ATowN's New Mock Draft

A-TowN.-

I see us going up before the Giants pick and trade our original 5th plus next years 3rd. EDIT: I didn't mean Jags lol.

1. Derrick Morgan - A rare all around LDE talent. We go ahead and grab our future monster at LDE, he provides a variety of pass rush moves as well as a solid run stopping game.

3. Jared Veldheer - Deep OT class and I see Saffold going in front of him. Jared is a big player that can hold off bigger ends. He is going to be a nice RT in this league.

3. A.J. Edds - I wanted to take a chance on Bowman and I sort of hope we do but the character concerns are the only problem. If he matures I could switch Edds around but I feel Edds is the safest pick and is a great SLB prospect, therefore we aren't stacked with WLBs and it doesn't take Adkins out of the picture.

4. Mike Neal - One of my favorite DTs, he had a great showing at the Senior Bowl and some scouts said he was the most impressive. However he will fall due to another good DT class. I see Linval Joseph going right in frot of him, which is another good prospect. Good versus the pass and the run, helps ease Jerry back into rotation.

5. Ed Dickson - Detriots early 5th is more like another 4th round. Dickson may not be the best blocker but he can only get better with Gonzales there. He knows how to get open and can catch. Would be a menace with our double TE sets.

5. Shay Hodge - Ole Miss used Shay as their go to guy, he had a better year than former team mate and Steeler stand out Mike Wallace had at Ole Miss. He had a good senior bowl week and showed great potential. Would like him here a lot.

6. Kevin Thomas - USC had a good secondary and he was apart of it. He is fluid for his size. Excels in man and literally blankets his guy. He gets his hand on the ball and breaks on the ball well. Steal here.

7. Erik Cook - McClure will groom him. Cook is a big C and will provide pass protection from big DTs. Only allowed one sack this year.

We get great value in the later rounds to help our O while addressing the important woes on D first. Watch on NFC, after this draft we are easily the most balanced team in every aspect.

Edited by A-TowN.-

Nice mock. It does addresses our most pressing needs. That would be a nice trade and getting Morgan would answer our LDE concern. Not sure if I was on other end of the trade I would pull that trigger...for a high 1st Rd, I would want more than low 5th rd and next yr 3rd...expecting it will be a low 3rd.

Good points about Edds and Atkins.

Really like Edds, Neal, Hodge and Cook...do not mind the extra depth of OL but I think we may pick 1 Cb mid to late Rds.

gb

We only have two 5th rounders including the comp. pick. We got a 6th from Detroit. I like it but I don't think we'll draft 3 OL. I don't like that. We already have some decent depth on the OL. I'd rather out late round picks be used on potential playmakers.

I just read on the ticker of the new total access show it says we get their 5th and swap 6ths. Get mad at Jason La Whatever. And I believe we need to get as many OL talent as we can, we are protecting our Franchise QB, maybe I'd swap the Hardman pick with a CB or S.

Nice mock. It does addresses our most pressing needs. That would be a nice trade and getting Morgan would answer our LDE concern. Not sure if I was on other end of the trade I would pull that trigger...for a high 1st Rd, I would want more than low 5th rd and next yr 3rd...expecting it will be a low 3rd.

Good points about Edds and Atkins.

Really like Edds, Neal, Hodge and Cook...do not mind the extra depth of OL but I think we may pick 1 Cb mid to late Rds.

gb

Thanks man. I mean if I were at pick 13-15 I would def take a 3rd and 5th to move 4-6 spots back. Hm maybe another future pick.

But I think we have some decent WLBs and no really stout SLB. And I agree about the CB pick, I just think we have a solid group now so idk.

That's a good mock. I like everything except I would take another WR instead of Hodge and another CB in the 6th

instead of OT.

Like what WR? I can't help but have a hunch he will play like his former team mate Wallace. I liked Easley, Mitchell, and Alexander.

Oh and I added a CB option for y'all at 6

I like your picks allot

I take Linaval for the 4th.

I also, have a gut feeling that Graham is the pick we should make over Morgan - I know the super posters will think I'm a moron but I just can't shake this feeling that Graham is 'The' Guy this year.

I had Graham in my mock around 6 months ago and I've had Weatherspoon in my sig since after last years draft. Figured Morgan is another aspect and I think I like his potential to make our team better more so than Graham. I am not sure why. I would be very happy with any of the three. Linval is a good NT and I think he would be a good player. I have just seen more of Neal and I like what he can do.

I see us going up before the Jags pick and trade our original 5th plus next years 3rd.

Im not so much against us trading up for Morgan--he would be the only first round DE that is close to the "sure thing" but i'm not sure what the cost would be. Plus don't the Jags need DE help? I'm still not sold on the idea of us drafting a DE--i think we like what our DLine is more than this board proposes

1. Derrick Morgan - A rare all around LDE talent. We go ahead and grab our future monster at LDE, he provides a variety of pass rush moves as well as a solid run stopping game.

3. Jared Veldheer - Deep OT class and I see Saffold going in front of him. Jared is a big player that can hold off bigger ends. He is going to be a nice RT in this league.

3. A.J. Edds - I wanted to take a chance on Bowman and I sort of hope we do but the character concerns are the only problem. If he matures I could switch Edds around but I feel Edds is the safest pick and is a great SLB prospect, therefore we aren't stacked with WLBs and it doesn't take Adkins out of the picture.

4. Mike Neal - One of my favorite DTs, he had a great showing at the Senior Bowl and some scouts said he was the most impressive. However he will fall due to another good DT class. I see Linval Joseph going right in frot of him, which is another good prospect. Good versus the pass and the run, helps ease Jerry back into rotation.

5. Ed Dickson - Detriots early 5th is more like another 4th round. Dickson may not be the best blocker but he can only get better with Gonzales there. He knows how to get open and can catch. Would be a menace with our double TE sets.

5. Shay Hodge - Ole Miss used Shay as their go to guy, he had a better year than former team mate and Steeler stand out Mike Wallace had at Ole Miss. He had a good senior bowl week and showed great potential. Would like him here a lot.

6. Derek Hardman OR Crezdon Butler -

7. Erik Cook - McClure will groom him. Cook is a big C and will provide pass protection from big DTs. Only allowed one sack this year.

We get great value in the later rounds to help our O while addressing the important woes on D first. Watch on NFC, after this draft we are easily the most balanced team in every aspect.

Who is our offensive playmaker in this draft? I just cant see us not getting Matt another weapon

Love this mock draft. Starting it off with my favorite player in the draft that we can realistcly acquire, Derrick Morgan. The guy is a beast, and is going to be a great DE for whatever team he lands with. Also loving the Valdheer pick, Edds is also a solid OLB. Finishing off with Cook, definitely happy with that pick.

+1.

I like this mock a lot. The real question is whether it is realistic. The trade up may require more compensation.

I agree with you about the type of LB we should draft. I have been looking at WLB's exclusively, but a smart, tough SLB may be the way to go. Nicholas is more of a WLB, as is Atkins, so drafting Edds makes sense.

Good Mock. Like the trade and definitley lke the first three picks.

Morgan obviously sets up our defense line to be about as complete as it can be.

We could definitley use an OT and getting an OLB in the 3rd is a good route to go.

If i was GM i would go DE, DT, OLB with our first 3 picks, but then again i am a defense guy. Nice mock man

I like your picks allot

I take Linaval for the 4th.

I also, have a gut feeling that Graham is the pick we should make over Morgan - I know the super posters will think I'm a moron but I just can't shake this feeling that Graham is 'The' Guy this year.

I'm with you here with Graham over Morgan. Graham proved he is playmaker at the Senior Bowl game and practices vs. stout competition.

Morgan got got shut down vs. UGA, Miami, and Iowa (GT's only 3 losses). UGA ran all over him, Miami threw deep all day long and Morgan could not get any pressure on their QB, and Buluga showed me that Morgan could be a complete non-factor, Jamal Anderson like bust, in the NFL. The only good games he had were vs. the weak ACC and Jacksonville State.

At #19 Morgan could be a good value but Weatherpoon is a sure thing even though OLB is not as valuable as a DE in our defensive scheme. No way I trade up for a guy who flops anytime he plays vs. stout competition. Give me Graham who shines vs. stout competition any day.

That is just my 2 cents.

BTW, I love the A.J. Edds move in the 3rd round. I think the only reason the mocks have him so low is b/c there are not that many 4-3 teams left in the NFL and he is not the pro-type, blitz heavy, 3-4 LB. That is good news for us !

Edited by coachx

Swap the Mike Neal pick for a playmaker on O and its a PERFECT draft

Who is our offensive playmaker in this draft? I just cant see us not getting Matt another weapon

Have you guys not noticed Dickson or Hodge? You guys should, they have looked impressive this past year and with the past months. I wanted Carlton Mitchell but will be gone. Just look at the TE Dickson and WR Hodge, they have playmaking potential and they're solid players, plus we have TG, Roddy, HD, and Norwood coming back, we will be fine with Shay, just think of what Wallace did for Steelers.

Love this mock draft. Starting it off with my favorite player in the draft that we can realistcly acquire, Derrick Morgan. The guy is a beast, and is going to be a great DE for whatever team he lands with. Also loving the Valdheer pick, Edds is also a solid OLB. Finishing off with Cook, definitely happy with that pick.

+1.

Thanks man I appreciate it. Never had a +1 lol!

Good Mock. Like the trade and definitley lke the first three picks.

Morgan obviously sets up our defense line to be about as complete as it can be.

We could definitley use an OT and getting an OLB in the 3rd is a good route to go.

If i was GM i would go DE, DT, OLB with our first 3 picks, but then again i am a defense guy. Nice mock man

Thanks CK, I know, I love the defense as well but I can't neglect the Oline, after the third OT talent drops off bad so I had to sacrifice one lol.

I like this mock a lot. The real question is whether it is realistic. The trade up may require more compensation.

I agree with you about the type of LB we should draft. I have been looking at WLB's exclusively, but a smart, tough SLB may be the way to go. Nicholas is more of a WLB, as is Atkins, so drafting Edds makes sense.

Thanks. And I think it'd be a fair trade. 3rd+5th to move up 4 spots. SLB is important in our scheme. He has to be bigger to take on the RT/RG. Edds is football smart, fast, and good frame. He reminds me of Greenway for the Vikes. There are a couple good players for the WLB spot. Simoni Lawrence could be there at 6 and his upside is big.