

A: In an effort to service future season ticket holders and make the process of fulfilling their requests as seamless as possible, a waiting list for season tickets was established in 2006 by the New Orleans Saints. To join the growing waiting list for 2009 and beyond, fans are urged to call (504) 731-1700 or log onto www.NewOrleansSaints.com. "

2006 was the first time the Saints made the playoffs since 2000 and only the 2nd time since 1992. They also won only their 2nd Playoff Game in Team history in 2006.

/End Thread.

It doesnt mean the fans werent there before 2006 b/c if you reach into your google box I'm sure you can see there is was a sellout streak that existed since 2000. The only reason the waiting list thing came into play is b/c they decided to completely sell out the dome to sth and not have single game tickets for sale as with the case in atlanta. I think it just annoys you guys that saints fans get praised and you know they will NEVER talk about falcon fans that way. its cool I get it.......

It doesnt mean the fans werent there before 2006 b/c if you reach into your google box I'm sure you can see there is was a sellout streak that existed since 2000. The only reason the waiting list thing came into play is b/c they decided to completely sell out the dome to sth and not have single game tickets for sale as with the case in atlanta. I think it just annoys you guys that saints fans get praised and you know they will NEVER talk about falcon fans that way. its cool I get it.......

When did they start praising your fans again? Oh yea...After Katrina.

And don't deny it either.

2006 = After Katrina.

Edited by Birdz 0f Prey

The Saints currently have a bandwagon, but it is nowhere near the bandwagon status of teams like the Cowboys, Patriots, or Steelers.

Yes Saints fans are weak, but lets be honest here guys....We have some weak fans as well, Dome is rarley full, the it's not ever really that loud and for goodness sakes we had "Fans" cheer for the opposing QB this year when he scored to end our playoff hopes!!!! I cant really point fingers at any other fanbase sorry.

100% Correct sir. Every time I attend a game at the dome it's always the same (Half empty until after kickoff when the late stragglers come in) and I often wonder why some of our fans buy season tickets. I was so embarrassed after some of our "fans" left after Chicago seemingly scored the winning touchdown with 11 seconds left that I yelled at them "Where are you going we still have 11 seconds on the clock!!!". If we want to be considered in the same league as Pittsburgh, Green Bay, and Cowboys fans we need to come out and support our team properly and not half heartedly.

can we PLEASE stop this bashing of the saints fans & the team already...i realize alot of it is the jerks that come on this board and cant do or say anything constructive, and a small part of it is because they did it first, but long time fans of either team realize that its like your little brother...you can pick on them, but noone else can, because both of these teams have in the cellar statistacally of teams for a LONG, LONG time and we are both FINALLY getting respect.the thing is,i think they are more afraid of us than we are of them because they know we are building a strong team, and they have alot of vets, which means more turnover in personel, which means less consistency...so let them glout a little, because it will be our turn VERY,VERY,VERY soon

Well, I've been a Falcons fan for over 40 years - been there through the dirty and the pretty.

When we are clicking and doing well - the stadium is full. When we suck - I have leg room. Then there was the Vick era - when people came to see the "phenom" and could really care less about our team - as evidenced this year when we played Philly.

It's that way with most teams in the NFL. The exceptions are really KC and Detroit - that fanbase is as strong as any in the league and it doesn't matter what the record is.

Bottom line - we are all human. Human beings like us - the "die-hard" fans - stick with the ship sinking or floating. Other human beings want to be associated with a winner - it's not about loyalty - it's about the excitement of winning.

Right or wrong - this is the reality.