With all the talk of the Falcons NFCS supremacy.......

hog85

At what position or group, if you so choose, are the Falcons better than the Saints?

I am a Saints fan, but am very realistic about the goings on of the NFCS.

I've seen numerous threads lately about the overall talent of the Falcons being the best in the NFL much less the NFCS. Are you serious?

I'll just start this off with the QB position.... I do think some day that Matt Ryan will be a very good QB. However, at this time, he's not even top 10 in the league. I really think all realistic Falcons fans will agree with this.

My top 10 or more ahead of Ryan ... in no particular order

Roethlisberger

Palmer

Brady

Schaub

P.Manning

Rivers

Romo

McNabb

E. Manning

Brees

Cutler

Rodgers

Farve

I don't think anyone can truly argue any of these ahead of Ryan.

The only positions I see that you might have an advantage..

Michael Turner might and I mean might be better than Thomas, but as a group.... no comparison.

Roddy White and Meachem are close talent wise, as for the group....same arguement.

OL....no way.

TE....Gonzo is better than Shockey, but throw Thomas in there and not even close.

DL... Will Smith is a beast. I don't want to hear about Jerry.... Didn't he play like 10 mins last year? Babineaux is very good.

LB's.... Vilma is better than your best, but your group is better.

DB's.... Not even close.

Punter... even

PK.... We have the new Vinatieri....lol

Just trying to make an honest evaluation.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You have reason to come in here beating your chest, yes. You are super bowl champs. Way to go.

First, who is saying the Falcons are better than the Saints?

Second, Turner might be better than Thomas? Cmon, come talk to us when he has a 1700 yard season. RB corps as a whole? you think you are better? Turner, Norwood, Snelling. period.

Third, Cutler?

Fourth, DB's not even close? I can see the wrinkles on your DBs face from here. We are young and getting better, you are old and getting older.

Fifth, as mentioned before, who is saying we are better? We are still building, you should watch when you come around pounding your chest. We will be a **** sight better than the Saints in the next few years, MARK MY WORDS!! ^_^

Name the 5. Can't do it can you? Age has nothing to do with it. Rogers has played just as much as him and he's a far superior QB.

Age has nothing to do with it? Are you serious. Go back and check your boy Brees record when he was "young" - look at his first 2 years and then get back to me.

Falcon fans think their team is going to control the South for the next few years.

Saint fans think their team is going to control the South for the next few years.

Buc fans think their team is going to control the South for the next few years.

The Panthers are going to control the South for the next few years.

Falcon fans think their team is going to control the South for the next few years.

Saint fans think their team is going to control the South for the next few years.

That was funny - true - mostly true (except the last line of course) - but still funny

too vague, let me clear this up

Ryan is better than Cutler!

right now brees is better than ryan, but Brees is a one hit wonder.

Recievers falcons

RBs definitely falcon. Reggie is a b itch

OL saints

DBs saints slightly better

LBs falcons

Punter falcons

F uck your coach

Name the 5. Can't do it can you? Age has nothing to do with it. Rogers has played just as much as him and he's a far superior QB.

OK %^*() BaG shaub,romo the homo,old ba&ls McNabb,cry BABY CUTLER,Eli my brother is better Manning and i Bet Tom Brady chokes next year so why don't you go play hide and go F@#K yourself

I like your dedication man. I do. You never talk real trash, its always lighthearted. But, cmon. I will buy you a bojangles chicken biscuit if the Panthers control the south for the next few years. ^_^

OK %^*() BaG shaub,romo the homo,old ba&ls McNabb,cry BABY CUTLER,Eli my brother is better Manning and i Bet Tom Brady chokes next year so why don't you go play hide and go F@#K yourself

Come on....admit it... you wish you still had Schaub. I know you do...

Matt Ryan has only completed 2 NFL seasons. Both seasons ended with winning records. A playoff appearance in his rookie year.

Drew Brees was so awful in his first 3 seasons that the Chargers drafted Eli and then traded him for Philip Rivers to replace Brees. The following season the light bulb went off for him.

Eli Manning was horrible in his first few years.

Cutler has yet to have a winning season.

Palmer is a decent quarterback but he appears to have regressed since he went down with the knee injury and has lost zip on his throws.

Rodgers has completed 5 NFL seasons. His first full season (2008) he went 6-10. Oh guess who beat him that year? Matt Ryan and the Falcons.

Schaub just completed 6 NFL seasons and just finished his 3rd season as a starter. How did the Texans do with him in his first season as a starter? He did so good that he lost to Joey Harrington and the miserable 2007 Falcons.

Romo and McNabb both are good quarterbacks but have both had their ups and downs.

P. Manning, Brady, Roethisberger, and Farve.... nothing needs to be said. They have proved themselves since day 1. Some say Ryan has been proving himself since day 1 as well. Time will tell.

Edited by KANE337

I dont know what criteria you are using for your "10 better than Ryan" list but I will say this....

If you gave me the option and the power to switch Ryan for any of the QB's on your list, right now, as they are today and not when they were younger, I would be hard pressed to select one that I would want on my team right now more than Ryan.

Several of those "great" QB's are spiraling downward in their careers. Some are up and comers. Some just stink.

I'll stick with my bird in the hand over the guy who hands off to Bush.

Ryan's potential has yet to be fully tapped. This is his breakout year. We know you're scared and I cant say that I blame ya.

Matt Ryan has only completed 2 NFL seasons. Both seasons ended with winning records. A playoff appearance in his rookie year.

Drew Brees was so awful in his first 3 seasons that the Chargers drafted Eli and then traded him for Philip Rivers to replace Brees. The following season the light bulb went off for him.

Eli Manning was horrible in his first few years.

Cutler has yet to have a winning season.

Palmer is a decent quarterback but he appears to have regressed since he went down with the knee injury and has lost zip on his throws.

Rodgers has completed 5 NFL seasons. His first full season (2008) he went 6-10. Oh guess who beat him that year? Matt Ryan and the Falcons.

Schaub just completed 6 NFL seasons and just finished his 3rd season as a starter. How did the Texans do with him in his first season as a starter? He did so good that he lost to Joey Harrington and the miserable 2007 Falcons.

Romo and McNabb both are good quarterbacks but have both had their ups and downs.

P. Manning, Brady, Roethisberger, and Farve.... nothing needs to be said. They have proved themselves since day 1. Some say Ryan has been proving himself since day 1 as well. Time will tell.

you, sir, are correct

The Saints need to pick up a safety possibly with Sharper in the market and hobblying around, Fujita, Charles Grant (who is in decline anyway but they are looking at a 36yr old Leonard Little to replace him), and Mike Bell (part of the 3 headed running attack that the parts are not as great as their sum). If the Falcons get the right DE and OLB Brees will have his work cut out for him considering Jerry will be back to push in the middle not to mention the Falcons rushing defense finished at #10. For two games each season your running attack will be known as the 3 headed whimper.

You have jay cutler there??? Are you serious??

He hasn't been in the playoffs and I don't think he's ever had a winning season

Wow for a saint fan you are ********

I think you're mistaken. All Saint fans are ********. It's the reason they keep getting lost and ending up on this board.

All true panther fan except for the last statement. Funny though...

I like your dedication man. I do. You never talk real trash, its always lighthearted. But, cmon. I will buy you a bojangles chicken biscuit if the Panthers control the south for the next few years. ^_^

:lol:

The Saints need to pick up a safety possibly with Sharper in the market and hobblying around, Fujita, Charles Grant (who is in decline anyway but they are looking at a 36yr old Leonard Little to replace him), and Mike Bell (part of the 3 headed running attack that the parts are not as great as their sum). If the Falcons get the right DE and OLB Brees will have his work cut out for him considering Jerry will be back to push in the middle not to mention the Falcons rushing defense finished at #10. For two games each season your running attack will be known as the 3 headed whimper.

It doesnt matter who you have brees has the falcons number. He was the reason for the two victories this season. Although pt had a good game the first time we played you guys this year the running game was non existant the second time. Brees was solid. It will be hard fought as usual though.

At what position or group, if you so choose, are the Falcons better than the Saints?

I am a Saints fan, but am very realistic about the goings on of the NFCS.

I've seen numerous threads lately about the overall talent of the Falcons being the best in the NFL much less the NFCS. Are you serious?

I'll just start this off with the QB position.... I do think some day that Matt Ryan will be a very good QB. However, at this time, he's not even top 10 in the league. I really think all realistic Falcons fans will agree with this.

My top 10 or more ahead of Ryan ... in no particular order

Roethlisberger

Palmer

Brady

Schaub

P.Manning

Rivers

Romo

McNabb

E. Manning

Brees

Cutler

Rodgers

Farve

I don't think anyone can truly argue any of these ahead of Ryan.

The only positions I see that you might have an advantage..

Michael Turner might and I mean might be better than Thomas, but as a group.... no comparison.

Roddy White and Meachem are close talent wise, as for the group....same arguement.

OL....no way.

TE....Gonzo is better than Shockey, but throw Thomas in there and not even close.

DL... Will Smith is a beast. I don't want to hear about Jerry.... Didn't he play like 10 mins last year? Babineaux is very good.

LB's.... Vilma is better than your best, but your group is better.

DB's.... Not even close.

Punter... even

PK.... We have the new Vinatieri....lol

Just trying to make an honest evaluation.

save-while-l.jpg

I think it's time for your medicine you senile aint's fan.