It'll be SPOON

MagnusXXIII

Does this pick smell like Dimitroff?

... A physical, urgent, athletic, high charachter OLB ... That can cover ... In a position of need, in the sweet spot of our draft range.

No DE has a better risk/reward ... Let's hope he's there.

C. Dunlap is the biggest, fastest, most talented DE in the draft. He is blessed with rare blend of size and quickness.

He has the highest ceiling of any DE in the draft. The guy knocks down passes, blows up OTs against the run, great closing speed on sacks, long arms, tough, aggressive, etc.

I think Spoon is a fantastic OLB and I would be more than happy to have him but If we follow suit with what the plan is-Improve against the pass, I dont see a guy with more potential than Dunlap.

I think Spoon is a freak but Dunlap is also. 6'6 280lbs that runs 4.7.

Unlike J. Anderson who had 1 great year at ARK. Dunlap has 20 sacks in his last 2yrs starting at FLA. Thats double figure sacks per year and he also is super stout against the run. QBs arent gonna be able to run away from him like they did the lazy out of shape J. Anderson who transitioned from WR.

Dunlap has been a DE since freshman year in highschool. He was the #2 rated player in the nation coming out of high school. I had the pleasure of playing against him in high school and he was a freak, He was the starting DE but was also the #1 KR for his school

Imagine a guy that big coming at you with a full head of steam? OMG!

Does this pick smell like Dimitroff?

... A physical, urgent, athletic, high charachter OLB ... That can cover ... In a position of need, in the sweet spot of our draft range.

No DE has a better risk/reward ... Let's hope he's there.

Dimitroff smells good football players like a cat smells tuna! I got Dimitroff getting Weatherspoon plus a killer d-end next.

C. Dunlap is the biggest, fastest, most talented DE in the draft. He is blessed with rare blend of size and quickness.

He has the highest ceiling of any DE in the draft. The guy knocks down passes, blows up OTs against the run, great closing speed on sacks, long arms, tough, aggressive, etc.

I think Spoon is a fantastic OLB and I would be more than happy to have him but If we follow suit with what the plan is-Improve against the pass, I dont see a guy with more potential than Dunlap.

I think Spoon is a freak but Dunlap is also. 6'6 280lbs that runs 4.7.

Unlike J. Anderson who had 1 great year at ARK. Dunlap has 20 sacks in his last 2yrs starting at FLA. Thats double figure sacks per year and he also is super stout against the run. QBs arent gonna be able to run away from him like they did the lazy out of shape J. Anderson who transitioned from WR.

Dunlap has been a DE since freshman year in highschool. He was the #2 rated player in the nation coming out of high school. I had the pleasure of playing against him in high school and he was a freak, He was the starting DE but was also the #1 KR for his school

Imagine a guy that big coming at you with a full head of steam? OMG!

filtered.

HAHAHAHAHA CARLOS DUNLAP!? Weatherspoon MAYBE, but DANLAP!?!? this guy got nailed with a DUI, constant knocks on him for being non caring and less than 100% effort. the guy is a JA98 CLONE. no way TD brings him in.

DUI, so did I just a couple days ago. It happened once! Most of the coaches said he answered the questions with remorse and a new focus at the combine.

Read the post above. The guy isnt a one year wonder. Consistent production. With a lack of motivation he still averaged 10 sacks a year in the SEC.

If you can get this guy to give 90% he is better than most the DEs in the draft at 100%.

He is simply that good.

Im not saying he passes the Falcons filter, but if he is there at 19 TD takes a good hard look. They say the same thing about Julius Peppers but anyone would take 10 sacks a year even if its only 90% effort.

All these people questioning Spoon is pretty funny. Some guy writed a long article about Spoon I guess bashing him because I dont read that ****, if he was that good of a scout he would be with a team in the NFL. Everyone has the favorites.

Spoon upgrades almost everything Pete does. The coverage, blitzing ability, the SPEED, and URGENCY. He's a born leader that will bring it evry Sunday, he has that swagger we need on Defense.

So it's either

A. Take another DE and not let Kroy and Sid to have the best opportunity to develope

or

B. Take Spoon and upgrade the LB's and also give Kroy and Sid even more opportunities to show what they can do, and hey if Kroy shows he can play the run well we will have found our LDE in the 5th rd of the 08 draft instead of the first rd on the 2010 draft.

Dunlap is pretty good. He's huge, fast and productive. Instead of looking at a young dumb kid getting a DUI, you should be looking at the significant drop-off in Florida's defense when Dunlap wasn't playing. I wouldn't be opposed to Weatherspoon, but returning 3 starters at LB with a decent reserve in Wire doesn't warrant a first round LB selection.

I would rather get a the best DE on the board and draft Norwood/Wahington/Lee/Bowman in the 3rd

Explain?

We are looking for a fulltime starter at LDE?

Why is he so bad?

Because he has almost EVERY MAJOR FLAW TD looks for in guys.

1. Character Problems

2. Very Lazy

3. Unmotivated

4. Work ethic problems

5. Not a Leader

6. Terrible in run defense

7. lacks technique

It boggles the mind how people can see him as a legit player that Dimitroff would look at. Graham, Morgan, Spoon, Hughes, Wilson. Those are the type of guys he has looked at and taken in the 2 drafts he has been here. When has Dimitroff ever taken a guy with a off field law problem and i don't think you will see him ever do so either in the 1st few rounds.

Of all the players that could possibly go in the 1st round Dunlap is far and away the 1 guy i want notihing to do with and i would put money on the line if i had to that Dimitroff would not take based on past drafts and players he has taken.

Because he has almost EVERY MAJOR FLAW TD looks for in guys.

1. Character Problems

2. Very Lazy

3. Unmotivated

4. Work ethic problems

5. Not a Leader

6. Terrible in run defense

7. lacks technique

It boggles the mind how people can see him as a legit player that Dimitroff would look at. Graham, Morgan, Spoon, Hughes, Wilson. Those are the type of guys he has looked at and taken in the 2 drafts he has been here. When has Dimitroff ever taken a guy with a off field law problem and i don't think you will see him ever do so either in the 1st few rounds.

Of all the players that could possibly go in the 1st round Dunlap is far and away the 1 guy i want notihing to do with and i would put money on the line if i had to that Dimitroff would not take based on past drafts and players he has taken.

Couldn't have explained it better myself.

Either way, it's going to be spoon or Graham. I'm not really stressing for a LB, I think we are solid there for at LEAST two more seasons. Petey is getting aged but he has something left in the tank still. Nicholas isn't a real good NFL LB, but he's getting better. I'd rather take Graham.

Agree totally this guy has bust written all over him.

I dont think he will be a bust, I just dont we are at a point that we need to spend a 1st on a LB, especially when the LB group is pretty deep this draft and we can find LB talent in rounds 1-4 that could step in for Peterson next year. I was watching NFL Network last night and Takeo Spikes was asked what was the hardest thing to learn as a rookie LB, He indicated that learning the routes and understanding pass coverages, and also stated that it was a good 3-4 years before he really felt comfortable with pass coverage. This is typical for a Rookie LB and usually you find that Rookie's are playing on running downs but wont start out playing on passing downs, unless the team is terrible. I dont think that Spoon even with his talent will be an upgrade over Peterson and his experience in run support, and you usually dont see Rookie LB starting out in pass coverage due to the complexity of scheme and understand route combinations of oppenents.

ON a side note, whoever gave me a -1 is lame and needs to grow up.

I dont think he will be a bust, I just dont we are at a point that we need to spend a 1st on a LB, especially when the LB group is pretty deep this draft and we can find LB talent in rounds 1-4 that could step in for Peterson next year. I was watching NFL Network last night and Takeo Spikes was asked what was the hardest thing to learn as a rookie LB, He indicated that learning the routes and understanding pass coverages, and also stated that it was a good 3-4 years before he really felt comfortable with pass coverage. This is typical for a Rookie LB and usually you find that Rookie's are playing on running downs but wont start out playing on passing downs, unless the team is terrible. I dont think that Spoon even with his talent will be an upgrade over Peterson and his experience in run support, and you usually dont see Rookie LB starting out in pass coverage due to the complexity of scheme and understand route combinations of oppenents.

Good point. The -1 has been squared.

All these people questioning Spoon is pretty funny. Some guy writed a long article about Spoon I guess bashing him because I dont read that ****, if he was that good of a scout he would be with a team in the NFL. Everyone has the favorites.

Spoon upgrades almost everything Pete does. The coverage, blitzing ability, the SPEED, and URGENCY. He's a born leader that will bring it evry Sunday, he has that swagger we need on Defense.

So it's either

A. Take another DE and not let Kroy and Sid to have the best opportunity to develope

or

B. Take Spoon and upgrade the LB's and also give Kroy and Sid even more opportunities to show what they can do, and hey if Kroy shows he can play the run well we will have found our LDE in the 5th rd of the 08 draft instead of the first rd on the 2010 draft.

exactly

not everyone is the same, patrick willis was a beast when he came out, so was cushing,and his teammate matthews, beason was a beast, thoes are first round guys that helped there defense A LOT, just cause one guy had problems with it doesnt mean every player at his position is going to struggle with the samething...

Edited by madman88