wr in the draft for the falcons?

saw this little tidbit and thought it was very interesting...

Receiver Anquan Boldin joined the show after being traded from the Cardinals to the Baltimore Ravens.

Dan asked if other teams besides the Ravens were in the mix.

"There were a couple of teams. Atlanta was one of them. Miami, Kansas City, New England," Boldin said.

Read More: http://sportsillustr...p#ixzz0hhToEa6V

Get a free NFL Team Jacket and Tee with SI Subscription

Haven't listened to the DP show today yet, but wow.

Just confirms to me that the FO noticed Jenkins lackluster play last season too. For a 3rd rounder Anquan would have been a good pickup but he wanted that new deal so that was probably out.

I do think we'll go WR in the 4th or so.

with no cap, i dont see why it would have been hard to give Boldin a new deal...also on a side note, i not iced that it said that i am a newbie, how could that be?..i have posted off and on here for a few years now. Last time i looked, i think i was like a senior bird or something like that

TD indicated there would be a balance of offense and defense with year in the draft. I think the OL needs some depth that can grow into an upgrade. In the ball catching department, I put TE at a slightly higher need that WR assuming HD is at full stride and confidence.

We need to start preparing for AG (after Gonzo). I'm not comfortabel with Radar or Zinger being the next option for Ryan at TE. Peele is a decent backup, but he is getting long in the tooth by NFL standards.

with no cap, i dont see why it would have been hard to give Boldin a new deal...also on a side note, i not iced that it said that i am a newbie, how could that be?..i have posted off and on here for a few years now. Last time i looked, i think i was like a senior bird or something like that

Not sure, but with the board changes my only guess would be that it took away a lot of your posts and that brought you down to "newbie" status.

Draft MIKE WILLIAMS!! This is the only guy I've seen in the draft that can catch the ball at the highest point.

Disciplinary issues, academic issues, quit the team at one point. If there really is a Falcons Filter, this guy doesn't get past it. He may not get past any teams filters given past issues and his combine showing. I expect him to get his shot as a UDFA somewhere.

With our needs and the talent available, I don't see us touching a WR until the 5th, unless someone falls really low to be a steal as the BPA in the 4th.

WR is a significant need, both for talented depth and a good starter next to R. White. We wouldn't have been interested in Bolden if we were simply wanted to add a late round scrub.

I guess this is what Dimitroff and Pioli were arguing about at the scouting combine. They were both set to go after boldin.

"I'll be interested, honestly, to see how we end up doing a lot of contracts going forward. That's going to yet to be seen, but no question you're going to consider everything that's out there."

Dimitroff also admitted that he's often competing for the same players as some of his former co-workers in New England.

"I was up there arguing with [scott] Pioli actually . . . we were just talking about that very thing," Dimitroff said. "How you take all that you've learned from a certain organization, like New England, and the success we had. We tend to talk about that often, whether it's on the trade side of things or whether it's acquisition side. "

PFT

Disciplinary issues, academic issues, quit the team at one point. If there really is a Falcons Filter, this guy doesn't get past it. He may not get past any teams filters given past issues and his combine showing. I expect him to get his shot as a UDFA somewhere.

Talent wise he is probably a top 5 pick, he will still probably get drafted in the 2nd/3rd round not UDFA

keep thinking its out of the question to draft a wr in the first 3 rounds. as soon as you do it will happen. id rather go wr and ol with our first two picks than de and lb. we need experience at those positions, not more youth and depth. lets get real here.

WR is a significant need, both for talented depth and a good starter next to R. White. We wouldn't have been interested in Bolden if we were simply wanted to add a late round scrub.

That's why the perfect guy is MIke Williams, who is first round talent marred by a bad reputation and could drop to at least the 5th round, maybe 6th or 7th or UDFA.