Charles Grant

the guy has some baggage and has been a disappointment the last two years but he has ability and he's from Georgia(not that that means anything).

I would work him out at least...if he shows well, I would give him a one year deal just above the vet minimum.....who knows, he might turn his career around here. Grant used to ooze talent/athletic ability...he's not the same player anymore though.

the guy has some baggage and has been a disappointment the last two years but he has ability and he's from Georgia(not that that means anything).

I would work him out at least...if he shows well, I would give him a one year deal just above the vet minimum.....who knows, he might turn his career around here. Grant used to ooze talent/athletic ability...he's not the same player anymore though.

+1

Well said. He said he would love to play for Atlanta. Him and Schien both feel the Falcons can be a SB team this year. He has the character that Blank and TD love. Him in a rotation with our other DE's, is an upgrade replacing JA98.

He had over twice as many sacks last year as Jamaal has in his whole career. I don't see a problem with him being a rotational guy that plays on 1st/2nd downs.

I am not saying he won't be better than terrible. I am pretty sure I could play DE and accidently get a sack before JA98.

Edit: to be fair, we really could use a good LDE. I would want to see what we do in the draft first.

Edited by sporkdevil

Heard him earlier on NFL Sirius. He said he wanted to play with either the Panthers or Falcons so he could play against the Saints twice a year. He said the Falcons could be this years Superbowl Champion. If there is any room and he came at a huge discount then maybe for competition and depth but the guy has really dropped off the last few years. Honestly though, I think with drafting a DE and the other players are young except for Abe and hopefully on their way up I don't think it makes sense to take the Saints hand me down.

He could still be a decent DE, he just needs someone to smack a little sense into him and get him back in shape. I think he's too slow and old for the Panthers. He may find success with the Falcons but he'll probably want to be overpaid. Not sure he'd be worth it unless the coaches were 100% positive that they could get him back in shape and ready for the '10 season.