Guys...we definately need to keep the O-line in mind during the draft!

E. T.

Lack of good depth & injuries to 2 starters was the problem. Platooning Svitek w/ Ojinnaka & having to leave Clabo & Blalock in there too long much of the time was a terrible situation to be in. Then when Dahl went down, it got even worse.

This year we got 1st year guys Valdez & Reynolds who are monsters & should be excellent backups. And with Baker & Dahl back, we've easily got a top 5 starting OL. Then we draft Jerry (3) & Tennant (4) & our depth becomes top 5 as well. Svitek, Ojinnaka, Valdez, Reynolds, Romberg, Bruggman, Jerry, & Tennant would be outragously good depth behind Baker, Blalock, McClure, Dahl, & Clabo. And oh yeah, our TE's & backs are pretty good blockers too.

Staying healthy is the key but it shouldn't be so detrimental this year if someone goes down. There's no question we get at least an OG & C in this draft. Possibly even a RT in the 6th if there's anyone decent, which is possible with how crazy deep this draft is this year.

Edited by Beef Jerky

Svitek, Ojinnaka, Valdez, Reynolds, Romberg, Bruggman, Jerry, & Tennant would be outragously good depth behind Baker, Blalock, McClure, Dahl, & Clabo.

I count 13 there, in 08 & in 09 the Falcons only carried 9 OL on the 53 man roster.

The number on the PS varied

YES they need upgrades at some of the starting positions, they need to develop a replacement for McClure, and they need Quality depth. There were 3/4 UFA that I thought they should have tried to get but it's too late they have all signed elsewhere.

Edited by delaigle

On Sept. 5th, I guarantee you we have 11 OL's on the 53. If we do pickup a good rookie C & OG (and we really have to), Romberg & Bruggman will get left off. Valdez & Reynolds are beasts & Svitek & Ojinnaka filled in pretty good for Baker & Dahl when called upon last year. There was definitely a dip in protection & a huge dip in the run game, but that's what happens when 2nd stringers are rotating with 3rd stringers & rookies.

If you check out the existing roster, there's 64 names listed. I can easily pick out 14 that won't make it. Then it's a toss up for guys like Walker, Peelle, JA98, & maybe even Adkins depending on who we draft.

On Sept. 5th, I guarantee you we have 11 OL's on the 53. If we do pickup a good rookie C & OG (and we really have to), Romberg & Bruggman will get left off. Valdez & Reynolds are beasts & Svitek & Ojinnaka filled in pretty good for Baker & Dahl when called upon last year. There was definitely a dip in protection & a huge dip in the run game, but that's what happens when 2nd stringers are rotating with 3rd stringers & rookies.

If you check out the existing roster, there's 64 names listed. I can easily pick out 14 that won't make it. Then it's a toss up for guys like Walker, Peelle, JA98, & maybe even Adkins depending on who we draft.

Do not forget to cut 3/4 more to make room for the draftees!

Sure some of those guys may not make the final 53 but someone else will at their position

At the original 53 the break down has been as follows (during the year it changes with injuries)

DE 5

DT 4

LB 6

CB 5 or 6

S 5 or 4

Special teams 3

WR 5

OT 4

OG 3

C 2

QB 3

RB 3

FB 1 or 2

TE 4 or 3

Where/who do you cut back in order to make room for more OL?

You could cut LBs back to 5 since Peterson & Wire can play all 3 LB positions

You could cut FB back to 1 since Snelling can back up Ovie but then only 3 TE

I just believe they will stick with 9 OL

Edited by delaigle