Who takes the next big step?

BirdFan33

Its interesting to see how from year to year, players become high impact guys that get media exposure that was unknown to the common NFL fan the year before.Or as we know them "breakout players".This had me thinking,who is going to emerge for us this year?If I had to put my money down i would put it on either Decoud or Lofton.Lofton is a tackling machine but doesn't really get alot of sacks or picks but with another offseason and a little more training i think we could see that change.Decoud showed alot of promise last year and i really expect him to make a big step into this year.any thoughts?

Its interesting to see how from year to year, players become high impact guys that get media exposure that was unknown to the common NFL fan the year before.Or as we know them "breakout players".This had me thinking,who is going to emerge for us this year?If I had to put my money down i would put it on either Decoud or Lofton.Lofton is a tackling machine but doesn't really get alot of sacks or picks but with another offseason and a little more training i think we could see that change.Decoud showed alot of promise last year and i really expect him to make a big step into this year.any thoughts?

mark my words, beerman will have a breakout year, decoud will have a better year then previous, but to be honest, lofton isnt that coverge type of LB, he is the thumper, the one who is goin to make u pay when he hits u, he has horrible hands, and no ball skills, but we dont need him to be that anyway, as long as we get some impactful OLB that can

I agree about Decoud. also harry douglas coming back from the ACL can have an impact. and either Bierman or Sid, whoever gets the nod

I'm not expecting much from HD. It's usually the 2nd year when a player truly returns from an ACL injury. But my money would be on Decoud. I'm looking for big things from him this year.

mark my words, beerman will have a breakout year, decoud will have a better year then previous, but to be honest, lofton isnt that coverge type of LB, he is the thumper, the one who is goin to make u pay when he hits u, he has horrible hands, and no ball skills, but we dont need him to be that anyway, as long as we get some impactful OLB that can

I agree that Lofton is more a thumper but he is an everydown LB now. He must make plays in the passing game and I think he will. He has good speed and while he doesnt have great hands he can catch a ball.

I look for him to get a pick or 2 this year while increasing numbers in tackles, TFLs and FFs.

WLB is the playmaker position and I would love to have a guy there who is equally effective against pass and run.

With a better pass rush, I think we will see more turnovers from the LBs and DBs

William Moore and/or Sid will have a breakout year similar to Decoud if they get the starting job.

We could potentially have multiple "breakout" guys.

Lofton should have a good year.

Decoud and Douglas are used to the system and can be game changers.

Norwood is in a contract year.

I also think Grimes will be pressed to show he can be a good starting CB too.

There are "No Ceilings"(Great Album by Wheezy) to what we can be or do this year.

I think Moore is going to surprise us all. And Kroy has a good chance to breakout if he works at it.

How great would that to have 2 athletic ball hawking safeties along with a pair of playmaking CBs?

This defense can be special next year even with all the youth.

Even if Moore doesnt excel against the pass first, he can be an enforcer and he has sideline to sideline speed to assist the run D.

I dont see anyone taking a step back, I think expectation are high for the entire team but with a focus on defense in FA and the draft this defense will do nothing but improve.

I think you're going to see Douglas AND Weems have standout years. Both have been set up for success (Douglas was set back by injury) but will be keys to our offense moving forward as they will give us two huge deep threat options.

Good point about Weems. He filled in valiantly as a return man and is a good blocker at WR for his size.

I think he has decent hands too. Everybody is crying about another playmaker at WR but this guy is capable of making plays and has been a very solid contributor on all ST units.