BEG TD TO GIVE UP 19TH PICK FOR BRANDON MARSHALL

thesav

Brandon Marshall (born March 23, 1984), nicknamed "The Beast

Marshall is known for his ability to break and dodge tackles.[6] He led all NFL wide receivers in yards after first contact for the 2007 NFL season.[5] Regarding Marshall's breakaway ability, Kansas City Chiefs cornerback Brandon Flowers said, "Brandon Marshall is a defensive lineman playing wide receiver. He wants to inflict punishment on you. He wants you to try to tackle him so he can shove you off of him and get more yards."[6] Oakland Raiders cornerback Nnamdi Asomugha said Marshall is "the toughest guy to bring down, one-on-one."

Bring him home...

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah because we dont have enough youth and inexperience there as it is.

tool

Ya, I am a tool for thinking we should build through the draft and make our defensive line better. Go watch some actual football sometime, you may learn something.

tool.

Edited by ConnFalcon

build through the draft?

no team wins super bowls on the draft alone. you have to balance veteran leadership with youth. free agency is just as important as the draft. a bunch of young kids isnt going to improve our team this season.

thats why we got robinson. WE HAD TOO MUCH YOUTH IN THE SECONDARY TO DRAFT A CB. our offense needs some youth especially on the line and in the receiving corps and those issues will be addressed. marshall is a stud and guys like him arent a dime a dozen. wr is a very risky pick in the draft so why waste one when you get a guarantee.

for every miles austin and marques colston theres 5 charles rogers and mike williams. defense is easier to draft especially in mid to later rounds. wr and qb are probably the biggest crapshoots in the draft. but if youre of the mistaken mindset that we dont need help at wr this wont make much sense to you.

build through the draft?

no team wins super bowls on the draft alone. you have to balance veteran leadership with youth. free agency is just as important as the draft. a bunch of young kids isnt going to improve our team this season.

thats why we got robinson. WE HAD TOO MUCH YOUTH IN THE SECONDARY TO DRAFT A CB. our offense needs some youth especially on the line and in the receiving corps and those issues will be addressed. marshall is a stud and guys like him arent a dime a dozen. wr is a very risky pick in the draft so why waste one when you get a guarantee.

for every miles austin and marques colston theres 5 charles rogers and mike williams. defense is easier to draft especially in mid to later rounds. wr and qb are probably the biggest crapshoots in the draft. but if youre of the mistaken mindset that we dont need help at wr this wont make much sense to you.

Please show me where I said we don't need help at WR. I am not happy with Jenkins, at all. I don't think he is a legit number 2. I just don't think we should spend our 1st and 3rd round draft pick on one. I would rather get a cheaper veteran and not lose a 1st and 3rd.

Are you happy with our pass rush? Because I sure as **** am not. I am not saying that a rooke DE would come in an make an impact (although he could) but it is time to start looking for a replacement for Abe. And if the guy is good enough, then can even play on the other side of Abe this year.

Also, where did I say you JUST build through the draft alone? Again, putting words in my mouth. You build through the draft, and fill the holes in a FA. WR is a hole, but I don't beleive it warrants spending a 1st and 3rd round pick when our defense has so many holes.

Edited by ConnFalcon

Please show me where I said we don't need help at WR. I am not happy with Jenkins, at all. I don't think he is a legit number 2. I just don't think we should spend our 1st and 3rd round draft pick on one. I would rather get a cheaper veteran and not lose a 1st and 3rd.

Are you happy with our pass rush? Because I sure as **** am not. I am not saying that a rooke DE would come in an make an impact (although he could) but it is time to start looking for a replacement for Abe. And if the guy is good enough, then can even play on the other side of Abe this year.

so who do you have in mind that would be better than marshall at the 2 spot?

im not saying give a first and third for him but hes worth a first easy. is there a de in the draft thats going to be the proven player that marshall is? in the first round? if so im all for it. if hes proven.

Tandy, I respect your opinion highly but this article actually hurts your case if you were on the side not to sign him. Here is the quote halfway down the page:

If your first-round pick is in the second half of the first round, then trade away.

As much as I hate his off-field character, what he would bring to our offense is a fire that couldn't be stopped. With BM, Roddy, TG and HD, defenses would have to seriously reconsider blitzing. I don't think he brings the same cancer to the locker room that T.O does. His only problem, football wise, last season is he wanted to be paid and get a longer deal. When he got paid, he played outstanding and you never heard about it again. I think this is one time we might need to pull the trigger on a "controversial" player.

I don't think we are going to pick up this kind of talent with the 19th pick in the draft. If TD can look him in the eye during a face-to-face and feels good about bringing him on board, I think it is time to make this move. Also, I don't think many here will admit it but he has more talent than Roddy.

I'm from the school of thought that you only pick up big name free agents when it fills a glaring hole and increases a need at least two-fold. The Robinson signing did that for our DBs. Marshall makes our receiving core one of the tops in the league.

I know they want a 1st and 3rd, but if we offered them a 1st, I bet they jump all over it.

so who do you have in mind that would be better than marshall at the 2 spot?

im not saying give a first and third for him but hes worth a first easy. is there a de in the draft thats going to be the proven player that marshall is? in the first round? if so im all for it. if hes proven.

There is a 1st and 3rd round tender on him.....

Now if it was JUST a first, I would consider it. (sitting in the GM armchair) It would also make my decision easier if we had a 2nd round pick, but we don't. So we get Marshall and would not be able to draft anyone until the 4th round...I don't like the sound of that. (however we may be getting a 3rd round comp pick, but not 100% on that)

I don't feel like doing to reasearch right now on who is still available and who is a restricted free agent as far as receviers go. I am just saying I think a 1st and 3rd is to much for that position.

the we have to pay him 10M a season a well, or he will be a cry baby and disrupt the team.

We have too much chemistry for a guy like this, and it isnt a need.

I would take Tate or Benn @ 19 before I gave it for Marshall, then paid him top WR pay, and risked him ruining chemistry.

Now if it was JUST a first, I would consider it. (sitting in the GM armchair) It would also make my decision easier if we had a 2nd round pick, but we don't. So we get Marshall and would not be able to draft anyone until the 4th round...I don't like the sound of that. (however we may be getting a 3rd round comp pick, but not 100% on that)

I don't feel like doing to reasearch right now on who is still available and who is a restricted free agent as far as receviers go. I am just saying I think a 1st and 3rd is to much for that position.

it is just a first.

nobody is giving a first and 3rd for marshall. it is negotiable.

the we have to pay him 10M a season a well, or he will be a cry baby and disrupt the team.

We have too much chemistry for a guy like this, and it isnt a need.

I would take Tate or Benn @ 19 before I gave it for Marshall, then paid him top WR pay, and risked him ruining chemistry.

We brought TG in, not only for his skills at TE, but his veteran leadership. He is well respected around the league and I think he could keep the chemistry hit to a minimum.

We brought TG in, not only for his skills at TE, but his veteran leadership. He is well respected around the league and I think he could keep the chemistry hit to a minimum.

And TG is known as the hardest practice player in the NFL, while Marshall disrupted his teams practices by pouting, intentionally dropping passes and when he did catch them kicking the balls of the field after.

No thanks on this clown. If we had no WR maybe, but I would have took Boldin wayyyy before this guy.

i agree. we have a great team, coach, owner, gm, can denver say the same? no. especially with the moron they have coaching the team. marshall is old enough to be a vet but only 25 so hes still got plenty of gas in the tank. i wont be disappointed if we dont get him but it would be nice. if not i hope td has a draft trick up his sleeve for the wr position because we are in desperate need of a playmaker beside roddy.

and the guy who says take tate instead of marshall? do you know how much that costs? id rather pay a proven vet that money than some rookie who likely wont be ready to produce. we need immediate impact players in the draft so that excludes positions such as cb and wr. thats why we got robinson.