What are your most memorable

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine was actually mmeting Ted Turner when he owned the Hawks on the floor of the Omni for a Hawks- Buffalo Braves game back in 1977. I had courtside seats and Turner came by, stopped, and said to me and my brother-in-law, "you guys having a good time"? He had obviously enjoyed a few adult beverages and was in a good mood. We talked for a couple of minutes and then he told us how he was glad we came.

No wonder the guy is a billionaire. He knew how to smooze.

i was simply answering the OPs question -_-

yeah I know man. Plus atleast you are respectful about it. :lol: Lord knows if my Birds won it all I would be on the saints board right now talking as much **** as possible :lol:

Edited by Ryan2DouglasTD

the Aints have a board?

I thought it got shut down back in 06'?

the official board did but im sure they have some spinoff boards like this one does.

F up D.

Remember when the Big Unit hit that bird?

Or when Pinkston ducked that TD pass.

That bomb Vick threw to I think Jefferson like 60 yards off his back foot.

Johnson hitting that bird was unreal

yeah I know man. Plus atleast you are respectful about it. :lol: Lord knows if my Birds won it all I would be on the saints board right now talking as much **** as possible :lol:

that isn't me really. it isn't like you all don't know it and to be honest it feels so damned good already that it wouldn't make me feel any better to talk **** about it. I am stuck here at work and am going to watch the Super Bowl again for the upteenth time

oh man, DEFINITELY Lorenzo Charles grabbing Derrick Wittenbergs long shot attempt and slamming it down over Houston for the NCAA championship.

That whole tournament had me at wit's end there were so many close games for State.

not to mention the ones in the ACC tourney that they had to win just to get in.

R I P Jimmy V

And of course my Boy's Super Bowls, but they all were a whole lot less surprising than State's run that year.

oh man, DEFINITELY Lorenzo Charles grabbing Derrick Wittenbergs long shot attempt and slamming it down over Houston for the NCAA championship.

That whole tournament had me at wit's end there were so many close games for State.

R I P Jimmy V

i think this is in my top 3 if not my #1....

jimmy V was awesome

"20 years of trying, 20 years of frustration-Dale Earnhardt comes to the flag to win the Daytona 500!" Saw Dale lose this race by running out of gas, blowing a tire with a 1/4 mile to go, wrecked on the last laps, heck even a seagull took his car out one year. This one was sweet and I admit I had tears in my eyes.

D.Earnhardt.510.jpg

1) Miracle on Ice (Still can get chills thinking about that)

2) Duke v UK in the tournament in 87 or 88, I think

3) Buster Douglas KO'ing Mike Tyson

4) Boise v Oklahoma (all the trick plays)

5) Holyfield beating Tyson (I always said he would whip Iron Mike)

6) Falcons beating Minnesota to go to the Super Bowl

7) Reggie Jackson hitting 3 home runs off of three different pitchers in the series

8) Dave Parker throwing out 2 players(I think) at home in the all-star game. Rocket arm.

9) Michael Jordan going off against Byrd and the Celtics in the playoffs (63 points??)

10) Big George Foreman knocking out Michael Moorer

11) The first time I ever watched a UFC event

These are just a few and they aren't really in order other than #1.