A new worker I.D. card for workers...

Rambler

Finally! A way to document who is here legally and who isnt when you apply for a job. Its high time that America look out for its own citizens instead of those who are here illegally. That screaming sound you hear is coming from those who have taken our jobs and laughed in our face for years and years. Get-er-done Congress!

Finally! A way to document who is here legally and who isnt when you apply for a job. Its high time that America look out for its own citizens instead of those who are here illegally. That screaming sound you hear is coming from those who have taken our jobs and laughed in our face for years and years. Get-er-done Congress!

Capitalist elite will forge these cards for their illegal workers anyway...Nothing will change.

Wont happen.

Corporations should be able to hire the workers they want

Spoken like a true foreign national. Lets see you sprout some roots here, have some grown children that you have spent a lifetime educating and nurturing, and watch those children lose out on jobs that are going to foreigners who are working for a 3rd of the wage. Perspectives change then.

Edited by daroadrambler

Spoken like a true foreign national. Lets see you sprout some routs here, have some grown children that you have spent a lifetime educating and nurturing, and watch those children lose out on jobs that are going to foreigners who are working for a 3rd of the wage. Perspectives change then.

My kids wont lost jobs because they wont be doing menial labor that uneducated foreigners can take. My kids will receive a classical European education that will teach them to think, and not just spit out random facts the way American schools teach.

illegals already forge social security cards....why would this make a difference?

this is yet another example of congress doing something that sounds good to appease the masses. people report illegal employment all the time and nothing gets done

My kids wont lost jobs because they wont be doing menial labor that uneducated foreigners can take. My kids will receive a classical European education that will teach them to think, and not just spit out random facts the way American schools teach.

You dont know what you are talking about. Foreigners not only take laborers jobs but high paying construction jobs that typically take a 5 year apprenticeship to obtain. These jobs can be Electrictions, Pipefitters, Plumbers, Sheetmetal, Crane Operators, and Welders. Many workers in these fields make more than college graduates. You also have highly skilled carpenters and wood related craft persons who are out of work because of businesses who hire undocumented workers who live 10 to a house, pay no taxes, and receive no benefits.

Many turned a blind eye to all this when times where booming, but those days have to come to an end.

Americans First!

You dont know what you are talking about. Foreigners not only take laborers jobs but high paying construction jobs that typically take a 5 year apprenticeship to obtain. These jobs can be Electrictions, Pipefitters, Plumbers, Sheetmetal, Crane Operators, and Welders. Many workers in these fields make more than college graduates. You also have highly skilled carpenters and wood related craft persons who are out of work because of businesses who hire undocumented workers who live 10 to a house, pay no taxes, and receive no benefits.

Many turned a blind eye to all this when times where booming, but those days have to come to an end.

Americans First!

My kids will have intellectual trades..Outsource a lawyer much? How about a physician?

Americans First!

how about you prove it, and buy **** made here. I hate when ******* spout off like this, when half their crap is made in a different country. they expect corps and companies to invest in Americans, when they dont do it themselves.

how about you prove it, and buy **** made here. I hate when ******* spout off like this, when half their crap is made in a different country. they expect corps and companies to invest in Americans, when they dont do it themselves.

I have no idea what you just said.

glad to see this. too bad the masses dont go this way. i was gonna buy some shoxs, but i think ill go the 993 way instead. def not as nice, but ill be glad to support my bros and sis.

i don't want to lie...you actually made me think twice and go look for the info. i havent even looked over the sight yet

i don't want to lie...you actually made me think twice and go look for the info. i havent even looked over the sight yet

lol. im not gonna lie i think i was a little harsh on the consumer, especially since plenty of times it just companies trying to cut costs to increase profit margins, while we see little price difference, but i also didnt wanna fit the liberal box that always blames the corps and not the consumers, when both are to blame.

i dont normally shop at american apparel, but i will be checking them out. I cant yell at someone else, and not do my part to help.

:lol: Exactly. You already are supposed to provide ID and an SS number for any job I know of, does anyone think the government workers are giving up their illegals over this? :lol:

Let me enlighten you a little. There are many employers out there that will hire someone even if they know they are illegal because they produce some kind of fake document. The employer says, "looks good to me, when can you start"? The employment card takes away that gray area. You are knowingly and willingly hiring and illegal if they cant produce this card. Will it stop all illegals from working? No, but it will take a nice sized bite out of it. You couple this with stiff fines for employers who employ workers who dont produce the workers card, and you will see a dramatic decrease in illegal workers here.

Once the word gets out that it is tougher to come here and work illegaly, the less illegal immigration you will have.

Let me enlighten you a little. There are many employers out there that will hire someone even if they know they are illegal because they produce some kind of fake document. The employer says, "looks good to me, when can you start"? The employment card takes away that gray area. You are knowingly and willingly hiring and illegal if they cant produce this card. Will it stop all illegals from working? No, but it will take a nice sized bite out of it. You couple this with stiff fines for employers who employ workers who dont produce the workers card, and you will see a dramatic decrease in illegal workers here.

Once the word gets out that it is tougher to come here and work illegaly, the less illegal immigration you will have.

*facepalm*

what makes you think people wont produce a fake employment card? if they are faking SS and other documents, then what makes this one different.

so how does one stop them from forging cards like they do social security numbers?

great minds think alike. B)

now if there was a national database and employers were required to run the card through it like a background check, it could help prevent forgeries and reduce multiple people using the same card.

The database would have to show every check by date and location as well as employment history

so how does one stop them from forging cards like they do social security numbers?

Virginia has gone to Driver Licenses that have holograms and other counterfeit measures that make them very hard to duplicate. Its coming to a state near you soon. The new worker cards are going to be the same way. I will bet that when you send in tax forms for each hire that the employer number on this card will be cross checked with the data base to check on their legal status. Baby steps here. It wont stop all illegal immigration overnight, but it is a huge step in the right direction. Americans need to support this. We need for American jobs to go to our Fathers, Mothers, sons, and daughters.

I fully support LEGAL immigration and work programs. But I would like to see less people from south of the border receive citizenship and more from other parts of the globe. Just because you live next door to us shouldnt give you an unfair advantage over those who are waiting patiently across the globe and doing everything legally. But, I guess thats another topic for another time.