Trading with Giants at 15?

I would like to say I've read this message board for years now, but never posted. Thought today would be the day. First off, I have always been a fan of trading down for more picks, especially in a deep draft like this, but can't help wonder what the front office and the Atlanta fanbase would think about trading up to 15 with the Giants, if Morgan slipped there. I think it's obvious he will not get by the Titans at 16. What would you be willing to give up to move 4 spots? Would it make since for the Giants? They are in need of a corner. Joe Haden could be there at 15 for them, but Kyle Wilson and the rest of this good CB class will be there at 19. We get our DE from the hometown team, they get a starting CB plus a couple extra picks more then likely. Question is which ones? Would you be willing to trade up if Morgan is there at 15? It's got to be tempting to TD. Ready.....Set....FLAMMMMEEE ON!!

I would like to say I've read this message board for years now, but never posted. Thought today would be the day. First off, I have always been a fan of trading down for more picks, especially in a deep draft like this, but can't help wonder what the front office and the Atlanta fanbase would think about trading up to 15 with the Giants, if Morgan slipped there. I think it's obvious he will not get by the Titans at 16. What would you be willing to give up to move 4 spots? Would it make since for the Giants? They are in need of a corner. Joe Haden could be there at 15 for them, but Kyle Wilson and the rest of this good CB class will be there at 19. We get our DE from the hometown team, they get a starting CB plus a couple extra picks more then likely. Question is which ones? Would you be willing to trade up if Morgan is there at 15? It's got to be tempting to TD. Ready.....Set....FLAMMMMEEE ON!!

I'm a newbi but have been a season ticket holder and a reader of this site for a while too. Just never posted until yesterday.

The Giants don't have a need in the 1st for a DE. They want McClain. If McClain is gone at #15 then they may look to trade down.

Not sure I want to package any picks to move up for Morgan. I know the GT fans love him but in reality he struggled when he played vs. good competition (an average UGA team & Iowa really exposed him). That O-line talent he played against in the ACC just was not up to snuff. He may fall to #19 and even if he did I'm not sold on him at all.

If Morgan is still there, which is a pretty good possibility, and depending on the asking price, I would have no problems with that.

The problem is that NY could probably use a DE almost as bad as we do.

I'd love to move up to #14 or #15, it might cost a 3rd though, so I don't know if we will go for it.

But for Morgan... I'd definitely think long and hard about it. And probably do it.

I'd love to move up to #14 or #15, it might cost a 3rd though, so I don't know if we will go for it.

But for Morgan... I'd definitely think long and hard about it. And probably do it.

I wouldn't trade our 3rd round pick pick i dont think we would need too.

Last year tampa traded up from the 19th spot to the 17th spot for merely a extra 6th round pick.... I think we can trade our 4th round pick or maybe even the high 5th round pick with the 19th pick to move up to the 15th pick... It depends on will the player the Giants target will be there at 19

If Morgan is there @ 15 we better make the deal if it costs a 3rd or less. I would expect it, since word is Smith REALLY likes Morgan.

another deal I would be fine with is trading our #1 for Osi Umenyiora and their 2 and 3.

I just assumed it would cost a 3rd, if it only set us back a 4th rounder there is no reason we shouldn't try to move up to #15. I think Morgan would be well worth it.

I just assumed it would cost a 3rd, if it only set us back a 4th rounder there is no reason we shouldn't try to move up to #15. I think Morgan would be well worth it.

wasnt quoting you on it. just saying even at a 3rd, we should do it. If they feel MOrgan is the elite DE we need to get him. it is very important that your round one picks pan out IMO. TB moved up to 17 from 19 i think and it only cost them a 5 or 6 rounder.

If we get a 3rd comp like it is assumed, we should def give one up to make sure we get our guy. I doubt the Jets regret giving the picks to move up and secure their guy when they wanted Derelle Revis @ 14.

If Morgan is there @ 15 we better make the deal if it costs a 3rd or less. I would expect it, since word is Smith REALLY likes Morgan.

another deal I would be fine with is trading our #1 for Osi Umenyiora and their 2 and 3.

Yes I'd be for that aswell I'm not to convinced about any DE coming out and I think Umenyiora would be really good for us.I don't no if the Giants would give up Umenyiora and there 2nd and 3rd though but he would be a good p/up for us.

Yes I'd be for that aswell I'm not to convinced about any DE coming out and I think Umenyiora would be really good for us.I don't no if the Giants would give up Umenyiora and there 2nd and 3rd though but he would be a good p/up for us.

I think that would give them late 2nd round value for him.

wasnt quoting you on it. just saying even at a 3rd, we should do it. If they feel MOrgan is the elite DE we need to get him. it is very important that your round one picks pan out IMO. TB moved up to 17 from 19 i think and it only cost them a 5 or 6 rounder.

If we get a 3rd comp like it is assumed, we should def give one up to make sure we get our guy. I doubt the Jets regret giving the picks to move up and secure their guy when they wanted Derelle Revis @ 14.

IF the front office determines that Morgan can be our LE for the next 10 years then I would expect them to jump on it. However, I personally think the best value is to stay at 19 and get Graham.

Put it this way: I would rather have Derrick Morgan and no player that would be available at #83, then Brandon Graham and a 3rd round WR/LB/OL.

I really feel that Morgan and Dunta Robinson can change the dynamic of our defense.

Excelent way of putting it but I respectfully disagree. I would rather have Graham + Shipley than just Morgan. I think Brandon Graham changes the dynamic of our defense in his own right and we keep the third round to adress one of our other needs...be it a playmaker, a OLB, or a RT.