TD read quick.

Hey everyone really excited about this Chris Houston talk. I wonder why its taking so long to get done though? I was thinking about an alternative to the current proposed trade and wanted some opinions about an idea. Ok here goes.

We trade Houston, our 3rd (19) pick and our 5th(19) pick for Detroits 2nd(2) pick. We could pick up Witherspoon, and very possible pick up a top DE that slipped through the first round. So we could end up with a Dunlap, or Griffen, and Weatherspoon. So gameday we have

DE JA55

DT Babs

DT Jerry

DE Dunlap/Griffen/ or other top DE someone who is an every down DE

LB Petterson/

MLB Loften

LB Weatherspoon- an everydown Lb

CB Williams- he was doing well before injury

CB Robinson

FS TD

SS Coleman/Moore

This would leave us with picks in all 7 rounds; we could address Oline in the 3, 4, and pick up a TE. And use rest of draft to get depth. We would do it for obvious reasons, and Detroit would do it because they have a lot of holes, and would get three quality players, while only giving up one pick. We would do it because it will allow us to address every need position with quality players and allow us to use the rest of the draft for offensive help. What does everyone think?

Edited by ironfalconfan

wEAtherspoon. cmon people.

im sick of it too.

and as for your trade idea, it would never go through IMO. if you look at what draft picks are valued for, in order to get the 34th overall pick we woulkd need to trade alot more than a 3rd and 5th and chris houston. i wish though. but have faith!! im sure TD and co. will find a GEM in the later rounds

Bump for Tuggle

Thanks for the Reply dirtybird, I disagree though, if they value Houston as a fourth, and a swap of 5th's then in essence we are offering a Third, fourth, and 5th pick for thier second pick. I feel like this would be adaquite compensation. And again the value of pics is just a guideline, I feel like we would be very close on value. Also, I do really feel like Weatherspoon is a franchise Lb who could play for a decade for us. He is a freak. I was just thinking it may also be possisble to get a Dunlap/Griffen too. That would be an amazing draft.

Thanks for the Reply dirtybird, I disagree though, if they value Houston as a fourth, and a swap of 5th's then in essence we are offering a Third, fourth, and 5th pick for thier second pick. I feel like this would be adaquite compensation. And again the value of pics is just a guideline, I feel like we would be very close on value. Also, I do really feel like Weatherspoon is a franchise Lb who could play for a decade for us. He is a freak. I was just thinking it may also be possisble to get a Dunlap/Griffen too. That would be an amazing draft.

ya, most people love weatherspoon, i just hope if we draft him, he proves to be more than a workout warrior.

I would love aquiring a 2nd rounder, but i also dont like giving up more picks in order to do that. TD and co. can find two studs with our 3rd and 5th round picks.

We put a 2nd round tender on Norwood and i think its a possibility that a team like SD or GB would take a shot at him