No matter who is the #2 corner we have one of the best db core in the league...

We all know Dunta is the #1. Now I dont know who will be the #2 but I believe it will be Brian Williams. Putting Grimes or owens in the nickel is like having a shutdown corner playing the slot if you think about it. Most NFL teams dont have good corners after their #2. Guys like Wes Welker have feild days because most teams nickel back isnt good enough. Personally I am blown away by the cornerswe have their young, fast, and athletic which is a plus. So I dont care who is the #2 or nickel I just know that our secondary is very scary now. GO FALCONS!!! WELCOME HOME DUNTA!!!!

We all know Dunta is the #1. Now I dont know who will be the #2 but I believe it will be Brian Williams. Putting Grimes or owens in the nickel is like having a shutdown corner playing the slot if you think about it. Most NFL teams dont have good corners after their #2. Guys like Wes Welker have feild days because most teams nickel back isnt good enough. Personally I am blown away by the cornerswe have their young, fast, and athletic which is a plus. So I dont care who is the #2 or nickel I just know that our secondary is very scary now. GO FALCONS!!! WELCOME HOME DUNTA!!!!

Im thinking Williams is going to be fighting it out with Grimes for the Nickle. I hope what Owens showed last year was enough to give him an edge this PS. Hes a hard hitter (just as Cadillac Williams) and he knows how to play the ball while its in the air.

Im wondering what the Jets DB's will be like behind Revis and Cro, those 2 are gunna be sick but when there is 3+ WR's on the field who will be covering them?

Some of yall will remember me screaming that the Sky had indeed fell last year after PS G-2.

As we move forward from last years Nightmare, lemme give youse all a big ol word of caution.

As we sit here today this is what we have.

Robinson, Owens and Grimes. in the starting positions with Brian Williams and Tye Hill

riding the pine.

So lets go up and take a peek shall we.

Brian Williams:

A 30 yo with a blown out knee, and I have serious doubts about this guy going airborn

to snag or deflect a pass with out injury risk.

Tye Hill:

I have the same concerns over this guy as Brian Williams, but what really concerns me

is his ability to learn the system. (really makes you wonder what Hills SAT's were)

We absolutely and beyond any and all measure of a reasonable doubt MUST Draft a CB.

Then we will be secure in at the position of CB.

Greatest Needs as of 03-09-10:

DE, Will,O Line, DT, CB

Of lesser needs and or BPA.

WR, TE, KR and RB

I disgree. We have 4 corners who were very effective as starters, and we still have Chevis who shinned his rookie year and is bound for a bounce back season. I dont think CB is a big need at all right now. We need to sure up our LB core FIRST and then our offensive and defensive lines. Again, CB was a strength at the END of last season IMO, then we add a young star and get back our best CB b4 he went down. Truth be told, we are only going to need 3 strong cb's anyways, I rarely saw us use Dime in past seasons. No need to draft a young player who probably will never see the field.

Edited by LightningDawg58

We were 28th in pass defense last season. We sign one guy and all of a sudden we have one of the best DB Corps in the league?

There are so many "if's" right now that you can't even begin to think in this manner.

The Jets used one free agent transaction to create one of the best DB crews in the league. That was because they already had a stud corner and an established secondary. Far to many question marks about our group to get so enthusiastic.

Sure, the team has made a very nice upgrade but this defense is far from built.