2010 53 Man Roster

Beef

1st string / 2nd string / 3rd string / (draft pick)

QB: Ryan / Redman / JPW

WR: White

FL: Jenkins / (4-Cooper) / Finn

Slot: HD / Weems / (5-Ford - also becomes the KR)

TE: Gonzo / Peelle / Zinger (we might draft here also)

RB: Turner / Snelling

RB: Norwood

FB: Mughelli

LT: Baker / Svitek

LG: Blalock / (3-Jerry)

C: McClure / (3c-Tennant)

RG: Dahl / Ojinnaka

RT: Clabo / Valdez (we might draft here also)

LS: Zelenka

-------------------------------------------------

LDE: Biermann / Davis (we might draft here also)

LDT: Babs / Lewis (we might draft here also)

RDT: Jerry / Johnson

RDE: Abe / Sidbury

WLB: (1-Spoon) / Peterson

MLB: Lofton / Adkins

SLB: Nicholas / Wire

SS: Moore / Coleman

FS: DeCoud (Moore will platoon here too)

NCB: Grimes (Williams will platoon here too)

LCB: Owens / Williams / Jackson

RCB: Robinson / Hill

K: Bryant (unless we draft here)

P: Koenan

================================================

People I'm uncertain about but believe they would still be there if the roster was being set this moment are Weems, Peelle, Zinger, Finn, Lewis, Johnson, Adkins, Wire, Jackson, & Hill. Any of those guy's future on the 53 is in jeopardy IMO, but most will still make it unless some crazy FA deal or trade happens.

The other big obvious missing person is JA98. I honestly think he won't make it on the 53 unless one of the others is hurt. And I still think they want to trade him badly, which will hopefully happen in the coming weeks.

Obviously I've left out a few picks to (5c, 6, & 6) because it's simply too hard to try to figure out what might come out of those rounds. And either way, I don't see anyone from those rounds, except maybe a kicker, replacing any name I've listed.

Bottom line though for me is that our starters look like top 10 in the league on both sides. And our depth looks like top 5. Heck, literally HALF our depth started last year for goodness sakes & we still had a winning record & above average ranked stats (except for passing coverage & sacks). The amount of telent that's listed above is what the vast majority of teams in this league dream about. This is a SB team this year folks. I hope you're ready for it.

Edited by Beef Jerky

my only real problem is Jacoby Ford. He isnt a very good WR prospect IMO. He is fast, but not quick, and isnt shifty. He is a straight line runner, and unless we do alot of streaks with him in I dont think he will do much.

If we take a mid-late WR, I like Andre Roberts from the Citadel. He isnt as fast (4.4x) but is a great route runner and has glue on his hands. He is also a good KR and could compete w Weems for the #5 WR spot.

overall, I dont have much of a problem with it though.

Yeah I totally forgot about Finn too. Had to add him back in & drop OL Reynolds, which actually makes sense I guess.

But I agree, Cooper & Ford are completely hypotheticals. If McCluster is there, I'd much rather see him than Ford, for instance. Gettis might be a better pick than Cooper too. I just like Cooper because the dude has a great attitude, runs great routes, & catches everything. I mean, he really helped Tebow look like a MUCH better passer than he really is. I gotta give him credit for helping "college's greatest player" get that label.

1st string / 2nd string / 3rd string / (draft pick)

QB: Ryan / Redman / JPW

WR: White

FL: Jenkins / (4-Cooper) / Finn

Slot: HD / Weems / (5-Ford - also becomes the KR)

TE: Gonzo / Peelle / Zinger (we might draft here also)

RB: Turner / Snelling

RB: Norwood

FB: Mughelli

LT: Baker / Svitek

LG: Blalock / (3-Jerry)

C: McClure / (3c-Tennant)

RG: Dahl / Ojinnaka

RT: Clabo / Valdez (we might draft here also)

LS: Zelenka

-------------------------------------------------

LDE: Biermann / Davis (we might draft here also)

LDT: Babs / Lewis (we might draft here also)

RDT: Jerry / Johnson

RDE: Abe / Sidbury

WLB: (1-Spoon) / Peterson

MLB: Lofton / Adkins

SLB: Nicholas / Wire

SS: Moore / Coleman

FS: DeCoud (Moore will platoon here too)

NCB: Grimes (Williams will platoon here too)

LCB: Owens / Williams / Jackson

RCB: Robinson / Hill

K: Bryant (unless we draft here)

P: Koenan

================================================

People I'm uncertain about but believe they would still be there if the roster was being set this moment are Weems, Peelle, Zinger, Finn, Lewis, Johnson, Adkins, Wire, Jackson, & Hill. Any of those guy's future on the 53 is in jeopardy IMO, but most will still make it unless some crazy FA deal or trade happens.

The other big obvious missing person is JA98. I honestly think he won't make it on the 53 unless one of the others is hurt. And I still think they want to trade him badly, which will hopefully happen in the coming weeks.

Obviously I've left out a few picks to (5c, 6, & 6) because it's simply too hard to try to figure out what might come out of those rounds. And either way, I don't see anyone from those rounds, except maybe a kicker, replacing any name I've listed.

Bottom line though for me is that our starters look like top 10 in the league on both sides. And our depth looks like top 5. Heck, literally HALF our depth started last year for goodness sakes & we still had a winning record & above average ranked stats (except for passing coverage & sacks). The amount of telent that's listed above is what the vast majority of teams in this league dream about. This is a SB team this year folks. I hope you're ready for it.

Reynolds will be backing up Clabo

Valdez will be backing up Dahl.

Other than that I like what I see, especially Spoon!!!

Reynolds will be backing up Clabo

Valdez will be backing up Dahl.

Other than that I like what I see, especially Spoon!!!

Valdez is the better of the 2 & Ojinnaka is the better of the 3. And if we pick up Jerry (6'6" 340lbs), he will surely backup Blalock, force Valdez behind Clabo & Oj behind Dahl.

Didn't Oj start for Dahl when he went down last year?

You have us taking a WR in two consecutive rounds but not addressing the pass rush at all? Wow.

Here's my take on this....

Our pass rush was bad last year because PJ, Williams, & Moore were injured, & we had atypical second string CB's starting with atypical third stringers backing them up, plus Peterson is a big liability on pass coverage.

With the addition of D-Rob & IMO upgrading WLB with Spoon (replacing Peterson), & the obvious return of 3 injured starters, our pass rush has been addressed. Our depth is insanely better at every position. We can rotate 2nd string players in without taking hardly any dip in productivity. This gives starters a much needed rest much more often. And when the opposing offense is starting to get fatigued, we're still playing at full speed. This is by far the biggest improvement that will have the greatest effect on our pass rush.

If you think adding Morgan or Graham & leaving Peterson there is more effective than keeping Biermann/Davis/Sidbury rotating DE & replacing Peterson with Spoon who can actually get sacks, tackle in the middle, & cover better, then you're a bit diluded.

I'll be honest with you, I think Jenkins is a fine #2, way better than people give him credit for. I don't think we need 2 rookie WR's. But after Spoon, Jerry, & Tennant, I can't really think of anything else we need that would improve what's already there. So I just put WR's there for the sake of depth, possibly finding a sleeper, & possibly finding a KR that's better than Weems.

Edited by Beef Jerky

Why in the world would we keep Tye Hill???? He has been far and away the worst corner on this team and blaming his time with the team is just an excuse for the guy is an idiot and can't pick up how to cover anyone.

Not even the worst team in the NFL wanted to keep him anymore.

Yeah, I have him as one of the guys on the list to possibly be in jeopardy & I agree with you. Maybe slide Jackson in his spot for 2nd behind D-Rob. Not a big deal.

Here's my take on this....

Our pass rush was bad last year because PJ, Williams, & Moore were injured, & we had atypical second string CB's starting with atypical third stringers backing them up, plus Peterson is a big liability on pass coverage.

With the addition of D-Rob & IMO upgrading WLB with Spoon (replacing Peterson), & the obvious return of 3 injured starters, our pass rush has been addressed. Our depth is insanely better at every position. We can rotate 2nd string players in without taking hardly any dip in productivity. This gives starters a much needed rest much more often. And when the opposing offense is starting to get fatigued, we're still playing at full speed. This is by far the biggest improvement that will have the greatest effect on our pass rush.

If you think adding Morgan or Graham & leaving Peterson there is more effective than keeping Biermann/Davis/Sidbury rotating DE & replacing Peterson with Spoon who can actually get sacks, tackle in the middle, & cover better, then you're a bit diluded.

I'll be honest with you, I think Jenkins is a fine #2, way better than people give him credit for. I don't think we need 2 rookie WR's. But after Spoon, Jerry, & Tennant, I can't really think of anything else we need that would improve what's already there. So I just put WR's there for the sake of depth, possibly finding a sleeper, & possibly finding a KR that's better than Weems.

We clearly need to address the defensive end spot. I don't care what safety is coming back because Coleman had himself a good year so that doesn't affect anything in the pass rush, our corners are looking good now but with the QB having 35623462364 years to throw isn't going to make them look very good, and addressing the LB is a must do this offseason, but we can get one. Spoon isn't a bad pick, but we HAVE to address DE somewhere. If you can't get pressure from your front four, you aren't going to get pressure from your front seven because blockers will be able to come off those D-lineman to take out the LBers. We don't even need a receiver in my opinion (although I want to see one taken somewhere in the middle rounds), let alone TWO. Change one of those WRs to a quality DE, and it's not so bad.

We clearly need to address the defensive end spot. I don't care what safety is coming back because Coleman had himself a good year so that doesn't affect anything in the pass rush, our corners are looking good now but with the QB having 35623462364 years to throw isn't going to make them look very good, and addressing the LB is a must do this offseason, but we can get one. Spoon isn't a bad pick, but we HAVE to address DE somewhere. If you can't get pressure from your front four, you aren't going to get pressure from your front seven because blockers will be able to come off those D-lineman to take out the LBers. We don't even need a receiver in my opinion (although I want to see one taken somewhere in the middle rounds), let alone TWO. Change one of those WRs to a quality DE, and it's not so bad.

You might be right. They might pick a DE. I just hope it's not before OLB, OG, & C. And like I said, even if they took Morgan in the first, he's not going to be more productive than Biermann/Davis/Sidbury this year.

With PJ back, an improved secondary, & incredibly better depth, we will have MUCH better pass rush simply by default. A rookie DE simply isn't going to improve anything until maybe next year or the year after. Meanwhile, we can win a SB THIS YEAR. So the logical picks are ones that are immediate upgrades to really any position at this point. If you can win an SB this year, you take it. You don't draft for next year if it's a real possibility this year. That's all I'm saying.

Edited by Beef Jerky

Moore is not taking Coleman's spot. Coleman is a proven veteran who is still playing great. Why ditch him for someone who may be our leader in the future if he isn't playing bad. I hate this the most when people predict next year. It's so sad that everyone don't see this.

Moore is not taking Coleman's spot. Coleman is a proven veteran who is still playing great. Why ditch him for someone who may be our leader in the future if he isn't playing bad. I hate this the most when people predict next year. It's so sad that everyone don't see this.

He's on my 53. If he starts over Moore, no big deal to me. I'll let the coaches decide that. Same goes for really everyone I got listed. More than anything, I just wanted to toss out my 53.

He's on my 53. If he starts over Moore, no big deal to me. I'll let the coaches decide that. Same goes for really everyone I got listed. More than anything, I just wanted to toss out my 53.

No worries man, just saying that Coleman is our guy until we get rid of him.

You might be right. They might pick a DE. I just hope it's not before OLB, OG, & C. And like I said, even if they took Morgan in the first, he's not going to be more productive than Biermann/Davis/Sidbury this year.

We have ourselves a fortune teller on our hands. You can't say that for sure man. Sure, the odds are against him, but you can't just come here and say that. You can't guarantee that Spoon will be an upgrade this year either.

This is the position battle that I am really looking forward to hearing about in camp. I think im in the minority of people who likes Coleman. I think Moore has awesome potential. Torn on the position. Decoud and Moore, awesome. Decoud and Coleman, eh, Im ok with that.