R. Curran OLB

I'm all for him in the 3rd round. He's a beast, the only thing bad about him is that he lacks ideal height but he's has a motor that doesn't stop. What round do you all think he should go in?

Both Curran an Edds are strong 3rd round possibilites if we pass on Weatherspoon at #19 for a riskier DE. In fact, if we pass on safe pick of Weatherspoon at #19, the logical reasoning would be that there are better OLB in the 3rd round then there would be DEs in the 3rd round.

Curran is a weakside LB and Edds is a strong side LB. It just depends on which one the Falcons want. Curran may even slip to the 4th round due to his 5'11'' size but his game film has plenty of WOW moments, vs. stout SEC competition,to warrant a 3rd round selection. I'd love to have them both for Peterson to groom and to compete with Nichols and James.

Edited by coachx

Obviously he doesn't have ideal height, but he was an elite player in the SEC. There have been several LBs below 6'0 that have succeeded in the league - London Fletcher, Jessie Tuggle, etc.

I think he'd be an ideal target for round 3. Let him sit for a year behind Peterson and play special teams and take over in 2011.

Obviously he doesn't have ideal height, but he was an elite player in the SEC. There have been several LBs below 6'0 that have succeeded in the league - London Fletcher, Jessie Tuggle, etc.

I think he'd be an ideal target for round 3. Let him sit for a year behind Peterson and play special teams and take over in 2011.

Just like Fletcher and Tuggle, Rennie is a MLB. He played the middle in college, so I have no idea how he ends up being projected as an OLB.

BTW, Peterson's most productive years in Jax were spent as a MLB, where he was protected by Henderson and Stroud.

Just like Fletcher and Tuggle, Rennie is a MLB. He played the middle in college, so I have no idea how he ends up being projected as an OLB.

BTW, Peterson's most productive years in Jax were spent as a MLB, where he was protected by Henderson and Stroud.

Rennie never played MLB in college.