John Parker-Wilson

Herr Doktor

I don't know a great deal about John Parker-Wilson. I never watched him play in college. IS this kid a decent player? Can he be developed to take over from Redman in a few years? Or is he Shockley Warmed over?

Well, Shockley is back on the active roster and we'll either draft one on day three or sign a draft day free agent. May the best man win! TommyD knows his QB's.

I am a huge Bama fan and never really liked him. He was way to inconsistent. He would look like the best QB in the SEC for a game or two then he wouldnt do **** for the next few games. I personally would not feel comfortable putting JP in if Ryan goes down.

Edited by Ryan2DouglasTD

I think Shockley is prob better

Interesting that the Falcons coaching staff 'thought' differently when they cut DJ Shockley last season and retained JPW as the #3QB. Remember that DJ was only brought back when Matt Ryan was injured and he'll likely be kept only through the summer (when the team needs four QB's for OTA's and Training Camp.)

DJ is by all accounts a fine person and was a capable player at UGA, but he has never demonstrated that he has the requisite skills to QB a team in an actual NFL game. If he wasn't from UGA, he'd never get one moment of attention on these boards--guess there are still some die-hard fans who think that he's DA FUTURE! laugh.gif

Interesting that the Falcons coaching staff 'thought' differently when they cut DJ Shockley last season and retained JPW as the #3QB. Remember that DJ was only brought back when Matt Ryan was injured and he'll likely be kept only through the summer (when the team needs four QB's for OTA's and Training Camp.)

DJ is by all accounts a fine person and was a capable player at UGA, but he has never demonstrated that he has the requisite skills to QB a team in an actual NFL game. If he wasn't from UGA, he'd never get one moment of attention on these boards--guess there are still some die-hard fans who think that he's DA FUTURE! laugh.gif

shockley21.jpg :ph34r: :lol:

I'm a Dawg fan and this is the truth...

Looks like the FO likes him as a developmental player. Give him another year of NFL strength and conditioning- they might move him up to number 2 behind Ryan, best case scenario is we have another Schaub on our hands and TD gets extra picks to play with down the road.