Tale of the tape: Leigh Bodden gets 4yrs, $22mil/$10m guaranteed

g-dawg

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do we keep talking about his overpaid crap, Who cares, we will be fine with the cap. I swear we get to caught up in this overpaid nonsense, and we wont know if we overpaid/underpaid until we see what Robinson does in a Falcons uniform and after his press conference I get a feeling that we will have paid the right amount of money for the production we will get on the field.

Bottom line...we got a #1 CB. Case closed.

^^^^^This^^^^^^

Would you rather have not gotten the best CB this year? We are fans, we don't need to worry about the money. Let the FO worry about it, thats why they get the big bucks.

I think everyone just needs to look at the situation see we have our #1 corner now. And the weakest part of our defense last year may now be one of the strongest.

Why do we keep talking about his overpaid crap, Who cares, we will be fine with the cap. I swear we get to caught up in this overpaid nonsense, and we wont know if we overpaid/underpaid until we see what Robinson does in a Falcons uniform and after his press conference I get a feeling that we will have paid the right amount of money for the production we will get on the field.

X2 i am very happy with the signing. Its like anything though, who wouldnt like to have anything for cheaper, its just not the reality though and thats fine by me.

apparently some of you only read every other word of what I wrote.....

I will capitalize these words: "GLAD WE GOT HIM".....

we overpaid, its Blank's money.......if we gave whopping signing bonus then for 2010 then this won't negatively impact our cap - so, from that point, I do have a "who cares" type attitude - but I do think its a significant difference in money - considering MOST of you(myself included) wanted Bodden over Dunta?...Yes, I do....

anyway, it was just an observation.....carry on as you were.

Edited by g-dawg

we overpaid, its Blank's money.......if we gave whopping signing bonus then for 2010 then this won't negatively impact our cap - so, from that point, I do have a "who cares" type attitude - but I do think its a significant difference in money - considering MOST of you(myself included) wanted Bodden over Dunta...

apparantely there was not the type of market for Bodden, which is why he got what he got because I am sure if there was a better offer on the table he probably would have taken it. I do believe Robinson probably was the better CB especially considering that Robinson bad seasons can be explained where Bodden's cant.

we overpaid, its Blank's money.......if we gave whopping signing bonus then for 2010 then this won't negatively impact our cap - so, from that point, I do have a "who cares" type attitude - but I do think its a significant difference in money - considering MOST of you(myself included) wanted Bodden over Dunta...

That is kind of like writing a paragraph about saying how gay all of us are and we are horrible people who cant pay their bills and inserting a but you're cool in the middle of it. What was that flame insurance or something?

Edited by SiViK_OuTkAsT™

That is kind of like writing a paragraph about saying how gay all of us are and we are horrible people who cant pay their bills and inserting a but you're cool in the middle of it. What was that flame insurance or something?

i stand by my original post that we overpaid.....there were no other offers and Falcons were negotiating against themself - so yeah, that was stupid. No backing down from that.

This year, with no cap, teams can overpay and it does not affect a future cap as much if they frontload the contract which I am sure Falcons probably did. If overpaying Dunta does not negatively impact the Falcons in the future from a salary cap standpoint - then the only person it really affects is Arthur Blank's pocketbook - for that, I don't really care - he's a rich man and can afford it.

Understand?

i stand by my original post that we overpaid.....there were no other offers and Falcons were negotiating against themself - so yeah, that was stupid. No backing down from that.

This year, with no cap, teams can overpay and it does not affect a future cap as much if they frontload the contract which I am sure Falcons probably did. If overpaying Dunta does not negatively impact the Falcons in the future from a salary cap standpoint - then the only person it really affects is Arthur Blank's pocketbook - for that, I don't really care - he's a rich man and can afford it.

Understand?

G-dawg is a part time Contract negotiator for his Flag Football team, making sure the wives bring right amount of snacks after the game. WE should listen to him he knows his stuff.

Understand?

I personally haven't discussed much whether we have or we haven't overpaid and really don't see a point to either. That is my stance. We will all just have to wait until about October I guess to know for sure.

We didn't get a bargain, but I guess this board, myself included, liked Bodden more than 32 NFL teams. That is pennies for a starting corner. To think no other team wanted to give him more (or at least significantly more to make him want to change teams).

You also have to consider the Patriots are a strong contender to win the Super Bowl. Falcons improving but not there yet. Sometimes, players consider the chance to win it all in addition to just the money.