Houston: Interesting fact.

justcs3

"Houston, who has three career interceptions, played well at times, but struggled while playing the ball in the air. He was nearly benched in 2008 for his lack of physical play." ~per D. Orlando Ledbetter from the AJC

Didn't Grimes nearly match this record last season alone. And I believe Owens had like 2.

"Houston, who has three career interceptions, played well at times, but struggled while playing the ball in the air. He was nearly benched in 2008 for his lack of physical play." ~per D. Orlando Ledbetter from the AJC

Didn't Grimes nearly match this record last season alone. And I believe Owens had like 2.

Grimes actually doubled that last year, he had 6.

I think its right Houston just had problems turning his neck and when he did he got burned because he lacks the RECOVERY speed.

Did you know that Houston was pound for pound the strongest player in his draft? Truth.. He had 28 reps at his weight. I still think we didn't get enough for him. He will do well for Det. That's the best deal Det had gotten in years on a player.

If only his job was to pick up the receivers over his head a few times he would be money.... unfortunately theres all that other running around crap and trying not to let them in the endzone. Cant show that in a weight room.

And to think he had the same amount of interceptions as Aso and more passes defended in the same amount of time. Stats work all different kinds of ways guys.

Difference:

Aso was thrown at a total of 28 times.

Houston was thrown at a total of 63 times.

Did you know that Houston was pound for pound the strongest player in his draft? Truth.. He had 28 reps at his weight. I still think we didn't get enough for him. He will do well for Det. That's the best deal Det had gotten in years on a player.

and with all that strength he was afraid to get physical once he hit the NFL. Too much time with Deion Sanders maybe?

Kyle Wilson performed similarly at the combine (strength) but I like his play style better than Houston coming out. He plays the pass better and didnt rely on manhandling the WR at the line to get his advantage.

Why did he play so soft? His physical presence is something else but unfortunately it didn't translate on the field. Workout Warrior!

If only his job was to pick up the receivers over his head a few times he would be money.... unfortunately theres all that other running around crap and trying not to let them in the endzone. Cant show that in a weight room.

Thanks for making me laugh out loud in the office. :lol:

Why did he play so soft? His physical presence is something else but unfortunately it didn't translate on the field. Workout Warrior!

Because he was playing what the scheme dictated, Houston is not a scheme fit for US. I think he'll do pretty well playing for the Lions.

I believe Houston will play much better in press coverage.

Frankly, and this is just me. I'm SICK of seeing our CB's line up 10 yards off the ******* WR. I would LOVE to see them play up and knock the **** out of the WR's in that 5 yard window.

Because he was playing what the scheme dictated, Houston is not a scheme fit for US. I think he'll do pretty well playing for the Lions.

I believe Houston will play much better in press coverage.

Frankly, and this is just me. I'm SICK of seeing our CB's line up 10 yards off the ******* WR. I would LOVE to see them play up and knock the **** out of the WR's in that 5 yard window.

We tried him in press man in preseason hoping we could run more man under and blitz some. That was when everyone started saying our defense was going to suck because our corners couldn't cover. When the season started, the coaches covered that with the straight zone scheme.

Scheme fit would be a good argument if he did well in either scheme. Unfortunately, he's had a chance to play man up for us and it didn't work any better than him playing zone.

Difference:

Aso was thrown at a total of 28 times.

Houston was thrown at a total of 63 times.

EXACTLY

That is why most of the best CB's don't have lofty #'s..... They take away half of the field.... A much BIGGER factor that doesn't show up of a "stat" sheet.