Surgery Update

Angel_Eyes

My son had his surgery on February 26th, and he did really well. He was in recovery for about an hour before I took him home. The great part is that he spent the majority of his time w/me during recovery. I was able to go with him while they put him to sleep, and that was a little bit difficult, because it's not every day you see your child fall asleep in an OR. He hasn't been able to participate in PE or recess, because that's part of the recovery. He was unhappy about that for the first couple of days, but since the 2 weeks are almost over, he's doing better. Besides, he gets to play football with his dad soon, so he's really looking forward to that. We've got a follow-up visit with his doctor soon, but so far everything looks great.

Thanks for your prayers. :)

Glad to hear that he's making a strong recovery.

Many years ago, when our son was just 6 weeks old, he had to have a hernia surgically repaired--and I can attest that nothing makes you feel as helpless as you feel when a baby needs to be in an OR.

Hope everything continues to go well for everyone in your family!

Its great to hear that your son is doing good, please let us know how the check up goes.

I know its hard to watch your child go through pre op procedures, i am only 23 but i had to have some surgeries when i was younger and the look on my moms face while they were prepping me was horrifying to me. She was also crying as she is very sensitive so i understand exactly how you felt.

Nice to hear hes doing well. Mind if I ask, what the surgery was for? Hard to watch a kid have to go thru surgery, i just had surgery myself 5 weeks ago, and I was nervous as he-ll about it. Can't even imagine from a kids point of view. ;)

It was for a hernia repair.

Its great to hear that your son is doing good, please let us know how the check up goes.

I know its hard to watch your child go through pre op procedures, i am only 23 but i had to have some surgeries when i was younger and the look on my moms face while they were prepping me was horrifying to me. She was also crying as she is very sensitive so i understand exactly how you felt.

I had to really fight to hold back the tears until after he was sleeping. I didn't want to make him feel worse. His check-up is on Tuesday, and I'll try to keep everyone posted.