TD could pick a donkey in the first round, and it would make the Pro Bowl!

I keep reading all the posts, and the mock drafts of who TD should select in the first round. The best picks he can make are players that have that strong work ethic.....and the desire to make the Falcons champs......

The art of drafting players is not all in the talent of the individual player, but how that player fits into the team like the piece of a puzzle!! With eight picks in the draft, my wish list for those players that fit the needs of the TEAM are:

1 Defensive End in the early rounds

We need a LDE that plays the run well, and delivers a strong push to the pocket. We already have our sack masters of ABE,Beer, and Sidbury.......

Possible Choices:

Jason Pierre-Paul, South Florida

Derrick Morgan, Georgia Tech

Everson Griffen, USC

Carlos Dunlap, Florida

Corey Wootton, Northwestern

Jermaine Cunningham, Florida

Graham does not fit here......he is a tremendous player who is either 3-4 Linebacker or RDE. LDE should have height in which to mess up the passing rythem of a QB in which he is rushing the front side.

1 Linebacker in the early rounds.

We need a linebacker who plays well in space, and can cover a Tight End, and be called on in blitz packages.

Possible Choices:

Sean Weatherspoon, Missouri

Daryl Washington, TCU

Dekoda Watson, Florida State

Sergio Kindle, Texas

Eric Norwood, South Carolina

1 Defensive Tackle in the Mid to late rounds.

We Need a DT we can develop and count on for additional depth, just in case Jerry does not come back strong.

Possible Choices:

Mike Neal, Purdue

Jeff Owens, Georgia

Kade Weston, Georgia

1 Cornerback in the Mid to Late Rounds.

This is an option to get either a taller corner to develop, and can play special teams possibly in the return game..

Possible Choices:

Akwasi Owusu-Ansah, Indiana of Pennsylvania

A.J. Jefferson, Fresno State

Myron Lewis, CB/FS, Vanderbilt

Patrick Stoudamire, Western Illinois

Crezdon Butler, Clemson

Well that is four picks on defense which not only fits our needs, but provides more depth.

1 Center in the early to Middle Rounds

We need a center for the future, who can play multiple positions on the line for depth.

Possible Choices:

Maurkice Pouncey, Florida

Matt Tennant, Boston College

Eric Olsen, Notre Dame

1 Guard or OT in the middle rounds to not only build depth, but be a future starter on the line. Think New Orleans Saints, and it was there O-Line who really won that Super Bowl for them protecting Brees.(We need to protect Ryan the same way)

Possible Choices:

Charles Brown, USC

Tony Washington, Abilene Christian

Kyle Calloway, Iowa

Mike Iupati, Idaho

Mitch Petrus, Arkansas

John Jerry, Ole Miss

Mike Johnson, Alabama

1 Wide Receiver in the middle to late rounds.

We need a receiver with pure speed, and who can develop as a kick returner, and push Jenkins for a future starting position.

Possible Choices:

Andre Roberts, The Citadel

Marcus Easley, Connecticut

Scott Long, Louisville

1 Tight End or Running Back (Take your choice) in the middle rounds.

We need a scat back, (Norwood is not) who catches the ball well, and we can run multiple packages similiar to a Percy Harvin type.

We need a Tight End to develop who has great hands, and can learn from the best. Mularky does love to run two tight end sets alot, which sucks when you only have one with great hands.

Possible Choices:

Dexter McCluster, Ole Miss

Joe McKnight, USC

MiQuale Lewis, Ball State

Brandon James, Florida

Jimmy Graham, Miami

Dennis Pitta, BYU

Garrett Graham, Wisconsin

Well that is eight picks or pieces to the Falcons Super Bowl Puzzle. I have extreme confidence in TD, and believe the first round pick will be Gold for us any way he chooses. It is the other picks that will make the real difference.

The safest picks in the first round would either be OLB Sean Weatherspoon or Offensive line choices.

Personally I would love if TD would make a trade with the Arizona Cardinals from 19th pick to 27th, and receive their first second round choice (Cardinals have two second round choices due to the Boldin trade. The Cardinals would love to trade up to get either Brandon Graham or Weatherspoon to help replace the loss of Dansby...

I would then go with either:

DE Everson Griffen USC

OT Charles Brown USC

C\G Maurice Pouncey Florida

G Mike Upati Idaho

OLB Daryl Washington TCU (Which is a little bit of a reach, But I think he fits our OLB needs better then Weatherspoon)

We would then have nine picks to play with:

TD could then play the real trading game to get the players he wants and fits the pieces of the puzzle!!

Our sack masters? You do realize that our leader in sacks was Babineaux don't you?

Abe could be on the downfall of his career.

Sidbury has not shown anything close to a "sack master"

Biermann is a good DE, but he as well has not been a "sack master"

And Graham doesn't fit there? He is very good against the run and some people (Mike Mayock) believe that he is even better against the run. So how again does he not fit?

Our sack masters? You do realize that our leader in sacks was Babineaux don't you?

And Graham doesn't fit there? He is very good against the run and some people (Mike Mayock) believe that he is even better against the run. So how again does he not fit?

Well lets see Clark, hmmmmm if you really watched the games last year.....Abe went from 16.5 sacks to a lot lower number due to the following:

first couple of games ABE looked great remember, then DT Jerry got hurt. Well ABE did not have the same collapse of the pocket after Jerry went down. Also how many times did you see ABE double teamed and held the rest of the year???

Graham is a great young player, but if you draft him he will be a RDE or a Linebacker. Graham actually fits the Steelers, Patriots, Cardinals better when it comes to scheme.

If the Falcons draft Graham, then I see them using him as a LDE against the run. Then move back into an LB Blitz package. The Falcons have said they wanted to use some 3-4 more.....If they do this then Graham fits better....Then next year they can move him to RDE to replace ABE.

Beerman is a very good rusher, and would compliment a 3-4

Sid has alot of upside and potential growth

If Graham is the pick expect alot more 3-4 defensive packages!!!

Technically Graham hasn't proven himself to be a "sack master" either. You are judging Sidbury waaaaay to quickly.

Well lets see Clark, hmmmmm if you really watched the games last year.....Abe went from 16.5 sacks to a lot lower number due to the following:

first couple of games ABE looked great remember, then DT Jerry got hurt. Well ABE did not have the same collapse of the pocket after Jerry went down. Also how many times did you see ABE double teamed and held the rest of the year???

Graham is a great young player, but if you draft him he will be a RDE or a Linebacker. Graham actually fits the Steelers, Patriots, Cardinals better when it comes to scheme.

If the Falcons draft Graham, then I see them using him as a LDE against the run. Then move back into an LB Blitz package. The Falcons have said they wanted to use some 3-4 more.....If they do this then Graham fits better....Then next year they can move him to RDE to replace ABE.

Beerman is a very good rusher, and would compliment a 3-4

Sid has alot of upside and potential growth

If Graham is the pick expect alot more 3-4 defensive packages!!!

We don't have a legitimate NT for 3-4 though.

Technically Graham hasn't proven himself to be a "sack master" either. You are judging Sidbury waaaaay to quickly.

I agree with G..............

I can find a Brandon Graham in the third or fourth round........compare the stats and combine

Brandon Graham, Michigan - Scouting Report

Height: 6-1. Weight: 268.

Projected 40 Time: 4.72.

Combine 40 Time: 4.69.

Benchx225: 31. Vertical: .

Projected Round (2010): Top 25 Pick.

3/2/10: Despite bulking up to 268 pounds, Brandon Graham ran an impressive 4.69 at the Combine. He also posted 31 reps of 225. It'll be very difficult for the Falcons to pass on him at No. 19.

1/22/10: Brandon Graham finished his senior campaign with an amazing 25 TFL and 9.5 sacks.

11/14/09: A projected solid right end or 3-4 linebacker in the NFL, Brandon Graham has 17 TFL and 6.5 sacks in 2009.

5/18/09: Brandon Graham finished the 2008 season with 20 TFL and 10 sacks.

11/16/08: It should be interesting to see if Ben Graham can run a 4.6 at the combine. If he does, he'll definitely turn some heads. Through nine games, Graham

Daniel Te'o-Nesheim, Washington

Height: 6-4. Weight: 267.

Projected 40 Time: 4.77.

Combine 40 Time: 4.72.

Pro Day 40 Time: 4.72.

Benchx225: 29. Vertical: 37.

Projected Round (2010): 4-5.

3/2/10: Daniel Te'o-Nesheim put on a good performance at the Combine. Despite bulking about from 250 to 263, Te'o-Nesheim ran a 4.72, benched 29 reps and had a vertical of 37 inches. And he's not some workout warrior; Te'o-Nesheim had 9.5 sacks in 2009, eight sacks in 2008 and 8.5 sacks in 2007.

1/22/10: Was impressive as a junior, and only improved himself in his senior year. Recorded 12.5 TFL and 9.5 sacks. A smart and crafty end who knows how to get to the quarterback.

2/12/09: Sure, no one can pronounce his name, but Daniel Te'o-Nesheim made his opponents pay with 11.5 TFL and eight sacks in 2008. He was an All-Pac 10 second-teamer.

7/30/08: Daniel Te'o-Nesheim (bet his school teachers had fun with that one) recorded 15 tackles for loss and 8.5 sacks as a sophomore. He was voted as Washington's defensive MVP.

We are in need of a LDE

Morgan

Pierre-Paul

Everson Griffen

Corey Wootton

We don't have a legitimate NT for 3-4 though.

G I agree and only think we would play a 3-4 as a change up defense to surprise other teams. But think about how Drew Brees seemed to struggle against 3-4 defenses.

Jerry could play some, or you could use a late pick like this to have DT depth and a NT candidate on the team.

Jay Ross, East Carolina

Height: 6-3. Weight: 313.

Projected 40 Time: 5.14.

Combine 40 Time: 5.11.

Benchx225: 30. Vertical: .

Projected Round (2009): 5-6.

1/24/10: Finished the year with 4.5 TFL and 1.5 sacks. Your basic mid-round nose tackle.

11/28/09: Has 35 tackles, three TFL, 1.5 sacks and a 49-yard fumble return for a touchdown. Jay Ross didn't look too bad running that one back on national TV.

2/14/09: Once again an All-Conference USA honorable mention, Jay Ross accumulated 48 tackles, 9.5 TFL and 4.5 sacks.

8/1/08: Jay Ross started 12 of East Carolina's 13 games as a sophomore. He registered 38 tackles, 4.5 tackles for loss and two sacks, earning himself a spot on the All-Conference USA honorable mention list.

so far td is 1 for 3 in the first round.

baker and jerry have been more injured than valuable so far. thats just the truth.

True, and I would agree......but to be a true Draft Master you rule when you draft strong in the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and fifth rounds........

I compare it to a Golf Game......all the big shots care about is the Big Drive from the tee shot (first Round)

You will either screw up royally, or hit a drive down the middle.

Now hitting your irons the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, fifth, rounds take true draft skills of research and work to understand how to get your ball on the green. Check out all the Best General Managers and their true success wil be who they found in those rounds. Joe Montana third round, etc,

Now the 6th and 7th rounds take patience, precision, and not giving in and thinking your score (Draft is complete)

Jamal Anderson would not have been a bad pick in the 4th or fifth round, but our GM then hit one major slice lol

Look at TDs picks in those rounds

Lofton

Decoud

Owens

Sidbury

Douglas

Jackson

Moore

I would say that TD is kind of conservative in his first round picks which tells me he would draft either Weatherspoon or trade back in the first round to pick up a second.

Ryan

Baker

Jerry

TD knows his middle game (Irons) very well and takes chances where he is most comfortable

TD's small weakness is his short game the 6th and 7th rounds

I either pick

Morgan or Weatherspoon or trade back in the first round..........pick up a second

so far td is 1 for 3 in the first round.

baker and jerry have been more injured than valuable so far. thats just the truth.

In terms of instant major impact? Yes.

However, the "final grade" isn't made after year 1 or 2. If Baker is still injured and not contributing after this year, then we can say he's a bust. If Jerry doesn't contribute any after next year, then you can say he's a bust.

Right now, TD is still ?/3 in my book. I think Ryan has more or self solidified himself as a huge success, but the jury is still out on the other two.