Golden Tate is not even rated a 1st round draft pick much less what we need this early. This is the dumbest mock I have seen all year.

while we dont need him, the NFL LOVES speed @ WR. IMO he could very well go before we pick. Look at Heyward Bay going so high, and he wasn't half the WR than Tate is. And even if OAK didn't take him @ 7 he would have went top 15.

Basically, I am saying the problem isnt him being a reach, just being bad value for the Falcons. We could use RT, OG, OC, DE, DT before WR.

I really don't care what his 40 time was, I would be pretty pissed if we took Golden Tate with our first round pick. DE and OLB are wayyyyyyyyy more important issues that need to be addressed. And does Kirwin REALLY think we would pass on Jason Pierre-Paul for a receiver??????? Come on now.....

Quick, who's better at their job, now and in the future?

Micheal Jenkins

OR

Kroy Biermann

That's a very easy question to answer, for me. If you have a better player at that position, and elite talent in 3 other slots on the line(Babs, Abe, Jerry), exactly how it so critical?

OLB's aren't impact players in the cover 2, nor are they hard to find. Just ask the Colts.

Wow! He don't even have Campbell or Iupati in the first rd, I promise you we would take either one of these 2 players over Tate. That's the worst Mock I've seen this year.

I hope not Campbell...I'd be fine with Iupati over Tate, but not a workout warrior who is a 3rd/4th rounder on tape over a dominant playmaker who produced in college AND lit it up at the combine.

Campbell would make me sick, but we don't have to worry about that. TD has never drafted a workout warrior high, I doubt he'll start now. Not to say that Campbell might not turn into a great LT...but he's such a huge risk, and we really need to hit on this pick.

I just posted this about his mock in Draft & FA forum, but his mock is just plain awful.

19. Atlanta Falcons

Golden Tate, WR, Notre Dame

The Falcons could go defensive end here and take a guy like Jason Pierre-Paul, but the kind of speed (4.3) and character Tate possesses make him very tempting.

20. Houston Texans

Kyle Wilson, CB, Boise State

The Texans lost Dunta Robinson in free agency and need to continue to build a secondary that faces Peyton Manning twice a year. Wilson also has return skills.

21. Cincinnati Bengals

Demaryius Thomas, WR, Georgia Tech

Surprised he's in the first round after an honorable mention in last week's mock draft? Too many people have been telling me this guy, with his 19 yard-per-catch average for his career, belongs in the same class as Calvin Johnson. He's moving up draft boards

Call me crazy but I would rather have the 6'3" Thomas that runs a 4.3 than the 5'10" Tate that runs a 4.3.

Thomas is 6-foot-3, 227 pounds and recently ran a verified 4.38 in the 40-yard dash, which was filmed and will be sent to every team in the league.

Thomas might have to work on his route running but we already have a slot WR in Douglas, and I don't really want a bunch of Smurfs at the WR position.

I realize that this is an unpopular choice, just as Roddy White was when he was drafted.

There are a couple things I'm pretty sure of, though:

1. Our GM and coaching staff are very interested in improving both our depth at Wr, and acquiring another legitimate target so we don't have to play Jenkins as a starter.

2. Jenkins is not even an avg. 2nd receiver, and with this league going more to a passing dominated game, acquiring an above avg. no. 2(in addition to a good slot) has to be considered important to creating a team that wins championships and playoff games.

Teams simply can't take away a legit no. 1 target(Roddy), a good TE(Gonzalez, whoever we acquire this year to be his understudy-will be an athletic pass catcher, almost certainly), a slot WR like H. Douglas, and a legit playmaking no. 2 who punishes teams that focus on the other threats....and all of this with a rb like Turner ready to pound it inside 25 times a game.

3. Golden Tate is not a reach, talent wise, at 19. I think he's pretty clearly the no.2 WR in this draft.

He's already highly experiences and EXTREMELY productive in a pro style offense.

He's extremely quick, with pretty good speed, and he explodes out of his cuts and has tremendous burst.

Amazing hands, amazing ball skills.

Good route runner. Fantastic after the catch.

Has excellent return skills.

There's not alot wrong with him as a prospect, other than mediocre(but far from terrible) size.

Short? He's about 5'11, so a little. Small? He's nearly 200lbs, so not really. He's a good bit bigger than Steve Smith or Santana Moss. He's pretty similarly sized to Lee Evans from Buffaloe, and he's very tough.

But his not even the best player on the board, we need DE,OT,OLB before we even consider a wideout in the first rnd, We already have our #1, so I think we can look at drafting someone in the 4th rnd to give us some ins incase harry doesn't come back strong, or if any injurys occur, we don't need a 50 catch guy, just someone who we can get a few catches a game to stretch the field and create mismatches

Unless you're trying to propose that what you said - "I would be pissed if we take a defensive end in the first round when we need help on defense, this guy is just pulling stuff out of his butt." - makes sense, then there's no need for you to post a sarcastic reply. How about editing what you said so that what you posted makes sense?

This is a message board not a college English class.

Unless you're trying to propose that what you said - "I would be pissed if we take a defensive end in the first round when we need help on defense, this guy is just pulling stuff out of his butt." - makes sense, then there's no need for you to post a sarcastic reply. How about editing what you said so that what you posted makes sense?

He knew what I ment

I would rather go LB with our first pick, but if we are truly interested in a WR in the first round I would hope we would sign Brandon Marshall to an offer sheet in hopes Denver wouldn't match. Atleast if we had to give up our first for a WR we get a proven talent and not an unknown. The only WR I would spend a first round pick on in the draft would be Dez Bryant

Horrible pick, WR in the 1st is not good unless your hoping the guy can be your #1 and your set everywhere else, does anyone really think that Golden tate could beat out Mike Jenkins and Harry Douglas, I agree we could use a reciever but with a mid round pick imo, I'd take Spoon, Graham, Price or Dan Williams, didn't see him in the 1st, any day of the week before Tate, **** I'd rather take Kyle Wilson even with all our Corner depth

tate could beat out michael jenkins with his eyes close and probably douglas too coming off of the ACL injury.

jenkins brings good run blocking to the table. tate brings good route running, consistent hands, deep speed, the ability to run the wild cat and catch screen passes and the ability to return punts. who would you take?

Was just about to post this as well, Kirwan is reaching here on a couple of picks here. He has a point that Tate will make a good WR, however I would be beside myself if we waste a pick on a receiver...that would be pointless pick. I will say, this is a big year coming up for Jenkins...time for him to put up or shut up. Also, there's no way Haden falls that far either.

I just posted this about his mock in Draft & FA forum, but his mock is just plain awful.

19. Atlanta Falcons

Golden Tate, WR, Notre Dame

The Falcons could go defensive end here and take a guy like Jason Pierre-Paul, but the kind of speed (4.3) and character Tate possesses make him very tempting.

20. Houston Texans

Kyle Wilson, CB, Boise State

The Texans lost Dunta Robinson in free agency and need to continue to build a secondary that faces Peyton Manning twice a year. Wilson also has return skills.

21. Cincinnati Bengals

Demaryius Thomas, WR, Georgia Tech

Surprised he's in the first round after an honorable mention in last week's mock draft? Too many people have been telling me this guy, with his 19 yard-per-catch average for his career, belongs in the same class as Calvin Johnson. He's moving up draft boards

Call me crazy but I would rather have the 6'3" Thomas that runs a 4.3 than the 5'10" Tate that runs a 4.3.

Thomas is 6-foot-3, 227 pounds and recently ran a verified 4.38 in the 40-yard dash, which was filmed and will be sent to every team in the league.

Thomas might have to work on his route running but we already have a slot WR in Douglas, and I don't really want a bunch of Smurfs at the WR position.

Would you also rather have the 6'6'' Matt Jones who runs in the 4.3's instead of a 5'8'' Steve Smith who runs in the 4.4's?

Golden Tate is a better player right now than Thomas.

Was just about to post this as well, Kirwan is reaching here on a couple of picks here. He has a point that Tate will make a good WR, however I would be beside myself if we waste a pick on a receiver...that would be pointless pick. I will say, this is a big year coming up for Jenkins...time for him to put up or shut up. Also, there's no way Haden falls that far either.

Jenkins is swiftly approaching the point where his physical tools will start to decline. How old is he? 29, 30? Put up or shut up comes before your 8th year in the league.