Sean Weatherspoon twitter

atljbo

lol he did a terrible job disguising that. the bucs and falcons are the only 2 with top 20 picks and the bucs pick at 3 (won't be taking him).

glad to know we're working him out early though. i think it'll come down to him graham and possibly morgan if he's still around.

and he sounds wayyyy too excited if he was working with the bucs..

lol he did a terrible job disguising that. the bucs and falcons are the only 2 with top 20 picks and the bucs pick at 3 (won't be taking him).

glad to know we're working him out early though. i think it'll come down to him graham and possibly morgan if he's still around.

A really terrible job...lol... He had to know that... But yea.. We talked to the guy at the Senior bowl, Combine (he said a couple of times), and now private visit.... This is what TD does when he is interested.... I remember William Moore saying that he talked to the Falcons allot.. So did Chris Owens

I honestly believe we should take him with our 19th pick and look at Greg Hardy with our 3rd or 4th round pick. I know Greg Hardy has been hit with the injury bug but alot of that stuff he could not prevent. I remember Mayock saying he was in a car accident that re-injured the same body part... I say all this to say that We could grab a DE later and take Weatherspoon. He is the perfect for us and he is the type of player we need on this Defense...

A really terrible job...lol... He had to know that... But yea.. We talked to the guy at the Senior bowl, Combine (he said a couple of times), and now private visit.... This is what TD does when he is interested.... I remember William Moore saying that he talked to the Falcons allot.. So did Chris Owens

Morgan and Weatherspoon... that's a good coin flip lol.

I wouldn't discount the idea that TD talked to William Moore, trying to find out about things like motivation, off-field interests, etc.. trying to determine how motivated he is to succeed, etc...

I honestly believe we should take him with our 19th pick and look at Greg Hardy with our 3rd or 4th round pick. I know Greg Hardy has been hit with the injury bug but alot of that stuff he could not prevent. I remember Mayock saying he was in a car accident that re-injured the same body part... I say all this to say that We could grab a DE later and take Weatherspoon. He is the perfect for us and he is the type of player we need on this Defense...

I don't like Greg Hardy. Talented, but inconsistent effort. When you add that to the fact that he has a lot of off the field interests, like painting, art, etc... I have heard that football people question whether he loves football. Man, as rough as it is, you gotta love it.

If we take Spoon which I want very badly then what does that mean about our D-line?

It would actually make me even more excited about our D-line because that means the coaches have seen something they like and feel comfortable about with our D-line. We know when Peria comes back he will be the starter so does this mean Kroy would actually get a shot to start? Man I hope so.

If we take Spoon which I want very badly then what does that mean about our D-line?

It would actually make me even more excited about our D-line because that means the coaches have seen something they like and feel comfortable about with our D-line. We know when Peria comes back he will be the starter so does this mean Kroy would actually get a shot to start? Man I hope so.

Shhhhh don't do that bro they still think we need another DE for the fourth straight year!

Shhhhh don't do that bro they still think we need another DE for the fourth straight year!

I know some are in denial about us not needing a DE but I hope so bad that Kroy gets his shot and plays very well. I have argued and argued that Kroy should get his shot but people just want to say he cant play the run or he's a situational pass rusher. But when a 2nd year guy from Montana has 5 sacks a forced fumble and 49 tackles I think he needs his shot. I for one think he can be a force beside Peria.

I don't like Greg Hardy. Talented, but inconsistent effort. When you add that to the fact that he has a lot of off the field interests, like painting, art, etc... I have heard that football people question whether he loves football. Man, as rough as it is, you gotta love it.

I guess you're saying that in this case, Hardy doesn't show the right levels of motivation, so fair enough, but generally speaking, as long as when you're on the field you are totally focused, and you have the work ethic to train hard and improve, I'm not sure that having other interests is a particularly bad thing! In fact I think it's quite refreshing that someone is able to detach themselves from their job and appreciate other stuff.

On a similar point, my main hope in the draft is that we don't get Carlos Dunlap - it makes it so much harder to cheer on a player when you know that they're probably not the sort of character you would like off the field...

Hardy is terribad. I don't want him in Atlanta, not even as a comp 7th round pick. I'd take him as an undrafted rookie free agent, but other than that. He's way too bad. He shows flashes, but as a coach once said, "your potential is going to get me fired" that's all Hardy is, he would cost us far too much, and doesn't offer an upgrade to the players we already have on the roster.

Amen!

Hardy is terribad. I don't want him in Atlanta, not even as a comp 7th round pick. I'd take him as an undrafted rookie free agent, but other than that. He's way too bad. He shows flashes, but as a coach once said, "your potential is going to get me fired" that's all Hardy is, he would cost us far too much, and doesn't offer an upgrade to the players we already have on the roster.

I would take Hardy in the 4th if we choose to address other position in the 1st. I think that Coach Smith and TD are pretty secure in regards to job security that they can take a risk on Hardy in the 4th. I aslo like Austin Lane in the 3rd or 4th.

Edited by Jaymadd

Bad? He had 10 sacks and 18.5 TFL in 2007. In 2008, he had 8.5 sacks and 9.5 TFL in only 9 games....all while dealing with some nagging injuries.

When Hardy has been on the field, he has produced. He isn't like Michael Johnson or somebody with just good workout numbers. He actually earned the hype that had him rated as a top 15 pick.

The ONLY concern I have is his injury problems. Grabbing him in the 3rd would be great imo.

IF we had to use a 1st on him, then I definitely would say no, but a 3rd round pick doesn't have near the expectations that a 1st rounder does.