RB Jason Snelling

RB Jerious Norwood

OT Tyson Clabo

OG Harvey Dahl

OG Quinn Ojinnaka

CB Brent Grimes

Signed

CB Dunta Robinson, Texans

DE Charles Grant, Saints (veteran minimum contract)

K Shayne Graham, Bengals

Pre-Draft Trades

Lions acquire CB Chris Houston from Falcons for 2010 6th-rounder and exchange of 2010 5th-rounders.

Falcons Pre-Draft Selections

• 1-19)
  • 3-84)
  • 3-97/Comp)
  • 4-118)
  • 5-135/DET)
  • 5-168/Comp)
  • 6-174/DET)
  • 6-192)

NOTE: Draft Order Information Gained From Here.

2010 NFL Draft

Draft Day Trade

The Atlanta Falcons trade picks 84 and 19 (1045 pts) to the Arizona Cardinals for picks 26, 58, and 194 (1033.4 pts).

NOTE: Point Information Gained From Here.

Arizona Reasoning:
Bryant McFadden was a free-agent bust. They have a great corner in Rodgers-Cromartie, but they want a dominant duo. The Texans, one slot behind Atlanta and now without Dunta Robinson, look to be a reasonable destination for, the highly touted cornerback, Kyle Wilson. Arizona sees Wilson fall to 19, knows Atlanta has been looking to move down in the draft, and pulls the trigger on one of their highest rated prospects.

Atlanta Reasoning:
Atlanta has been looking for a way to regain a 2nd round selection. When Arizona made the call, the Falcons saw a good opportunity to gain a 2nd round selection, while only moving down 7 selections in the draft. Losing their 3rd round selection was a casualty, but their 3rd round compensatory selection made the move sensible.

Arizona's 1st Round Selection
1-19/ATL) "…Arizona selections Kyle Wilson, Cornerback out of Boise State University."
The Atlanta Falcons 2010 NFL Draft Selections

• 1-26/ARI) OLB Sean Weatherspoon, Missouri
  • Reasoning: By moving down in the draft, the Falcons were able to select Weatherspoon at a much better value. His Intelligence, Athleticism, Leadership, and Work Ethic are qualities Dimitroff and Company hope takes the Atlanta defense to the next level.
  • 2-58/ARI) OG Vladimir Ducasse, UMass
  • Reasoning: Although the Falcons like their current offensive line, injury struggles have caused concern. Ducasse is a large, athletic, smart, and "mean" lineman who has a lot of upside. He is also versatile enough to play tackle.
  • 3-97/Comp) OT Tony Washington, Abilene Christian
  • Reasoning: When Tony Washinton falls to the end of the 3rd round, the Falcons see even more opportunity to better their depth and future at the offensive line positions. He had a great college career and had terrific predraft workouts.
  • 4-118) DE Daniel Te'o-Nesheim, Washington
  • Reasoning: Te'o-Nesheim, a hard name to say, but that didn't stop Polamalu from becoming an impact player. Teams can never have enough pass rushers in their rotation, and the Falcons love Daniel's work ethic and upside.
  • 5-135/DET) TE Dennis Pitta, BYU
  • Reasoning: Pitta had a great college career and showed good athleticism at the combine. Atlanta takes a chance on Pitta and will give him a year to develop under Gonzalez, before they have to consider other options at tightend to replace Tony.
  • 5-168/Comp) WR Jordan Shipley, Texas
  • Reasoning: Shipley's injury concern and measureables drop him into the end of round 5, but his production is unquestionable. Product of a system? Can't cut it at an NFL level? The Falcons are willing to find out what the smallish wideout can do.
  • 6-174/DET) DE Brandon Sharpe, Texas Tech
  • Reasoning: Really came on strong at the end of his final season at Texas Tech. He's got a real talent for getting into the backfield and bringing down quarterbacks. Once again, no team complains about having too many pass-rushers. Abraham is definitely a fine role model to have around.
  • 6-192) C John Estes, Hawaii
  • Reasoning: An athletic and talented player who is trying to show that he can cut it in the NFL. The Falcons are willing to see how he fares, and add him to their lineup, to learn from the aging McClure.
  • 6-194/ARI)S Kyle McCarthy, Notre Dame
  • Reasoning: A captain on Notre Dame, McCarthy shows good ability and work ethic. Great value in the 6th round, he could surpass expectations or also become a great special teams asset.

Atlanta Falcons 2010 Season Roster (Players of Note)

NOTE: An asterisk (*) means the position is up for grabs and competition will be necessary.

QB Matt Ryan / Chris Redman / John Parker-Wilson

RB Michael Turner / Jerious Norwood / Jason Snelling

FB Ovie Mughelli

1WR Roddy White

*2WR Michael Jenkins

SWR Harry Douglas / Brian Finneran / Jordan Shipley / Eric Weems

TE Tony Gonzalez / Justin Peele / Dennis Pitta

LT Sam Baker / Will Svitek

LG Justin Blalock / Quinn Ojinnaka

C Todd McClure / Brett Romberg / John Estes

*RG Harvey Dahl / Vladimir Ducasse

*RT Tyson Clabo / Tony Washington

*LE Kroy Biermann / Charles Grant / Lawrence Sidbury / Chauncey Davis

UT Jonathan Babineaux / Tommy Johnson

NT Peria Jerry / Trey Lewis

RE John Abraham / Daniel Te'o-Nesheim / Brandon Sharpe

*SLB Stephen Nicholas / Spencer Adkins

MLB Curtis Lofton / Coy Wire

*WLB Sean Weatherspoon / Mike Peterson

LCB Dunta Robinson

*RCB Brent Grimes / Chris Owens / Tye Hill / Chevis Jackson

*NCB Brian Williams

FS Thomas DeCoud / Kyle McCarthy

*SS Erik Coleman / William Moore

K Shayne Graham

P Michael Koenen

LS Joe Zelenka

Edited by falconblood

Never seen anyone else have a problem with it, so must be you.

With that said, I like the work you put into this and all but I'm not sure I like the draft overall. +1 for effort.

Ha. Thanks for the +1 for effort.. I dunno.. It's all with font sizes 2 and 3.. :P

well thought out but i dont see pitta lasting till the 5th. i know he is older but he was productive in school and had a good combine. i see him goin 3-4 round.

This is definitely a best case scenario, in terms of people dropping.. It all depends on TE runs.. But I can see him going earlier for sure!

1. I hate seeing mocks with trades. Every one of them has some trade that will never happen. Just saying.

2. Shipley won't be there in the 5th.

3. Tony Washington should be an UDFA. And we probably won't touch him. (Google him)

1. I love doing mocks with trades. Every one of them has a trade that probably won't happen, but I try and make it .01% possible. Just sayin.

2. I've seen numerous sites, including Walter Football that gives him a 4-5 round grade. It all depends on WR runs. But I think he could certainly go earlier!

3. I know his story. I think he's sorry and he was an adolescent. I mean, it's quite possible he won't be drafted by us, but dude's gettin' drafted. He's on good terms with his sister.

"

Clever on the trade situation. If Wilson is on the board by 20, you can almost guarantee that the Texans will be after him. I like it."

Ha. Thanks!

Edited by falconblood

I'll still say any team with jenkins lining up will not be going to the superbowl!!!! He's slow,and predictable.If I had had a quarter everytime ryan had to throw it away last season,I'd be a millionare.Season after season of below average playing,yet he still seems to return every year.Personally I'd like to see Dez Bryant come to Atlanta,but I know that will never happen.The time to add another explosive wr is now!!!!!!!While we still have the likes of turner,white,and Gonzalez in the lineup.My main concern will be that one,if not all of them will be gone by the time jenkins is dropped.Yes I know defense can win games,but that's only if the offense is putting points on the board!