2010 DEFENSE

Cornerback is the position last year that carried a great deal of misfortune for our beloved falcons. This year saying we have a surplus at the position is an understatement...

TD and the front office acted aggresively and snatched Dunta Robinson off the market with an offer he cant refuse. He is easily our top corner walking in the 2010 campaign.

Next we have 5 players in the mix..

Brian Williams

Brent Grimes

Christopher Owens

Chevis Jackson

Tye Hill

Brian Williams was a solid veteran starter for the falcons last season, he tore his acl and that is my only concern. This guy seemed to fit well and be productivein our system

Brent Grimes or in other words Air Grimes. Coming off a 6 interception season it is hard not to consider this guy for a starting spot. The only concern is his height, but it is debatable that his "hops" make up for it.

Christopher Owens is coming off an impressive rookie campaign. He has a shot at beating out the competition he really gained alot of expiernce last season.

Chevis Jackon, Heavy Chevy is the weak link. I really do not see him actually competing with the rest of these corners and providing them with a challenge for the starting spot.

Tye Hill has alot of potential and hes quick. I cant judge him based off of last season because he came in the middle of the season and really didnt know our system. That is why I am putting a big "?" on this guy.

My predicition:

The two starting corner backs on the team will most likely be Dunta Robinson and Brian Williams. I really hope this doesnt happen because Williams isnt getting any younger and hes coming off a bad injury. What I want to happen is Robinson and Owens however if Williams recovers 100% and plays close to the level he was playing at last season then it is likely he will beat out the rest of these corners. Brent Grimes will most definitly be the nickelback.

These are just predictions and just subject to change and Im really impressed at the depth of this position compared to last year. I love the aspect that these players have to beat each other out to win the starting job. May the best man win.

On another note our defense is going to be really improved compared to last year. Our linemen should be able to cause more havoc because of the increased talent level of the secondary. That being said Decoud matured into a reliable starter last season and I hope Moore beats out Coleman in trianing camp so we can see more of him. Abe Peria Babs and possibly the DE we get in the draft(my proj) is going to be a very solid D-line. My only concern is linebackers hopefully our corps can hold their own. Nonetheless I project our D to be at least top 15 and if not top 10.

Cornerback is the position last year that carried a great deal of misfortune for our beloved falcons. This year saying we have a surplus at the position is an understatement...

TD and the front office acted aggresively and snatched Dunta Robinson off the market with an offer he cant refuse. He is easily our top corner walking in the 2010 campaign.

Next we have 5 players in the mix..

Brian Williams

Brent Grimes

Christopher Owens

Chevis Jackson

Tye Hill

Brian Williams was a solid veteran starter for the falcons last season, he tore his acl and that is my only concern. This guy seemed to fit well and be productivein our system

Brent Grimes or in other words Air Grimes. Coming off a 6 interception season it is hard not to consider this guy for a starting spot. The only concern is his height, but it is debatable that his "hops" make up for it.

Christopher Owens is coming off an impressive rookie campaign. He has a shot at beating out the competition he really gained alot of expiernce last season.

Chevis Jackon, Heavy Chevy is the weak link. I really do not see him actually competing with the rest of these corners and providing them with a challenge for the starting spot.

Tye Hill has alot of potential and hes quick. I cant judge him based off of last season because he came in the middle of the season and really didnt know our system. That is why I am putting a big "?" on this guy.

My predicition:

The two starting corner backs on the team will most likely be Dunta Robinson and Brian Williams. I really hope this doesnt happen because Williams isnt getting any younger and hes coming off a bad injury. What I want to happen is Robinson and Owens however if Williams recovers 100% and plays close to the level he was playing at last season then it is likely he will beat out the rest of these corners. Brent Grimes will most definitly be the nickelback.

These are just predictions and just subject to change and Im really impressed at the depth of this position compared to last year. I love the aspect that these players have to beat each other out to win the starting job. May the best man win.

On another note our defense is going to be really improved compared to last year. Our linemen should be able to cause more havoc because of the increased talent level of the secondary. That being said Decoud matured into a reliable starter last season and I hope Moore beats out Coleman in trianing camp so we can see more of him. Abe Peria Babs and possibly the DE we get in the draft(my proj) is going to be a very solid D-line. My only concern is linebackers hopefully our corps can hold their own. Nonetheless I project our D to be at least top 15 and if not top 10.

our starting corners will be Owens and Robinson

Robinson and owens will start, grimes will be the third corner. I think williams will need a little bit of time to readjust, he might beat out grimes for the third spot. I got moore starting aswell as decoud...we're decent in the secondary now and just need an OLB and a DE. We also need a nice Olineman or two.

I think Williams was retained for depth purposes...he knows the system and if injury occurs, can come in and be effective as long as his knee holds up. I see a lot of people high on Owens getting the other corner spot, and although I may agree with Grimes being better at the NB, I also think Grimes is capable of beating Owens for that spot as well. Grimes plays hard and earns everything he's gotten on this team...if Owens has one bad day, then Grimes could certainly take over. It'll be close.

I like our depth at CB very much. As far as the title of the this thread since it says 2010 DEFENSE, I wanted to coment on something Dunta said during his PC. Did anybody else catch it when he stated that he thought DeCoud was one of the Hardest Hitting Safeties in the league?! I almost lost it when he said that. DeCoud is getting mad respect from his peers around the NFL. Im very excited about his future and especially this next season for him. A HARD HITTING Free Saftey who can cover and has ball skills is nothing to sleep on.