Colts' G just hit the market...

Durrty

Per PFW...

http://www.profootballweekly.com/2010/03/08/report-colts-release-starting-olg-lilja

We should look into this guy...we need some solid depth on the OL and this guy could very well be the answer. He should also come favorably cheap. Even though I disagree (and Jeff Saturday does too) with the Colts' GM for blaming the OL for their Superbowl loss, I think his experience on one of the best OLs in the league could instantly improve our pass protection. Lilja could come in and challenge Blalock for his spot during training camp. I've watched our QB scramble to the right too many times to allude defenders. The guy is only 28 - started three seasons with the Colts and played every game and is a high, character player. I believe, with Boudreau at the helm, his run blocking skills can improve, but we need to bring in some guys who will also give Ryan the extra time to make his throws.

Comments?

Stephen Neal NE starting RG is an UFA I think he should be looked at as well

Stephen Neal has already resigned with the Pats. I also think we should give this guy a hard look. It'd make trading later picks away to move into the second MUCH easier to have another need filled at the interior line spot.

I like him if he's cheap but is 290 a little light for a guard and isn't McClure about the same weight and he has issues with bigger lineman I think we need to draft a bigger guard.

Yea I noticed that...compared to Blalock, he's off 3" and 39 lbs. I believe he can put on the weight, but I think the situation with McClure is age moreso than size. In '08, McClure was the vital piece to our OL having success...dude played stellar, but I think now his body is starting to wear down. Also, you can't forget that he struggled with injuries as well last year.

Stephen Neal has already resigned with the Pats. I also think we should give this guy a hard look. It'd make trading later picks away to move into the second MUCH easier to have another need filled at the interior line spot.

You have better sources than I do. NFL.COM does not show him as resigned yet,

He does not show up on the patriots web site team roster (however he does show up on their depth chart)

Good Lawd ah Mighty

Do you want a dominating line or Not ?

I am sick and fed up with these light weight O Line men.

Dahl is Light at RG too.

Last year Bankerbird got it right.

He screamed for Phil Loadholdt and all of the experts down played Loadholdt too.

Hmm lets see.

Started for the Viqueens as a Rook, and did not take much a beating until

the playoffs. The dude will only get better.

I dont wanna see no sawed off Runts being drafted at DE either.

By Gawdd.

Per PFW...

http://www.profootballweekly.com/2010/03/08/report-colts-release-starting-olg-lilja

We should look into this guy...we need some solid depth on the OL and this guy could very well be the answer. He should also come favorably cheap. Even though I disagree (and Jeff Saturday does too) with the Colts' GM for blaming the OL for their Superbowl loss, I think his experience on one of the best OLs in the league could instantly improve our pass protection. Lilja could come in and challenge Blalock for his spot during training camp. I've watched our QB scramble to the right too many times to allude defenders. The guy is only 28 - started three seasons with the Colts and played every game and is a high, character player. I believe, with Boudreau at the helm, his run blocking skills can improve, but we need to bring in some guys who will also give Ryan the extra time to make his throws.

Comments?

They couldn't tackle to save their lives, is that the o-line's fault?

Good Lawd ah Mighty

Do you want a dominating line or Not ?

I am sick and fed up with these light weight O Line men.

Dahl is Light at RG too.

Last year Bankerbird got it right.

He screamed for Phil Loadholdt and all of the experts down played Loadholdt too.

Hmm lets see.

Started for the Viqueens as a Rook, and did not take much a beating until

the playoffs. The dude will only get better.

I dont wanna see no sawed off Runts being drafted at DE either.

By Gawdd.

The Colts have one of the best OLs in the league when it comes to pass protecting and all of their starters are smaller than ours so what's your point??? IMO, the only knock on Lilja is his height which could possibly hurt him when it comes to establishing leverage, but if that truly were a problem, he wouldn't be lining up in front of Peyton Manning either.

The Falcons need to start plugging young and big C, RG, and RT's. I expect the Falcons to pick up another starting caliber Oline guy or two somewhere between the 3rd and 5th.

I understand that, but I truly believe our FO wants to start the 2010 season firing on all cylinders. Blank said it himself that back-to-back was good, but he wants rings now. We need impact players at key positions of need if we want to go deep into the playoffs this year. Our pass protection could hinder us if we don't bring in a solid vet at the LG position.

There's a reason he's been let go from a first class organization. Jesus

Why does this guy have to make the most sense? Seriously, Colts line is pass blocking only. I think they are rebuilding that line so maybe they can run the ball.

Who cares how expensive he was? He was young and the year is uncapped. This is a change in their line, and he is the first cut (and Tony Ugoh I guess, but he's still on the team).

I don't think Lilja is anything except depth on... 28 other teams.

You have better sources than I do. NFL.COM does not show him as resigned yet,

He does not show up on the patriots web site team roster (however he does show up on their depth chart)

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/11241/patriots-grinding-away-sign-neal

That's an ESPN link, I also got 2 text updates from ESPN about it. One saying he had resigned, the other with the specifics of the deal.