Perrish Cox to work out in Waco

hawkeye

Oklahoma State coach Mike Gundy isn't allowing cornerback Perrish Cox to work out at their Pro Day.

He was suspended from the Cotton Bowl for curfew violations.

So, Cox is set to work out on March 30 at Waco High School in Texas, per TFY Draft Preview.

Cox is a highly regarded prospect who said at the NFL scouting combine that he faced a lot of scrutiny from NFL scouts about the curfew violation.

Cox visited his girlfriend then got caught in traffic and missed curfew.

“That’s one of the main things they harass with me," Cox said. "It’s kind of tough. I’m used to it. It was a

mistake. Something I did wrong. I shouldn’t have left in the first place. I’ve gotten used to it.

I kind of knew that was going to happen.

“I tell them straight up, it was my fault. I shouldn’t have left. I take all the blame for it. Coach did what he had to do. He wanted to suspend me for the game. I had to accept it. If I wouldn’t have left, it wouldn’t have happened. I take all the blame for it.”

Cox acknowledged that he had two curfew violations.

"I think that’s why our head coach made the decision he had to make," Cox said. "It happened, first time we got there that Sunday. Me and a few other guys on the team, we decided to go out, didn’t have practice the next day. We came in after curfew that day. Got caught.

"Got suspended for it, well, didn’t get suspended that time. He gave us other punishments. We actually went in the next few days and talked to him, got punishments, and he gave it all back. Happened again on New Year’s Eve. I went out again and got caught on curfew.”

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Wilson-Perrish-Cox-to-work-out-in-Waco.html

Mayock says Cox's backpedal is too high but the main thing is he is too inconsistent and not good in zone.

Before Mayock said that about his backpedal I always did say that he always just side shuffled. I didn't

think he could backpedal.